By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon 2 Looks Gorgeous.

Chris Hu said:
Madword said:
Jega said:

The Power of the Xbox One.

Devs are learning how to use the Xbox One more now and it shows.

It's not really the power... it's just the fact that coders do things better than when they are rushing games out for release... i.e games will always improve from those first outings.

I thought the demo was out today at 2pm?

The demo is out and I played it its pretty short though and the AI seems pretty easy even though I played it on the easiest difficulty settings my guess is that the drivatars are not fully implemented into the demo.

I will check it out at work tomorrow on the works XBO... see what it's all about :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:
Chris Hu said:
Madword said:
Jega said:

The Power of the Xbox One.

Devs are learning how to use the Xbox One more now and it shows.

It's not really the power... it's just the fact that coders do things better than when they are rushing games out for release... i.e games will always improve from those first outings.

I thought the demo was out today at 2pm?

The demo is out and I played it its pretty short though and the AI seems pretty easy even though I played it on the easiest difficulty settings my guess is that the drivatars are not fully implemented into the demo.

I will check it out at work tomorrow on the works XBO... see what it's all about :)

Its pretty short you can finnish it in about 20 minutes only has three races and one bucket list challances after that you can still play it for a couple more hours trying to find all the hidden signs.  For it being over 10GB I expected it to be a bit longer.

Chris Hu said:

Its pretty short you can finnish it in about 20 minutes only has three races and one bucket list challances after that you can still play it for a couple more hours trying to find all the hidden signs.  For it being over 10GB I expected it to be a bit longer.

I imagine the demo is large because content from the open world.

The Destiny beta was 12GB and final game was 18GB.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

piggychan said:

So tempted to pick up an xbone for this. It just looks fun and driving around openly in european vista instead of a fixed race track is refreshing.

It looks very nice although in some pics it looks like the cars are stuck on, doesn't feel like they are part of the scene.

Open world is hardly refreshing nowadays, pretty much all arcade racers have gone that route. Plus TDU2 let's you drive on Ibiza, ETS2 all the way from Scotland to Italy. At least it's not generic USA again.

Map size seems decent, not TDU size but looks bigger than NFS rivals.

SvennoJ said:

It looks very nice although in some pics it looks like the cars are stuck on, doesn't feel like they are part of the scene.

Open world is hardly refreshing nowadays, pretty much all arcade racers have gone that route. Plus TDU2 let's you drive on Ibiza, ETS2 all the way from Scotland to Italy. At least it's not generic USA again.

Map size seems decent, not TDU size but looks bigger than NFS rivals.

Thats a criticism that seems to be said for all Forza games.

My mind has been made up.  The fun factor wins this time just like Mario Kart 8 did for me on the Wii U.

Around the Network

Saw some of this at work today, looked very nice indeed.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Chris Hu said:
Danman27 said:
Chris Hu said:
Danman27 said:
It looks nice, but not amazing. That's my opinion on it, I'm also curious to see if it basically plays the game for you like forza 4 and 5.

It only plays the game for you if you put it on the easiest setting with all the assists turned on.  Also even on the easiest setting Forza 5 can be though depending on who is in your friends list and represents your drivatars.  Unless you play it in free mode where you get random drivatars that are a lot easier.

A game should NEVER play for you though. Even on higher difficulties, it told me the best way to race, it's kinda stupid. 

Even on the easiet difficulty with all the assists turned on you still have to STEER so NO the game DOESN'T play ITSELF.  Also you are aware that you can turn the driving lines off if not I think you need to explore the options of a game more before making ill informed comments.

Yes you have to steer. The game breaks for you though. Knowing when to break an accelerate is more than half the skill in a racing game. 

Danman27 said:
Chris Hu said:
Danman27 said:
Chris Hu said:
Danman27 said:
It looks nice, but not amazing. That's my opinion on it, I'm also curious to see if it basically plays the game for you like forza 4 and 5.

It only plays the game for you if you put it on the easiest setting with all the assists turned on.  Also even on the easiest setting Forza 5 can be though depending on who is in your friends list and represents your drivatars.  Unless you play it in free mode where you get random drivatars that are a lot easier.

A game should NEVER play for you though. Even on higher difficulties, it told me the best way to race, it's kinda stupid. 

Even on the easiet difficulty with all the assists turned on you still have to STEER so NO the game DOESN'T play ITSELF.  Also you are aware that you can turn the driving lines off if not I think you need to explore the options of a game more before making ill informed comments.

Yes you have to steer. The game breaks for you though. Knowing when to break an accelerate is more than half the skill in a racing game. 

The game only breaks for you if you put it on the easiest difficulty level with everything turned on you have to be a complete noob to play it that way.   I don't mind easy games but even for me having it on the easiest level with everything turned on is way too easy.

those across the atlantic from me are already playing the game and making their own pictures... I am a little sad I have to wait till the 3rd of october for UK release... but anyway their pics..

Its kinda dumb that the people in the UK have to wait until the 3rd to get it since the game was made by a developer that is based in the UK.  No word on what will be in the October car pack either I guess that one will come out next Tuesday.