By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 1 classics

So I'm gonna have a little gap and while I have ALTTP and such to fill in till Smash comes out I thought I'd catch up on some PS1 games since my PS3 can obviously handle them.  I like platformers and some of my favorite PS1 games are Spider-man 1 and 2, Crash 3 (played them all), Spyro 1 and 2 (played 3), Symphony of the Night, Army Men Air Attack, Looney Tunes Racing, Crash Team Racing, and MGS.  I've also played Gex, Rayman 1 and 2, Medieval, Resident Evil 1 and 3.  Any games like those or some good fun platformers (not anything crazy challenging) that I might enjoy?  I've heard the bugs Bunny, Toy Story 2, and Hercules games were somewhat fun so if anyone has a reference on those it would also be appreciated.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I thought the Hercules game was fun when I was a kid but I haven't played it in a long, long time and as a kid, it could've just been that I didn't know of anything better... But yeah, I thought it was fun back then, if it counts. Not sure if I can recommend any other games though, because I didn't really have that many.

Good PS1 platformers ? Ape Escape, Klonoa, Medievil, Oddworld, Skullmonkeys, Tombi series, Blasto (it's quite hard) and Croc 2.

For something quite underrated (not just platformers) for the PS1, here's a video about it, it has some good underrated games:

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Zkuq said:
I thought the Hercules game was fun when I was a kid but I haven't played it in a long, long time and as a kid, it could've just been that I didn't know of anything better... But yeah, I thought it was fun back then, if it counts. Not sure if I can recommend any other games though, because I didn't really have that many.

me too.... until i got stuck with the fucking centaur... and just use a magazine to skip that level.....

surprisingly... the easiest level after the first two is the final stage :P

MediEvil probably. And, you like platformers? Really, because I totally didn't expect platformmaster918 to like platformers

Around the Network

Tiny Tank

Go to the PSN Store and purchase Tomba! 2.
TRUST ME. Go buy

SirFortesque said:

Good PS1 platformers ? Ape Escape, Klonoa, Medievil, Oddworld, Skullmonkeys, Tombi series, Blasto (it's quite hard) and Croc 2.

For something quite underrated (not just platformers) for the PS1, here's a video about it, it has some good underrated games:

whoops guess I forgot a couple I HAVE played through Ape Escape, Medieval, and Tomba but I will try some of those!

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Gilgamesh said:

Tiny Tank

never heard of it thanks!

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

SirFortesque said:

Well.. the genius minds over at Sony have decided not to release Ape Escape on PSN as a classic. Why? The world may never know..

OT:

Lol @platform said "nothing too challenging" LMAO! 

..Fuck out of here with that lol. Get Rayman and Mega Man X4