By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 1 classics

enditall727 said:
SirFortesque said:

Good PS1 platformers ? Ape Escape, Klonoa, Medievil, Oddworld, Skullmonkeys, Tombi series, Blasto (it's quite hard) and Croc 2.

For something quite underrated (not just platformers) for the PS1, here's a video about it, it has some good underrated games:

Well.. the genius minds over at Sony have decided not to release Ape Escape on PSN as a classic. Why? The world may never know..

OT:

Lol @platform said "nothing too challenging" LMAO! 

..Fuck out of here with that lol. Get Rayman and Mega Man X4

oh yeah I also beat Rayman lol I forgot a lot in the OP

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
enditall727 said:
SirFortesque said:

Good PS1 platformers ? Ape Escape, Klonoa, Medievil, Oddworld, Skullmonkeys, Tombi series, Blasto (it's quite hard) and Croc 2.

For something quite underrated (not just platformers) for the PS1, here's a video about it, it has some good underrated games:

Well.. the genius minds over at Sony have decided not to release Ape Escape on PSN as a classic. Why? The world may never know..

OT:

oh yeah I also beat Rayman lol I forgot a lot in the OP

What? You beat Rayman? .. the original Rayman on PS1? You.. beat it?

Rayman had to be one of the most challenging platformers of that generation. You're telling me with a straight face that you beat this HARD game but right there in the OP, you're telling us not to name anything too challenging?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you like platformers, then I highly recomemnd Tomba and Klonoa! One of the best 2D platformers the PSX had to offer!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

enditall727 said:
SirFortesque said:

OT:

Ape Escape (just like european Spyro series and european Crash Bash) for some reason has some problems in compatibility with the PS3 emulator, probably because of the analog-only gameplay.

Anyway I'm still angry with them because they put the american version of Tombi and Alundra on PSN... probably is a Monkey Paw mistake, still is annoying if you was going to buy it because of nostalgia and you weren't able to select your language... also Tombi's different name and different intro isn't helping me in feeling better... yeah I know, it's the original name and the original intro, but the nostalgic doesn't care lol, expecially because "Tomba" in Italian means "Grave"

I just hope they're going to call him "Tombi" in the European release of... I don't know, the "spiritual successor of PlayStation All-Stars that may come out one day" (considering how much I love the first one and the genre in general, I seriously hope it's going to happen), if he's going to be Tomba even there, the nostalgic me is going to be pissed again. xD

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Try Tomba! And the original Rayman. They're both on PSN.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

I can Highly recommend Toy Story 2 for Playstation. It was one of my first games i have ever played and it really holds up well. each level has about five different ways to earn a "pizza planet token" which include time trials, item & coin collecting, a boss, and exploration. because everything isn't unlocked at first, you have to go back through each level and replay certain parts to advance in the game. this makes the game really dense and highly repayable. I would gladly recommend it.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Get Muppets Racing. It's one of the best MK rip offs of all time imo.

Mega Man X4 is my favorite game on the series. And it was just released on the PSN.

The Hercules game is amazing, fun and pleasant to play, you should try it.
Army men was really fun too, PS1 had 3 of them if I'm not wrong, have you played them all?
And all the Crash games too?
There is Rayman 1 and 2 too.
Worms is great too.

But only platformers? Try some RPG's too, PS1 have some amazing stuff.

I find Hercules to be kinda slow-paced. I played it on the PSP, and I swear there's a slight delay on the controls... I don't know...