By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 1 classics

Burning Typhoon said:

There is no forgetting that theme.  As a kid, I'd literally sit on that stage until I died from a time-out listening to it.  I'd also used to sit on the world select screen for well over 10 minutes.  Too bad the composer died.  Really liked World 4-1 & 4-2 in JF!2, too.

I saw the original in Gamestop... It was no doubt Funcoland in those days, and, it was just... Bigger than all the rest of the disc boxes...  And, I just liked the way it looked..  Then, I got the game and the music just locked me in...

Now-a-days, triple jumping isn't enough.  Being able to jump five times can get you some serious height.  Using the missiles from those dog cannons can get you even higher if you know how to jump on them without making them explode.

I have nearly all my genesis games too, and I also lost both Jumping Flash games.  The first one I know I left under the couch in my grandparents basement well over 15 years ago, and the second game, I couldn't tell you.  I remember one day the disc got chipped, so it had like a small U carved out of it.  Amazingly, it still worked without a single play issue as the disc itself, luckily didn't snap, crackle, or pop when it was chipped.  Obviously too, there was no information on that part of the disc.

But, it's all good.  Picked them both up on PSN years ago, and have had them on PS3, PSP and PSV.

IKR? I purposefully took my time on that level. The other tune I loved was the final boss theme from the first one. Too bad I was getting my ass kicked back then when I was facing him, but it sure pumped me up until I beat him. Then extra mode happened, which somehow I cleared (4-2 was a pain).

Listening to the sequel, I love the boss themes from it (2-3 is so catchy!). Makes me want to get up and get a PS3 so I can play it and the first game. XD

This will be bold, but I loved Jumping Flash more than Super Mario 64. The ability to jump three times was just so satisfying, as was landing on different platforms in a world. It also had FPS sections (2-2 and 4-2). Such an innovative game IMO.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
Burning Typhoon said:

There is no forgetting that theme.  As a kid, I'd literally sit on that stage until I died from a time-out listening to it.  I'd also used to sit on the world select screen for well over 10 minutes.  Too bad the composer died.  Really liked World 4-1 & 4-2 in JF!2, too.

I saw the original in Gamestop... It was no doubt Funcoland in those days, and, it was just... Bigger than all the rest of the disc boxes...  And, I just liked the way it looked..  Then, I got the game and the music just locked me in...

Now-a-days, triple jumping isn't enough.  Being able to jump five times can get you some serious height.  Using the missiles from those dog cannons can get you even higher if you know how to jump on them without making them explode.

I have nearly all my genesis games too, and I also lost both Jumping Flash games.  The first one I know I left under the couch in my grandparents basement well over 15 years ago, and the second game, I couldn't tell you.  I remember one day the disc got chipped, so it had like a small U carved out of it.  Amazingly, it still worked without a single play issue as the disc itself, luckily didn't snap, crackle, or pop when it was chipped.  Obviously too, there was no information on that part of the disc.

But, it's all good.  Picked them both up on PSN years ago, and have had them on PS3, PSP and PSV.

IKR? I purposefully took my time on that level. The other tune I loved was the final boss theme from the first one. Too bad I was getting my ass kicked back then when I was facing him, but it sure pumped me up until I beat him. Then extra mode happened, which somehow I cleared (4-2 was a pain).

Listening to the sequel, I love the boss themes from it (2-3 is so catchy!). Makes me want to get up and get a PS3 so I can play it and the first game. XD

This will be bold, but I loved Jumping Flash more than Super Mario 64. The ability to jump three times was just so satisfying, as was landing on different platforms in a world. It also had FPS sections (2-2 and 4-2). Such an innovative game IMO.

Well, it was the first 3D platformer.  Jumping flash 1 and 2 can be played on PSP and PSVita.  The only error with the emulation is the tips of robbits feet arent grayed out like the rest of the screen when you get a time stop power up.  Which... is only noticeable when you're actually looking at your feet and doesn't effect gameplay anyhow.

Jumping Flash 2, however, is better than the 1st.  It has a meter on the side of the screen to show you how high your current jump is.  It's useful because it helps you to jump from maximum height.  But you probably wont need it if you've been playing a while.

Jumping Flash 2 actually has a trophy system, believe it, or not.  Unlocking all trophies in the game will give you access to Super mode.  Allowing you to jump five times instead of three, and probably some other stuff too, but I can't remember what.  Last time I unlocked Super mode was on my PSP, and that thing broke back in 2010 and on PSP is where I played it most.

Can't go wrong picking it up, that's for sure.