Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Million Wii U min LTD before 2015 if Wii U continues to be up 69% YOY from its 2013 sales!

Hoorary for 10,000,000!

Hooray! 58 64.44%
 
No Hoorays. You're math is wrong! 17 18.89%
 
See results 10 11.11%
 
Kappa 5 5.56%
 
Total:90
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I like that number! 69% Mhmm! What a nice number!


oh you XD



Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

I can see it happening, which is good, because the Wii U deserves it. I am sick of people still thinking "Nintendo is going out of buisness and is becoming third party, guys"

It's like, how are people STILL saying that? lol



Soundwave said:

This is the GameCube's holiday 2003 (this was also its peak holiday):

November - 754k
December - 1.16 million

Assuming the 69% increase holds for Wii U

November - 334k (198k Nov 13)
December - 774k (460k Dec 13)

I would probably say this year though November might be a bit higher than that and December a little lower than 774k but the overall number (roughly 1 million in Wii U sales from Nov/Dec) is probably right.

Wait you only got 334k for November 2013 and 774k for December 2013?

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Monthly

November 2013: 473,257

December 2013: 1,155,836



Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I like that number! 69% Mhmm! What a nice number!



OT: 10 million WiiUs by the end of the year would be pretty nice!



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Doesn't matter because it looks like 2014 will be Wii U's peak year. Expect it to sell less in 2015 which will land it around 16-17 mil by the end of 2016 when the next system is launched.



Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Soundwave said:

This is the GameCube's holiday 2003 (this was also its peak holiday):

November - 754k
December - 1.16 million

Assuming the 69% increase holds for Wii U

November - 334k (198k Nov 13)
December - 774k (460k Dec 13)

I would probably say this year though November might be a bit higher than that and December a little lower than 774k but the overall number (roughly 1 million in Wii U sales from Nov/Dec) is probably right.

Wait you only got 334k for November 2013 and 774k for December 2013?

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Monthly

November 2013: 473,257

December 2013: 1,155,836


I should've specified in the post that I'm using NPD numbers (US market only). 

If I had to guess I'd saying 1 million Wii Us sold in Nov/Dec (North America), 650k for Europe, 450k for Japan in the same period. 

So just a shade over 2 million WW for the major three regions is what I'd guess. 



Would be funny if it did. Then we can dig up all the "X1 will pass Wii by end of 2014" threads :)



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGC is wrong with the Wii U numbers. Over by at least 110k in the US as of August 30 (so about 7,020,000 WW), then you have to factor in the clear possibility that Europe/ROTW is over tracked. The least amount it could be over tracked is 100k (a very optimistic number), so about 6,920,000 as of August 30. Then you have to factor in that the YOY increase would start to decrease, as few titles are spaced out and released, and it's already starting to drop in sales.

9,000,000 is going to be the max LTD in 2014.



Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Seeing this........I'm more confident it can do it!!!

>Bigger library
>Mega amounts of titles in Japan each month
>Amiibo will be huge
>Smash bros
>Smash bros bundle (?)
>Mk8 + 3D world bundle
>No 3D World bundle last time
>E3 showed lineup for 2015 - those who follow it (non casuals) may decide to buy one for a lot of those
>More to be added.



Welfare said:
VGC is wrong with the Wii U numbers. Over by at least 110k in the US as of August 30 (so about 7,020,000 WW), then you have to factor in the clear possibility that Europe/ROTW is over tracked. The least amount it could be over tracked is 100k (a very optimistic number), so about 6,920,000 as of August 30. Then you have to factor in that the YOY increase would start to decrease, as few titles are spaced out and released, and it's already starting to drop in sales.

9,000,000 is going to be the max LTD in 2014.


Let's make a bet! Winner gets 1 week control over sig simply saying the bet conditions and whoever was right and wrong.

I predict Wii U will sell closer to 10,000,000 than 9,000,000 WW LTD at the end of this year.