By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So is Destiny a critical failure?

Its funny that a half of a game like Titanfall gets mixed 8/10 reviews, yet a deep full of content game like Destiny gets mixed 6/10 reviews.

Gamer's these days are a funny bunch.

Around the Network

People don't care about reviews

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Bargain bin buy for me at best......... (if ever).

reviews would help longevity of the game. especially this is an MMO one. Bungie might put more content for free on the next DLC or so.

outlawauron said:
Smear-Gel said:
I am saddened that every person who isn't completely in love with Destiny is being called "just a hater"

Whenever the majority of people crapping on it haven't actually played it, there's not much designation to give those who hating on it.

Even if that's true (there really is no way of knowing that. I mean it did sell really well) calling everyone who dislikes the game  a "hater" is still silly. Everyone here hates the "people only bought ps4 because hype" argument. Why are statements based on assumptions and generalization okay in any situation?

Around the Network
binary solo said:
For me Destiny 75 Meta is actually great for the future of the franchise. The hype for Destiny means it has, and will sell a lot of games and thus make the franchise viable. But a 75 Meta puts Bungie on notice that they cannot rest on their laurels and if they want to hold on to that user base, and turn it into a fanbase they need to up their game and bring something new and deep. Build the world and its mythology much more comprehensively, develop characters with depth, create cohesive and engaging stories and bring new excitement to FPS gameplay.

concur.

I was upset at the critics scores at 1st mostly because most of them seem clueless. As soon as I hear them say its an MMO I realize they are just talking out of their asses.

I love the game, so much fun, and it seems the Raid is really challenging so the core gamers should be pleased.

But back to your point I am hoping that because of the scores Bungie adds even more content than they were planning and does a fix a few of the legit issues (why they could not have done more with the story baffles me).

I could see me playing this quite a bit. I see me getting other games beaten them (AC:Unity and Drive) then coming back to Destiny are taking advantage of new content.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I have no issues with Bungie trying something different in the genre, the game is a failed experiment but I see potential if they build upon fan recommendations.

sabastian said:
Its funny that a half of a game like Titanfall gets mixed 8/10 reviews, yet a deep full of content game like Destiny gets mixed 6/10 reviews.

That's because Titanfall executed what it was trying to be very well. I played a few games yesterday, its a blast.

Destiny on the otherhand fails at almost every turn.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
sabastian said:

That's because Titanfall executed what it was trying to be very well. I played a few games yesterday, its a blast.

the fps mechanic is okay(or a+ for consoles). the loot system is better as in early dia 3.  but its not a MMO.  they should have gone the guildwars route. it would fit perfect.

generic-user-1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

the fps mechanic is okay(or a+ for consoles). the loot system is better as in early dia 3.  but its not a MMO.  they should have gone the guildwars route. it would fit perfect.

Yeah, gunplay mechanics are great. That's one of few things it does right but a lot of games do that well.

I started playing Borderlands again and they should have went that route, even more so.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)