By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's talk about what members here are not talking in regards to Destiny

I have not played it but, I think it looks cool.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
fleischr said:
An average quality, pretty much online only FPS. I think I'll need to pass.

Wonder how the letdown from the massive hype will affect players pre ordering again someday

It's the "online only" that really kills it. Companies want to control their IP now and it's starting to go too far. I'm glad both attempts have failed.

torok said:
Well, from what we have heard the game did sell a lot and Activision is probably way more happy with sales than they would be with a high Metascore. And despite that, lower metas never stopped CoD Ghosts or BO2.

Game "sales" can't be gauged on launch figures. Those sales were based on hype. Titanfall sold great on launch, and look how that went down. Give it a few months before commeting on the quality of sales. If the game is good, it will sell. If it was over hyped and not worth it, the sales will nose dive.

Danman27 said:
The scores don't surprise me, but this game is doing a lot better than titanfall regardless. I think this might be related to people just being tired of reviews.

Destiny is doing better than  hundred of great games with developpers that went bankrupt because they were stupid to spend so much money in making a great game and not so much in creating hype...     While some people who worked on great games have to spend half their life working of their debt, Activision and Bungie swim in the money...

Why do people always say the Sony fans or Sony camp like they were the only people doing it or like all Sony fans were doing it? I am almost 99% positive that it was the same people doing it all the time and most can probably name those people so why generalize?

On Topic:

The scores are not a big deal to me nor are they a surprise seeing as I have had basically 0 interest in this game and have not really been following it at all.....and your quote should be it is not the killer game for ANY system not just playstation geez man it is like you have a bone to pick with playstation or something lol. Oh but from the people that have played the game and have been playing it I did hear it is a lot of fun though regardless of the reviews....and I am sure sales for this game will be MASSIVE

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
torok said:
Well, from what we have heard the game did sell a lot and Activision is probably way more happy with sales than they would be with a high Metascore. And despite that, lower metas never stopped CoD Ghosts or BO2.

Game "sales" can't be gauged on launch figures. Those sales were based on hype. Titanfall sold great on launch, and look how that went down. Give it a few months before commeting on the quality of sales. If the game is good, it will sell. If it was over hyped and not worth it, the sales will nose dive.

It will probably do 8 or 9M first week. It already did amazing numbers, even if it sells zero from the second week on.

It's a Bungie game, and Bungie makes technically sound shooters, the game might improve overtime. And if I'm getting Destiny, it'll be on Xbox 360 or Xbox One

I'll definitely be getting it, but certainly not at full price.

Danman27 said:

Maybe games shouldn't be reviewed day one. There is a lot about to be said about how you can't truly appreciate a game until you've played it for a while. And also, look at what people are saying. It's clear a lot of people are tired of reviews.

I'd agree with you, but in this case, Destiny reviews are done over the period of a few days to a week. They're reviewing it as if it's an MMO, which is the right call in this case.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Soonerman said:

So Destiny is out. I was one of the many people that played the beta and enjoyed it. I also, was one of those people that rushed to pre-order it and went with the Limited Edition. Now the game is out and early meta score are putting it on an a tad above average game. I don't want to start a flames war here, but one thing that did annoy me prior to the release of the game was how much the Sony camp people of this forum claimed full victory for Playstation and how much Titanfall failed. In sales numbers, sure, Titanfall did not do as amazing as Destiny.

I know we Sony fans were against Titanfall but that's because Titanfall was the 2nd coming of Jesus or something.  There was a ton of support and a lot of threads pro Titanfall on these forums, fans practically married to the game, as it was going to be the game that turns things around for XB1.

I haven't really seen Sony fans hype Destiny that much on these forums, probably because it's a multiplatform game.  We knew it would sell because of the preorders we've been seeing, but that's about it.  I'm not very attached to the success of this game, are you?

My 8th gen collection