By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's talk about what members here are not talking in regards to Destiny

I'd be glad if I stopped seeing so many new games having their focus centered around online multiplayer.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Great post.

I gave up defending TF on and and other sites because people kept on calling it ''average'' and lacking in content, something the reviews generally did not highlight as issues.

But now that a truly ''average'' and lacking in contest game is out, people are defending Destiny.

In regards to Titanfall 2, for sure so much more potential and if its multiplatform it will easily outsell Destiny.

mjk45 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
mjk45 said:

I wasn't making excuses just pointing out their reasoning and as to the world being barren of course what are the reviewers going to say  , played destiny now wait until next week we'll give you a more complete review might has well have based their review on the beta. it's what made my mind up.

But you and I both know they wouldn't use the beta to review a finished product. It wouldn't make sense.

THATS MY POINT   it makes has much sense as reviewing a game just full of reviewers for the sake of day one.

And this is why you're confused...

They wouldn't be reviewing the beta. They'd be reviewing the retail version of the game the day of its release when it _is_ populated. However, there was an embargo up until a week AFTER its retail release. Do you see the problem now?

QuintonMcLeod said:
mjk45 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
mjk45 said:

I wasn't making excuses just pointing out their reasoning and as to the world being barren of course what are the reviewers going to say  , played destiny now wait until next week we'll give you a more complete review might has well have based their review on the beta. it's what made my mind up.

But you and I both know they wouldn't use the beta to review a finished product. It wouldn't make sense.

THATS MY POINT   it makes has much sense as reviewing a game just full of reviewers for the sake of day one.

And this is why you're confused...

They wouldn't be reviewing the beta. They'd be reviewing the retail version of the game the day of its release when it _is_ populated. However, there was an embargo up until a week AFTER its retail release. Do you see the problem now?

I think you might be the confused one ,  they where  protesting about reviewing the game before day one so people can see those reviews and decided whether it'sworth buying  .it was not  about being allowed to review a game from day one  , the review copies where sent the week before the game released  but the servers  didn't come online till the monday so no first week embargo , when the  game released there where plenty of first week reviews.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

I think you might be the confused one ,  they where  protesting about reviewing the game before day one so people can see those reviews and decided whether it'sworth buying  .it was not  about being allowed to review a game from day one  , the review copies where sent the week before the game released  but the servers  didn't come online till the monday so no first week embargo , when the  game released there where plenty of first week reviews.

No. You're still confused.

I was never talking about day one reviews. I'm talking about the embargo that lasted well after the game is released.

Around the Network

How could a game that is also on the xbox's be the playstation killer game? I swear i never understand the meta game that goes around on these forums.

As for the games themselves, i think Destiny is a better game than Titanfall. It atempts to be more, fails, but it still delivers a sizeable game to enjoy. Titanfall is just the multiplayer section of a game sold at full price. Titanfall might be better at what it set out to do, but its not as ambitious.

QuintonMcLeod said:
mjk45 said:

I was never talking about day one reviews. I'm talking about the embargo that lasted well after the game is released.

No if you look back I came in where you talked opening up servers early and where is this first week embargo  look at the end of my last post.

QuintonMcLeod said:
mjk45 said:

No if you look back I came in where you talked about opening up servers early .

and has to this  first week embargo ,  look at the end of my last post.
I don't disagree with your point of view I think it is valid , I was just putting out  what bungie said , because even though i agree with you in principle , you have to look at the other sides view point in case they have an acceptable reason.

mjk45 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
mjk45 said:

No if you look back I came in where you talked opening up servers early and where is this first week embargo  look at the end of my last post.

Because they'd have more time to review the game. It only takes a few hours to determine if you like a game or not. That is my point. However, the embargo lasted longer than it should. Why are you defending Activision? Do you like it when these companies rip you off and take your money?

Soonerman said:

So Destiny is out. I was one of the many people that played the beta and enjoyed it. I also, was one of those people that rushed to pre-order it and went with the Limited Edition. Now the game is out and early meta score are putting it on an a tad above average game. I don't want to start a flames war here, but one thing that did annoy me prior to the release of the game was how much the Sony camp people of this forum claimed full victory for Playstation and how much Titanfall failed. In sales numbers, sure, Titanfall did not do as amazing as Destiny. But the one thing I am seeing is that Titanfall is in fact as good as Destiny just based on what is available to us from the current version of it. You can argue all you want that Destiny will have more content as the time goes. But also, that content means you're paying premium for it which negates any negative smack people said about Titanfall.

So, in the end, I think people did buy too much into the hype of Destiny because it had a great company behind it. But it definitely is not the killer game for Playstation. Those that haven't purchased Destiny will probably start seeing reviews or hearing word of mouth regarding it. I know I talked to one of my friends today while walking at work and how the game hasn't really sold me as much as I was hoping while playing the beta. If I were to guess right now, people will not buy the DLC in masses as much as Activision hopes once the full reviews come out and assuming it stays at it's current levels. In fact, I think I have more hope of Titanfall having a huge success with its sequel than Destiny would with it's expansions. What do you think?

Peace out!

Hum. It is a multiplatform game... Why would it be a killer app for the Playstation?

And for the question, I believe Destiny will do fine and I expect more from Destiny 2 (more than the expansions) than Titanfall 2.
The foundation is here now they need to build on it.