By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny 75 on metacritic: its a gorgeous game but brings nothing new

It's getting blown the hell out by critics right now. I still picked it up and have no idea why.

Marketing does wonders.

Around the Network

From what I saw, as a mmo, imo it looks like a complete souless bore. But I have'nt played it so my opinion does'nt weight for much.

I think atleast we can now all laugh at all these ''Did Destiny already won GotY?'' articles that we got in the past few weeks.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Im suprise with that score! it's seems the money goes to advertise 'is not just a game'' but is good time to see everyone how fake developers is the Bungie. And i not waiting the reviews to see how this games is fail. Its was out from my purchase list after the beta. Is unbelievable how repetitive is. And the graphics is nothing special but im not expect more the developers who previous gen they make games without be a HD
The joke is Titafall has biger score well... whatever the money goes....

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Mr Puggsly said:
The Fury said:
So?

Is Call of Duty anything new? Or a great game each year that sells bucket loads. Guess which publishers/developers want.

Next Tekken/Steet Fighter are they going to get criticism for being pretty much the same games they've always been with prettier graphics?

The problem with isn't its lack of innovation even if people keep saying that. The problem is the game is kinda boring and tedious.

If you want an excuse to shoot waves of enemies with friends, Destiny good for that. But that isn't enough to make this a noteworthy game.

CoD:Ghosts didn't score much better by the way. But that game actually had a pretty enjoyable campaign and story.

This. It seems people are finding whatever excuse they can to account for poor impressions. The game is just... not that good. The problem isn't that the game isn't wildly innovative. The problem is the elements it lifts from other games are not only done so in a flawed manner, but Bungie actually does try to make them different and the design choices have backfired.

It fails as a story driven shooter. The story is extremely weak, the voice acting is practically amatuer. The design of the campaign and missions are too MMO-ey to be a story driven shooter.

But it also fails as an MMO. There is no exploration, there are too many loading screens and menus to do even the simplest of tasks. Worst of all there is no way to really communicate with the other players. Compounding this problem, the actual meat of the game that we are supposed to be the most excited about, has no matchmaking.

It fails as a competitive MP shooter. At least out of the box. The modes and maps we are given are unbalanced and just plain not fun to play imho.

It fails as a loot game. The loot itself is not exciting. The drops are uninspired, even the look of them. Oh shit an orb! Awesome. The guns and armor and shit all looks the same.

These are some of the games problems. Now, if they copied other games with these elements but presented them in a GOOD way and did them right, no one would care. The issue is the game does nothing new all its own, AND the stuff inspired by other games is pulled off rather weak here.

I have been reading that a lot of key Bungie people left when they left MS? Went to 343 and other places? Is this true? Might explain why the game is so ho hum.