By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

Zanten said:
CGI-Quality said:
Zanten said:

Huh, kinda sucks for everyone, then. o.o Always figured that the Xbox One was doing 'pretty decent' and the PS4 'really good,' with the bulk of the Xbox One looking to do poorly being its comparison to the PS4, but I guess this means that the PS4's doing 'pretty decent' and the Xbox One 'pretty badly' if hitting 10 million by that point isn't anything very special.

The problem with that link is the lack of relevance to this point (the first August of PS2 versus the first August of PS4). Sure, we can now assume the PS2 hit 30 million 2 years in, but what about the first 9 months? Had it crossed 10 million? I mean, of course, it if hadn't, that means the thing really took off after, but the proper context is missing here.

Aye, like I told the other fella, I was being a bit of a tease with that. xD If I can get a 'The Xbox One Is Doing Badly' out of him, I'll be pretty happy. But comparing two different time periods really is a bit pointless, under the circumstances; the products, and the markets they were selling to, were very different, so I think that even trying to measure 'success' using a console two generations ago as a measuring stick- one that released before so many titles became multiplatform- isn't really going to lead anywhere. If the PS4 DOES hit that number somehow, great. But not keeping up with it shouldn't be considered a failure, if it's still kicking the competition's ass up and down the street.

Exactly....he is just trying to downplay ps4 cause console war BS.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
Wii U sub-60k? Well, that's just...sad.

So much for "not overtracked"...

Looks like you'll have to backtrack your other post ... 

TheWPCTraveler said:
Wii U sub-60k? Well, that's just...sad.

So much for "not overtracked"...

So not far from 2x YoY with zero new software.

KLAMarine said:
I don't understand why people focus so much on sales numbers when profitability matters more.

Because if we did that then the Wii was the undisputable king last gen and no one wants to admit that :D

MANUELF said:

So the WiiU is near 60k that is not too bad

Eh, it's pretty bad...

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
I don't understand why people focus so much on sales numbers when profitability matters more.

Well, while the PS3 did lose loads of money for Sony, the Xbox division, counting the original Xbox and Xbox 360, has yet to turn Microsoft a net profit, soooo... I guess nobody gets that crown? ...except maybe Nintendo. xD All that can be said to the benefit of the Xbox division was 'Hey, we only lost about 3 billion dollars in ten years! Sony lost 5 in those ten years! WE LOSE LESS! VICTORY!' I don't know about how profitable the Playstation division was during the PS1 and PS2 era, though, so in terms of 'Lifetime To Date Profit,' Sony might actually come out on top.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

KLAMarine said:

Cause this is a...sales site?  Just maybe?  And it just so happens that the one selling the most currently is also profiting the most from video game sales. 

MANUELF said:
KLAMarine said:

Because if we did that then the Wii was the undisputable king last gen and no one wants to admit that :D

Let me help you..... wii king of home consoles last generation and ds king of handhelds with a combined total of 250,000,000 consoles sold ..the most dominate generation of all time 

noname2200 said:
MANUELF said:

So the WiiU is near 60k that is not too bad

Eh, it's pretty bad...

Considering is the lowest it will be until January is not!!!!

I want to be positive leave me alone 

Did I miss the fun? Anyone has the list of software sales numbers yet?