By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

Soundwave said:
ethomaz said:

Soundwave said:

LOL, stick to that belief if you want, but if you actually look at the factors behind the launches, PS2 is pulling ahead in North America beating the PS4 soundly for several months in a row and absolutely trouncing its Japanese numbers.

The PS4 is just hiding behind the fact that it had a less staggered launch, so its total to date looks more impressive than it actually is. It's definitely not selling like the PS2, it's horrible in Japan and faltering in North America.

190k for a first August for a market leader is nothing to write home about, it's quite weak.

Even so it is still way behind PS4... it will time a good time to PS2 catch PS4... it will happen but not this year.

PS2 was at 30 million by May 2002 ... 

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/14/technology/14GAME.html

Fat chance the PS4 can keep pace there. Unless they sell 20 million between now and next May. 

2 years and 2 months, great post LMAO.....Ps4 will easily be at 30 by then.

Around the Network

I am mentioning Aquamarine for "190k" because...

Seems like WiiU is between 39 and 60K. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 50K for the month. Pretty horrible.

NewGuy said:
Seems like WiiU is between 39 and 60K. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 50K for the month. Pretty horrible.

Nintendo fans and there insane predicitons are in for a shock, wii-u wont hit game cube sales.

ethomaz said:
ToX2 ~ 43K
SF4 < 22K (PS3+360)
D3: 4-39%, 1~28, 360~19%, 3~14%
15: 4~35%, 1~26%, 360~23%, 3~16%

Ouch :(

Around the Network
NewGuy said:

Poor Wii U :( MK can only do so much

Soundwave said:

LOL, stick to that belief if you want, but if you actually look at the factors behind the launches, PS2 is pulling ahead in North America beating the PS4 soundly for several months in a row and absolutely trouncing its Japanese numbers. 

The PS4 is just hiding behind the fact that it had a less staggered launch, so its total to date looks more impressive than it actually is. It's definitely not selling like the PS2, it's horrible in Japan and faltering in North America. 

190k for a first August for a market leader is nothing to write home about, it's quite weak. 

I'm pretty sure if I dig around I can find more specific numbers but PS2 was at 30 million+ by May 2002:

So I'd say it's safe to say they were at 10+ million by August 2001. 

Huh, kinda sucks for everyone, then. o.o Always figured that the Xbox One was doing 'pretty decent' and the PS4 'really good,' with the bulk of the Xbox One looking to do poorly being its comparison to the PS4, but I guess this means that the PS4's doing 'pretty decent' and the Xbox One 'pretty badly' if hitting 10 million by that point isn't anything very special.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

AshKetchum1992 said:
NewGuy said:

Also ouch :( MK can only do so much

Its been two months, three now. No other software releases either, this isn't unexpected. Just sad.

Zanten said:
Soundwave said:

I'm pretty sure if I dig around I can find more specific numbers but PS2 was at 30 million+ by May 2002:

So I'd say it's safe to say they were at 10+ million by August 2001. 

Huh, kinda sucks for everyone, then. o.o Always figured that the Xbox One was doing 'pretty decent' and the PS4 'really good,' with the bulk of the Xbox One looking to do poorly being its comparison to the PS4, but I guess this means that the PS4's doing 'pretty decent' and the Xbox One 'pretty badly' if hitting 10 million by that point isn't anything very special.

Soundwave does not know what he is talking about.......................

Vena said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
NewGuy said:

Also ouch :( MK can only do so much

Its been two months, three now. No other software releases either, this isn't unexpected. Just sad.

Many nintendo fans were predicting Nintendo outselling x1 this holiday ROFL. So not expected for some.