By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Xbox One Sell a million in China This Year??

I do not think so. I think X1 will do bad in China. We will see.

Around the Network

I am extremely skeptical of the 100k figure that's been floating around here... would love for it to be true though.

I love optimism, but the answer is no...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

As a Chinese, I must post in this tread. To the OP, my answer is "HELL NO".

1. Don't look at those pre-order because those pre-order doesn't need to pay in advance (not even for partial the price). So many pre-orders will not become true sales;

2. More than 80% of Chinese TV gamers are sided at Sony. Playstation is far more popular brand in China than Xbox. Reason: grew up with PS1/PS2, Japanese games (especially RPG, Gundam games, AVG games, Super Robot war games, warriors games. Most of these games will be not on Xbox One.);

3. Official China Xbox One is restricted (cannot play games like GTA because banned by the government) and its price is much higher than Xbox One in grey market which are imported from HongKong, Taiwan, etc.

4. TV gamers is quite minor in China comparing to PC gamers.

Overall, Xbox One might be sold about 200K till the end of this year, but not more than that.

toastboy44562 said:

Preorders are about 100k after two weeks. That's 50k a week. There are two more weeks to go so I assume Xbox One should be able to do 200k week 1.

If word spreads around, more games release, and price gets cheaper, XBOX One should be able to do 1 million by the end of the year!

Then again, Xbox One has no competition

What? Where does that figure come from? Apparently there are only 16K preorders for the largest retailer in the country. Yeah no it won't do anywhere close to 100K, not even this year.

Around the Network

can you make a reasonable prediction this year?

So that 100k number came from a preorder tracking site? Like a Chinese VGC? Yeah I'll wait until we get some numbers straight from MS. If it has a great launch over there I'm sure they'll have a press release.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

How about no.

Turkish said:
toastboy44562 said:

Preorders are about 100k after two weeks. That's 50k a week. There are two more weeks to go so I assume Xbox One should be able to do 200k week 1.

If word spreads around, more games release, and price gets cheaper, XBOX One should be able to do 1 million by the end of the year!

Then again, Xbox One has no competition

What? Where does that figure come from? Apparently there are only 16K preorders for the largest retailer in the country. Yeah no it won't do anywhere close to 100K, not even this year.

its 16k for one reatiler

and its by far not the largest one

mymuro said:

I remember MS store have biggest pre-order number,around 40k

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer