By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Xbox One Sell a million in China This Year??

I will say no, only because, while I think consoles will have a spot in China, I think the market has to grow and wont quite be there this year.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I could be wrong, but for some reason I don't see china being huge for the console market, especially current gen.

Touma said:
kinisking said:
Touma said:
hudsoniscool said:
Touma said:

Of course not, and 100K preorders are just rumors a member of a Chinese forum. I don't know the market but I doubt they make +150K for the first week.

If by Chinese forum u mean retailers website stating how many pre-orders they have then yes you are correct.

Only 1 retailer has officialy mentioned these preorders and they were of ~16,000, preorders other retailers are just rumors.

Other retailers listed it on their site. 

Wrong , it's someone who posted it on Baidu (Chinese forum) and yes I can read Mandarin.

Then you clearly know nothing about China cause 百度 is a search engine but 百度贴吧 is a forum platform.

BTW, next time you should say you can read 简体中文 or speak 普通话.

Namiirei said:
100k preorder is only a rumor.

Lije the rumor who keep saying that the xbox one was a huge success in japan because it was on top on preorder on amazon.jp for one day.

We all know how that turned out...

Also, 16k preorders from one retailer isn't a lot. I talked to an Irish gamer and he said that the same thing happened in Ireland. 16k preorders from one retailer. And.... yeah, we all know how it turned out there. Ireland is much smaller than China, too!

Namiirei said:

Lije the rumor who keep saying that the xbox one was a huge success in japan because it was on top on preorder on amazon.jp for one day.

Yep, or the rumour x1's were flying off shelves after the kinectless....sold the same as 499 kinect before the may drop.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
iamdamessiah said:
Landguy said:
sounds possible. I don't know if in the Chinese culture they have the end holiday period that drives sales or not. If not, then it will be difficult.

It sound spossible if you live in fairy land.china won't be much of a market

2 billion people there. If 10% of the population have acess to enough money to have a gaming habit, it will mean a 200 million people market. Even in Brazil we have a 37% of the population in the middle class with a buying power in averages of 30.000 dollars a year.

If 10% of their middle class get into gaming, this would mean a 20 million consoles market, probably one of the five largest markets.

Remember, China is lending money to USA in volumes no smaller than 200 billion, that means a lot of of money to spare there. 

When the pop decides to expend a little of this volume in their own lifes, it will be a gigantic game changer.

China has 1.3 billion, not 2 billion.  700 million people is way off.  More than two US populations off.  And India has 1.2 billion.  Are they going to buy millions of Xbox Ones.  I'm sure you're going to comment about China's economy, blah blah blah, but my point is numbers mean nothing.  China has been lending money to the U.S. for years.  That hasn't changed the console market one bit.  

China has never had an effect on console sales.  Any of them. Ever.  Why should I assume that they will now?

toastboy44562 said:

Preorders are about 100k after two weeks. That's 50k a week. There are two more weeks to go so I assume Xbox One should be able to do 200k week 1.

If word spreads around, more games release, and price gets cheaper, XBOX One should be able to do 1 million by the end of the year!

Then again, Xbox One has no competition

No.  Yesterday you proposed that the Xbox One would sell 1 million in one month but the date you submitted was fundamentally flawed. 

Today you said "Preorders are about 100k after two weeks. That's 50k a week."

You totally ignored the fact that preorders have been available since July.  A FACT that is easily verifiable in about a few moments.

This is either:

1. A Joke.

2. A attempt to play the community for a fool as you pass off incorrect information to build up suspense for a situation that does not exist.

3. You don't do any research whatsoever and hope that the people responding don't do any either.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-now-available-for-preorder-in-china/1100-6421367/

http://betanews.com/2014/07/28/xbox-one-now-available-for-pre-order-in-china/

http://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-one-preorders-launch-in-china/

Preorders have been available for over 5 weeks.

Namiirei said:

Yea, I kept hearing that number thrown around as fact.  I just now see it was a rumor from a forum.  I'm sure it'll turn out just like the people saying the One would be a surprise success in Japan because of its ranking on Amazon.  I'm guessing 250K max for this year in China.

rakugakist said:
WagnerPaiva said:
iamdamessiah said:
Landguy said:
sounds possible. I don't know if in the Chinese culture they have the end holiday period that drives sales or not. If not, then it will be difficult.

It sound spossible if you live in fairy land.china won't be much of a market

2 billion people there. If 10% of the population have acess to enough money to have a gaming habit, it will mean a 200 million people market. Even in Brazil we have a 37% of the population in the middle class with a buying power in averages of 30.000 dollars a year.

If 10% of their middle class get into gaming, this would mean a 20 million consoles market, probably one of the five largest markets.

Remember, China is lending money to USA in volumes no smaller than 200 billion, that means a lot of of money to spare there. 

When the pop decides to expend a little of this volume in their own lifes, it will be a gigantic game changer.

China has 1.3 billion, not 2 billion.  700 million people is way off.  More than two US populations off.  And India has 1.2 billion.  Are they going to buy millions of Xbox Ones.  I'm sure you're going to comment about China's economy, blah blah blah, but my point is numbers mean nothing.  China has been lending money to the U.S. for years.  That hasn't changed the console market one bit.  

China has never had an effect on console sales.  Any of them. Ever.  Why should I assume that they will now?

Console games were banned from the country in the early 2000s, but the ban was lifted in 2013. The Xbox One will NOT be only console launched there. I expect all three (PS4 and WiiU) consoles to sell at least 1 million till the end of 2015 in China.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

CosmicSex said:

Preorders have been available for over 5 weeks.

6 weeks actually. And as Thismeintiel said, the 100k preorders is a rumor that is, for some reason, being thrown around as fact. We can conclude that weekly preorders are low and the X1 won't make as huge of a splash some people are anticipating.