By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Japanese Launch Week: 23k Sold

prinz_valium said:
AZWification said:

Nigeria? Pakistan? I'm surprised you didn't say Bangladesh!

i have to admit

i realy thought about it :D

Of course! Ethiopia and Vietnam are certainly countries that could help a lot, too!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

So it's the worst selling console launch of all time in Japan? Probably why Batman, The Crew and Destiny were pulled from it. I expect China to be a similiar result in the end.

Well, it's about what I expected before the news of no lines and no charting came out. After the news came out, I was expecting under 9k. So by comparison, this is pretty good. Still no more than I expected. It's gonna give a huge boost to the WW sales for this week. People said all the extra countries would do nothing for XBO, but if Japan alone did 23k, just imagine what all those countries together will do!? XBO might top PS4 at least one week this month. Perhaps the China release week.

Blood_Tears said:
So it's the worst selling console launch of all time in Japan? Probably why Batman, The Crew and Destiny were pulled from it. I expect China to be a similiar result in the end.

virtual boy?

okay thats not a "console"

china cant be that bad.

its already 16k preorders form just one reatiler 2 weeks before launch...

Zanten said:
.....that seems painfully low, BUT! I am uncertain what to compare it to. o.o Remind me, how many days has the Xbox One been out in Japan? Has it been a full week yet? Any chance of PS4 and Wii U numbers in the same period of time?

It has been 4 days ,x360 did nearly 3 time more in just 2 days

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
Well, it's about what I expected before the news of no lines and no charting came out. After the news came out, I was expecting under 9k. So by comparison, this is pretty good. Still no more than I expected. It's gonna give a huge boost to the WW sales for this week. People said all the extra countries would do nothing for XBO, but if Japan alone did 23k, just imagine what all those countries together will do!? XBO might top PS4 at least one week this month. Perhaps the China release week.

People dont say the week launch will do nothing, they say it will do almost nothing about the vaseline, exception maybe +10k at the best

And there ils no way X1 top PS4 the destiny month

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

People dont say the week launch will do nothing, they say it will do almost nothing about the vaseline, exception maybe +10k at the best

And there ils no way X1 top PS4 the destiny month

Ah right, that's true. PS4 isn't just going to sit there and let Xbox pass it when it has a quasi-exclusive (true exclusive in Japan) to help it soar. Yeah nevermind, it'll be a slaughter.

Ka-pi96 said:
TheEighthByte said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's actually alright

What planet are you living on?

One where Xbox has and always will be expected to do badly in Japan.

It couldn't even outsell the 3DS. I don't know why you this is "good".

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

:( RIP XBONE JAPAN

bananaking21 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Great job, MS. I expected the Japanese to only buy 38 of the consoles.

yeah, lets blame the japanese for this failure. 

Calm down, friend. No one is blaming the Japanese for anything. Are Scottish gamers going to be buying the console in Japan? Are some Mexicans making a trip to Japan to buy an Xbox One? I think it's probably 23k Japanese who bought them. Correct me if I am wrong.