By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Japanese Launch Week: 23k Sold

Aerys said:
Or...If MS doesnt give a shit about Japan, why Japan should give a shit about their console ?

Because that would put the responsibity on Microsoft to sell the product instead of the gamers to accept whatever they are handed. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:
wow

if Japan doesnt give a shit about xbox, why does ms give a shit about Japan?

they should release in Nigeria or Pakistan instead and get better sales...

Or, maybe Microsoft should have release games that the Japanese consumers actually wanted.  Sony made a similar error but has more brand reconition and track record in Japan.  Don't blame the gamers because they don't want that sorry lineup.  Blame the platform holder.  

It like you selling something that people don't want... and they blaming them for not buying it.  

Wow.  The arrogance is real. 

why should i not blame both? its never just the fault of one side?

thats what i said. just dont sell it in that case.

and this figures are not about games. the games are decent for a western console. they are decent like the ps4 launch setup.

but this time the xbox one sold half than x360.

home console gaming in declining

xbox brand as weak as it never was in japan

i dont see any benefit for them.

its just 1 point "they cant abdone the second/third biggest console gaming market"

i would do it

I said 20-3-K so it's right in my range, unless Kinect+TF makes it 36K, which is a very good launch, being more than half of 360's launch.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

prinz_valium said:
wow

That's gotta be a joke. If you had said India, I would have agreed, but not Nigeria or Pakistan, no way.

prinz_valium said:
CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:
wow

Or, maybe Microsoft should have release games that the Japanese consumers actually wanted.  Sony made a similar error but has more brand reconition and track record in Japan.  Don't blame the gamers because they don't want that sorry lineup.  Blame the platform holder.  

It like you selling something that people don't want... and they blaming them for not buying it.  

Wow.  The arrogance is real. 

why should i not blame both? its never just the fault of one side?

thats what i said. just dont sell it in that case.

and this figures are not about games. the games are decent for a western console. they are decent like the ps4 launch setup.

but this time the xbox one sold half than x360.

home console gaming in declining

xbox brand as weak as it never was in japan

i dont see any benefit for them.

its just 1 point "they cant abdone the second/third biggest console gaming market"

i would do it

Wrong, X360 sold better because it had big games coming. But they gave up pretty quickly, and japanese remember that.

X1 has nothing for a japanese. And as an américan outsider and after the bad 360 support , they had a lot to prove

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Means nothing, 360 opened half as well as the original and sold 3x as much lifetime.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Less abysmal than I expected. 23k is not that bad considering the shipping of 40k consoles.

prinz_valium said:
CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:

Its Microsoft's fault for not providing the content.  The point is that if you are going to bother in a region where your brand isn't doing well, the responsibility is on you to get the support for your product.  Its not a two sided argument.   It was a poor plan, they had only 5 exclusives that didn't appeal to the audience; it was sloppy and half assed and the results (worst console launch in recorded history) is the proper conclusion.   You are right, they shouldn't have bothered, but not because of the Japanese.  Because they shouldn't have bothered if they didn't care enough to provide content.     No one should "give a shit" about Microsoft if they don't provide what you want.  Thats insane.  Companies - Sony included - should have to work for sales.  

Michael-5 said:

Means nothing, 360 opened half as well as the original and sold 3x as much lifetime.

Yes, because it had big games, whereas the One, with no big japanese exclusive will at the best reach 300k lifetime.

Let's see if they can money hat a big japanese game, but they dont seem to care about Japan so...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Michael-5 said:

u sure?

xb1 had the best launch in xbox history but is in big trouble right now.

and will proably never ever sell nearly the same like 360

imho that logic doenst apply this time

i dont see xb1 reach 1m lifetime sales in japan

not without a killer exclusive game like shenmue 3

period