By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Exec Explains Why They Don’t Post Xbox One NPD Numbers Often, Defends Lack of New IPs

vivster said:
How often did they post last gen?

Every month I believe. At least every month the 360 was leading, which was almost always starting...2010 I think?

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
vivster said:

Every month I believe. At least every month the 360 was leading, which was almost always starting...2010 I think?

So also in the summer months?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

MS quoted 360 numbers and/or marketshare every freaking month last gen

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Translation: "The X1 isn't doing well."

There's nothing more to say beyond that.

Well, he can't really tell the truth so it's understandable. At least he's better at the PR thing than Yusuf Mehdi.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
vivster said:
DerNebel said:
vivster said:

So also in the summer months?

Yeah.

sully1311 said:
bananaking21 said:
because they are losing, sometimes very badly. thats why.

why did sony not post numbers last gen? yup

Exactly, he just should not have said anything. It's quite embarassing to use that as an excuse when they were doing it EVERYTIME when they were winning with the 360.

Every single time, one minute after NPD, Major Nelson would announce xth consecutive victory. Every single time, even during the very slow summer months. 

I wonder what has changed? They did a few months of damage control and downplaying, now they stopped completely. I wonder if September is still considered a slow summer month over there in Redmond?

Burek said:
sully1311 said:
bananaking21 said:

Exactly, he just should not have said anything. It's quite embarassing to use that as an excuse when they were doing it EVERYTIME when they were winning with the 360.

Every single time, one minute after NPD, Major Nelson would announce xth consecutive victory. Every single time, even during the very slow summer months. 

I wonder what has changed? They did a few months of damage control and downplaying, now they stopped completely. I wonder if September is still considered a slow summer month over there in Redmond?

"He acknowledges that his team is building its momentum against a Sony that currently is rolling forward. "They beat us in June. They beat us in May," Spencer says. "These months are small if you look at the sales. I think the whole month of June is about one week in November. They're winning, and they'll do their PR around it, and that makes sense. The battle is really September, October, November, and December."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/12/i-want-to-win-this-generation-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

September is important for them, from the boss' mouth. 

DerNebel said:

Yeah.

But that would mean that a Microsoft executive is being hypocritical.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

bananaking21 said:
sully1311 said:
bananaking21 said:

there is also a big chance they might lose in the holidays too, and if they do and dont say any numbers, well, you know this will be brought up. gamers on forums simply dont forget, i bet some people already tramed marked this and plan on bringing it up again 3 months from now. 

You're right about gamers "not forgetting." However, I've been using gaming message boards since 1999 and in all my time doing it, one thing is certain. They will always conveninently choose NOT to talk about things that work against them in an argument. 

For instance. If they don't "forget", why are Sony gamers walking around with victory flags drawn when last gen, Xbox 360 was killing PS3 in sales before getting overtaken in weekly, monthly and then finally, overall sales? You'd think they'd temper themselves a little bit. Hell, even the SNES was losing until year three so it's happened more than once in this industry.