By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could We Be Seeing New Consoles in 2015?

New Consoles from both Microsoft and Nintendo in 2015?

Yes 23 5.88%

No 353 90.28%

Maybe 15 3.84%

Total:391

You think there is a "release new console button" at MS or nintendo?

Around the Network

Nope. 2016 would be the earliest we could see a next gen console.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Absolutely yes in 2016

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Console market needs generation-long stability MORE than HW power. A generation too short can't recoup the investments and it can build neither a large user base nor a wide game library.
Loss of platform stability in time, lower profitability both for HW and SW, all to have HW that still can be beaten by mid-range PCs within a year, games more expensive and with lower profit margin, due to royalties to platform owner and to less time available to master programming on a platform, consoles would become sitting ducks and PCs, mobiles and possibly other platforms would wipe them away forever.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

no, we probably won't see a Nintendo console - which will be the earliest - until 2017.

Around the Network

Planning, designing, manufacturing and releasing a consoles takes way too long for this to be possible. Nintendo could cut the gen short and release a successor in late 2016, but that's the earliest I can see it happening.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

My prediction:

Holiday 2015 - Slim Wii U with no Gamepad (bundled with Zelda).

However, I consider this a hardware refresh, and not a new console.

Slim PS4 and XBOne in 2017. There may also be some internal redesigns in 2016 to use cheaper hardware and a corresponding price cut, but probably nothing major. New consoles from Sony / MS will probably come 2019 / 2020.

Haha nope, the big 3 have already made their beds and will just have to wait for another 5-6yrs before releasing another console.

In that time MS and Nintendo can still deliver. Doesn't mean only 1 can dominate.

No chance. 2017 at the earliest

EdHieron said:
I just don't see Nintendo and Microsoft after the successes of their 7th gen consoles wanting to stand idily by and take a 100 Million to 30 Million beating for the next five to seven years with their current hardware.

They did that in the past, why should they react in panic now?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]