By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153
Vena said:

Zekkyou said:

I think it scored too high personally :p

Galaxy literally made me buy a Wii before the PS3. As a huge MGS fan who was eagerly awaiting MGS4, that was a big fucking deal

By comparison 3D World felt somewhat lackluster. It's still fantastic in its own right (or at least my 3-ish hours with it were), but not to the extent i bought a console purely to be able to play it in my own time.

I think MK8 is considerably better. I'd reverse it and 3D World's scores ^^;

Play the damn game! Filthy non-commited casual. :P Yes, the Galaxy series was just fan-fucking-tastic and are definitely above and beyond 3D World, but 3D World is definitely up there in the same high quality class.

I also think MK8 is too low rated but I have no idea how metacritic's critics rate racers... <.>

I would finish it, but i don't own a WiiU yet! Those 3 hours with 3D World failed to sell it to me, sadly.

I'll be pre-ordering the ZeldaU bundle when it's inevitably revealed though. At that point there will be enough titles for me to feel happy purchasing it based on its library rather than a single mind blowing title. Until then i shall have to continue my days as a filthy non-committed casual :p

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:

Just talking exclusives, Wii U is murdering X1 and PS4 so far on metas over 75, especially if we take out remasters/remaker:

Wii U exclusive Meta's > 75:
93: Super Mario 3d World
88: Mario Kart 8
87: Pikmin 3
84: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
84: New Super Mario Bros U
80: LEGO City Undercover
80: Pushmo World
78: The Wonderful 101
77: ZombiU
77: Nintendo Land
77: New Super Luigi U

PS4 exclusive Meta's > 75:
84: Resogun
80: Infamous Second Son

Xbox One exclusive Meta's > 75
79: Forza 5
78: Dead Rising 3

Yet some gamers and gaming media still have the nerve to single out the Wii U as lacking games! LMFAO, ELEVEN entirely exclusives (not ports/remasters) with good to great reviews for Wii U vs 2 for each PS4 and X1 (0 over 85 for PS4/X1). Even if we add in the big PS4/X1 sellers that aren't exclusive like Titanfall, Watch Dogs, and Destiny the Wii U still easily wins. Not to mention look at the great variety of games in those eleven Wii U ones (platformers, real time strategy, racing, horror, action, open world, puzzle). The Wii U hate is absolutely unfounded at this point.

No one is complaining about the Wii U's exclusives, or at least very few are. They are complaining about the lack of multiplatform.

The 7th gen pictures are somewhat misleading because there are dozens of amazing games that were released for the ps3/360 but not the wii. And the same thing will happen this gen with the Wii U.

Sadly Metacritic no longer has a best rated Wii games section. But looking at gamerankings.com we can see the following.

The 360 had 42 games with a 90+ score.
The ps3 had 36 games with a 90+ score.
The Wii had 11 games with a 90+ score.

The same thing will happen with the Wii U.

Personally I am fine with no multiplatforms on the Wii U since I play my multiplatform games on the PC.

PC/WiiU is the perfect combo for me, but for those who don't have a gaming PC, the PS4 and XB1 will likely end up having a much bigger library of good games even if their exclusives aren't as impressive.

Zekkyou said:

I would finish it, but i don't own a WiiU yet! Those 3 hours with 3D World failed to sell it to me, sadly.

I'll be pre-ordering the ZeldaU bundle when it's inevitably revealed though. At that point there will be enough titles for me to feel happy purchasing it based on its library rather than a single mind blowing title. Until then i shall have to continue my days as a filthy non-committed casual :p

Such a filty non-committed casual. Its the only non-Galaxy game where you can play as Rosalina! What's wrong with you!?

Ignore this post. Somehow managed to post the entire first post as a comment ¬¬

Very nice thread and a good idea! Kudos to topicstarter!

Around the Network
enrageorange said:

No one is complaining about the Wii U's exclusives, or at least very few are. They are complaining about the lack of multiplatform.

The 7th gen pictures are somewhat misleading because there are dozens of amazing games that were released for the ps3/360 but not the wii. And the same thing will happen this gen with the Wii U.

Sadly Metacritic no longer has a best rated Wii games section. But looking at gamerankings.com we can see the following.

The 360 had 42 games with a 90+ score.
The ps3 had 36 games with a 90+ score.
The Wii had 11 games with a 90+ score.

The same thing will happen with the Wii U.

Personally I am fine with no multiplatforms on the Wii U since I play my multiplatform games on the PC.

PC/WiiU is the perfect combo for me, but for those who don't have a gaming PC, the PS4 and XB1 will likely end up having a much bigger library of good games even if their exclusives aren't as impressive.

It does, it's just hidden behind an extra tab. Hover over the "Games" icon at the top of metacritic and select 'Legacy' at the bottom of the list that drops down. The Wii (along with many others) have their top score lists preserved there.

Also, since you mentioned it, i'm working on adding a PS+Xbox multi-plat list ^^ I won't be including it in the main posts, but i'll leave a link to it under the graphs for those curious about the impact of 3rd party support.

QUAKECore89 said:
Zekkyou said:

GTA did 97 and 98. Exclusive wise you're right though, SMG1+2 are as good as it gets. I wonder if we will see any titles (exclusive or not) hit a 97 this gen. Reviewers seems a lot more critical recently, so it will take something particularly special.

And thanks, i'm glad people seem to like it ^^

Oh that reminds me of GTA 4, how did this game get uber critical meta score almost world best game ever? Myself, i find this game was disappointed back in 2008 before i sold my PS3. Because there were annoying friends call & dead city.

Yeah, i used to hype(PSYCHED) on this game. x-D

Not everyone will agree of course, but a big piece of praise it got frequently was that the game world felt alive. No other open world title up until then had felt quite so believable.

If it were to come out today (with updated visuals etc), i'd expect a 92 or so. It was still a great game, but without that novel feeling of life it's not at all as good as its predecessor. If the world failed to suck you in it's not surprising you found it disappointing.

Update (23/09/2014):

- Added a bonus graph link under the 8th gen graph. Includes PS4/X1 only titles as a separate line.
- Removed Fitness Evolved 2013 (WiiU) from 8th gen graph due to increase of minimum required reviews from 8 to 12.
- Forza 5 score edited on 8th gen graph to 79 from 80. Meta ninja's a new 6/10 review that caused the drop.
- Removed Sports Champions (PS3) from both true and console exclusive graphs. Requires PSMove to Play.

The 
aforementioned graph (a link to it can be found under the top graph in the 8th gen section):

Poll results (ended 23/09/2014):

Who will have the most critically acclaimed library this gen?

I've also added a new poll, now that the old one has ended. FH2's reviews should start coming in on September 25th at 12:01am PDT. Guess away ^^

One other thing before i forget; assuming it gets a 75+ score, i'll be adding FH2 to the list a week or so after reviews start coming in. If the score changes at all after that, i'll update it along with standard fixes and tweaks.

I'll also be keeping an eye on Hyrule Warriors. It's currently at 74, so a few positive reviews could put it within the current list limits.

Mid 80s for FH2 I think. Looks like it's shaping up nicely and the demo impressions were good