By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153
adriane23 said:
I hate Metacritic, but you put a lot of effort in this. And I really like charts. Tagged.

Thanks :) There are a lot of things i dislike about metacritic (the way many people use it for one), but i figured it would be fun to track it ^^ It has its perks.

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
No games can beat Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.. What a double king of 7th gen.

I say, Nintendo should remaster Super Mario Galaxy HD collection for the Wii U.

P.S: Great thread, dude.

GTA did 97 and 98. Exclusive wise you're right though, SMG1+2 are as good as it gets. I wonder if we will see any titles (exclusive or not) hit a 97 this gen. Reviewers seems a lot more critical recently, so it will take something particularly special.

And thanks, i'm glad people seem to like it ^^

Zekkyou said:
QUAKECore89 said:
No games can beat Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.. What a double king of 7th gen.

I say, Nintendo should remaster Super Mario Galaxy HD collection for the Wii U.

P.S: Great thread, dude.

GTA did 97 and 98. Exclusive wise you're right though, SMG1+2 are as good as it gets. I wonder if we will see any titles (exclusive or not) hit a 97 this gen. Reviewers seems a lot more critical recently, so it will take something particularly special.

Oh that reminds me of GTA 4, how did this game get uber critical meta score almost world best game ever? Myself, i find this game was disappointed back in 2008 before i sold my PS3. Because there were annoying friends call & dead city.

Yeah, i used to hype(PSYCHED) on this game. x-D

Just talking exclusives, Wii U is murdering X1 and PS4 so far on metas over 75, especially if we take out remasters/remaker:

Wii U exclusive Meta's > 75:
93: Super Mario 3d World
88: Mario Kart 8
87: Pikmin 3
84: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
84: New Super Mario Bros U
80: LEGO City Undercover
80: Pushmo World
78: The Wonderful 101
77: ZombiU
77: Nintendo Land
77: New Super Luigi U

PS4 exclusive Meta's > 75:
84: Resogun
80: Infamous Second Son

Xbox One exclusive Meta's > 75
79: Forza 5
78: Dead Rising 3

Yet some gamers and gaming media still have the nerve to single out the Wii U as lacking games! LMFAO, ELEVEN entirely exclusives (not ports/remasters) with good to great reviews for Wii U vs 2 for each PS4 and X1 (0 over 85 for PS4/X1). Even if we add in the big PS4/X1 sellers that aren't exclusive like Titanfall, Watch Dogs, and Destiny the Wii U still easily wins. Not to mention look at the great variety of games in those eleven Wii U ones (platformers, real time strategy, racing, horror, action, open world, puzzle). The Wii U hate is absolutely unfounded at this point.

Zekkyou said:

I still don't know why 3DWorld didn't rank higher than it did. The game is phenomenal like the Galaxy series.

(I feel bad for DKTF... "too hard 1/10".)

Around the Network
Vena said:
Zekkyou said:

I still don't know why 3DWorld didn't rank higher than it did. The game is phenomenal like the Galaxy series.

3D World was at a 95 or 96 for quite some time I think before the dumb duo of Quarter to Three and Game Critic 6/10 reviews really dropped the score. I believe all the other reviews are over 8.5, almost all at least 90.

HyrulianScrolls said:

Just talking exclusives, Wii U is murdering X1 and PS4 so far on metas over 75, especially if we take out remasters/remaker:

Wii U exclusive Meta's > 75:
93: Super Mario 3d World
88: Mario Kart 8
87: Pikmin 3
84: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
84: New Super Mario Bros U
80: LEGO City Undercover
80: Pushmo World
78: The Wonderful 101
77: ZombiU
77: Nintendo Land
77: New Super Luigi U

PS4 exclusive Meta's > 75:
84: Resogun
80: Infamous Second Son

Xbox One exclusive Meta's > 75
79: Forza 5
78: Dead Rising 3

Yet some gamers and gaming media still have the nerve to single out the Wii U as lacking games! LMFAO, ELEVEN entirely exclusives (not ports/remasters) with good to great reviews for Wii U vs 2 for each PS4 and X1 (0 over 85 for PS4/X1). Even if we add in the big PS4/X1 sellers that aren't exclusive like Titanfall, Watch Dogs, and Destiny the Wii U still easily wins. Not to mention look at the great variety of games in those eleven Wii U ones (platformers, real time strategy, racing, horror, action, open world, puzzle). The Wii U hate is absolutely unfounded at this point.

Well yeah, the WiiU having a strong advantage is sort of to be expected. It did launch back in November 2012 ^^; I do believe the WiiU will maintain its lead for at least a while, but a better comparison would be the WiiU now vs the PS4 and X1 in a years time.

That said, the WiiU does lack games. There is no deny the quality of its exclusives, but its 3rd party support is a special kind of awful. That's fine for anyone who can afford multiple consoles or a PC, but for those that can't the WiiU is a rather unattractive proposition.

To put things into context the WiiU (in its 2nd year) has 11 major retail titles coming from now until the end of the year. 11. In the holiday season. Yep. The PS4 is still in its 1st year yet has 26. I'd personally considering the WiiU's line up better, but it's understandable why people may be disappointed by the overall lack of variety vs the PS4 or X1 (thanks to quantity, regardless of quality). 

It also doesn't help that if you don't enjoy Nintendo games then there isn't all that much to do on the WiiU. That adds to the issue i mentioned above.

The PS4 and X1 likewise receive a lot of shit for their lack of exclusive titles. Just like with the WiiU, the hate makes perfect sense right now. You may personally be satisfied, but that doesn't mean many won't be.

Vena said:
Zekkyou said:

I think it scored too high personally :p

Galaxy literally made me buy a Wii before the PS3. As a huge MGS fan who was eagerly awaiting MGS4, that was a big fucking deal

By comparison 3D World felt somewhat lackluster. It's still fantastic in its own right (or at least my 3-ish hours with it were), but not to the extent i bought a console purely to be able to play it in my own time.

I think MK8 is considerably better. I'd reverse it and 3D World's scores ^^;

Zekkyou said:

I think it scored too high personally :p

Galaxy literally made me buy a Wii before the PS3. As a huge MGS fan who was eagerly awaiting MGS4, that was a big fucking deal

By comparison 3D World felt somewhat lackluster. It's still fantastic in its own right (or at least my 3-ish hours with it were), but not to the extent i bought a console purely to be able to play it in my own time.

I think MK8 is considerably better. I'd reverse it and 3D World's scores ^^;

Play the damn game! Filthy non-commited casual. :P Yes, the Galaxy series was just fan-fucking-tastic and are definitely above and beyond 3D World, but 3D World is definitely up there in the same high quality class.

I also think MK8 is too low rated but I have no idea how metacritic's critics rate racers... <.>

Nintendo really need a Galaxy 3

Pocky Lover Boy!