By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

So im going to make next game a somewhat crazy one. Everyone is going to have some kind of role. I promise there will be no vanilla.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
So im going to make next game a somewhat crazy one. Everyone is going to have some kind of role. I promise there will be no vanilla.

Smash?

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
theprof00 said:

Smash?

Yeah, smash brothers theme.

theprof00 said:

Weeeeeell this should be fun.

Can I have an auto sign-up, please?

Just post here really quickly:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=190959&page=1#

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of pity parties so I will be the villain and beat theprof00 up.

His scan could catch the Ghost whether it had used its Cloak or not so he actually had 3 nights of scanning and a lynch that was all his own to work with. Even the 4th scan, which honestly didn't matter, was off the mark.

Wright also survived a lot in part to theprof00 defending him as another cop. It still boggles my mind that padib all but confessed to being a third party and, not only was he not lynched, the "cop" who scanned him and gave him an "all clear" result got a pass. Day 3 really should have been the end of Wright.

On the flip side, the things to take away from this are: setup speculation is bad and when someone says someone else is the SK, you scan one and lynch the other.

padib said:

WoW, can you please explain the last sentence. Who would be who in this game, and why would those actions (scan and lynch) result in better chances for town?

After Wright shot you with the EMP Round, you absolutely knew who used that power on you and what it did.  Carl2291 follows it up with flavor supporting that it would be the Ghost's weapon.  At that point you apply Occam's Razor to say Wright is the Ghost.  You should have fought for that--specifically the "lynch him, scan you" outcome.  He was dead to wRights at that moment.

Unfortunately, you had some credibility problems which just meant that you would have had to fight a little harder for it but then you wavered.  The moment you moved away from "Wright is the Ghost" you lost credibility and momentum.  It's a bit like fishing, once you cut the line that fish is gone.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I'm not a fan of pity parties so I will be the villain and beat theprof00 up.

His scan could catch the Ghost whether it had used its Cloak or not so he actually had 3 nights of scanning and a lynch that was all his own to work with. Even the 4th scan, which honestly didn't matter, was off the mark.

Wright also survived a lot in part to theprof00 defending him as another cop. It still boggles my mind that padib all but confessed to being a third party and, not only was he not lynched, the "cop" who scanned him and gave him an "all clear" result got a pass. Day 3 really should have been the end of Wright.

On the flip side, the things to take away from this are: setup speculation is bad and when someone says someone else is the SK, you scan one and lynch the other.

If I had slapped wright on the final night, would it have mattered?

Maybe not, but I see now that if both teams had attacked wright it would be over. I get it now.

theprof00 said:

If I had slapped wright on the final night, would it have mattered?

Maybe not, but I see now that if both teams had attacked wright it would be over. I get it now.

Only Padib attacked me last night, but he would have successfully killed me if you had slapped me.

Eh, if i play scummy whether i'm town or not, that's the same amount of uncertainty

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.