By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

Does it really matter what the specs are if the system cannot make better looking games then the original xbox. We have seen the difference from the PS2 to the PS3, 4k poly model cars in GT4 to 200K poly cars in GT5, going from 6cars on screen to 16 during online play. Where are the ingame numbers for the GC to the wii, we have seen pics of xbox games to wii games and they look the same.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Does it really matter what the specs are if the system cannot make better looking games then the original xbox. We have seen the difference from the PS2 to the PS3, 4k poly model cars in GT4 to 200K poly cars in GT5, going from 6cars on screen to 16 during online play. Where are the ingame numbers for the GC to the wii, we have seen pics of xbox games to wii games and they look the same.

Because, you know, graphics are the only thing that matters in games.

Didn't we discuss this already? About a 1000 times? And didn't you get banned for trolling already? About a 1000 times? Get the f*ck out!

Griffin said:

You won't find them because ninty won't release them and will sue any dev wo does.

Chrizum said:
Griffin said:

Because, you know, graphics are the only thing that matters in games.

Didn't we discuss this already? About a 1000 times? And didn't you get banned for trolling already? About a 1000 times? Get the f*ck out!

This thread is talking about the game DMC4 being put on the wii so i think graphics do matter, and i never said graphics are the only thing that matters.

I don't think we ever disscussed this around here, and i have never been banned for trolling so why don't you get the fuck out.

RolStoppable said:
Griffin said:

Race Driver 2 on PS2 had already 20 (or 22?) cars in races, all with damage models. Your GT example is only proving how much the Gran Turismo series lacked, because other racing simulations had already much more to offer.

Also, how can you say that pics of Xbox games and Wii games look the same? Last time I checked there were no Mario games on the Microsoft console.  

The only closest thing to platformer that xbox has is conker

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Griffin said:

Race Driver 2 on PS2 had already 20 (or 22?) cars in races, all with damage models. Your GT example is only proving how much the Gran Turismo series lacked, because other racing simulations had already much more to offer.

Also, how can you say that pics of Xbox games and Wii games look the same? Last time I checked there were no Mario games on the Microsoft console.

TOCA 2 also looked worse then GT4 it also had 35cars to the 700 cars of GT4.  TOCA also had less tracks then GT4, GT4 supported 480P and 1080i, i doubt TOCA 2 supported that.  The damage model in racing sims is not needed aswell, if you plan on winning you won't be crashing and you will never see the damage anyways, this is a racing game not lets smash ours cars at full speed into a wall and see what happens.

RolStoppable said:
Griffin said:
RolStoppable said:
Griffin said:

TOCA 2 also looked worse then GT4 it also had 35cars to the 700 cars of GT4. TOCA also had less tracks then GT4, GT4 supported 480P and 1080i, i doubt TOCA 2 supported that. The damage model in racing sims is not needed aswell, if you plan on winning you won't be crashing and you will never see the damage anyways, this is a racing game not lets smash ours cars at full speed into a wall and see what happens.

TOCA 2 may have had much less cars, but offered more variety in racing like Rallye, F1 and Truck races. The damage model is important, especially if you are racing versus 20 other vehicles. You have to pass your opponents carefully because rough contacts will reduce the performance of your car or in the worst case your car won't be able to continue the race anymore.

That's actually the point of a racing sim, isn't it? That flawless driving is rewarded and reckless actions are punished.

Thats where you get everything wrong Rol, the point of a racing sim is to have the name GranTurismo

But i'm pretty sure the GT series has rally races, there have also been trucks and F1 style cars in Gt games.  I also doubt many GT players would turn on car damage, imagine taking a turn a little rough after racing for two hours and your car goes off and hits the wall.  I'm not sure about you but something would be getting broken.  This is why most people would turn it off during the big races and only turn it on to smash into other cars or hit walls.

Plus GT never had the licenses to smash cars, they had been given all the rights to use the cars for free while other developers need to pay, thats why they smashed them up.

ok the wii has better effects at 480p tops those effects look way better then the original GC.

Still if the leap between GC graphics to wii graphics same resolution different effects! better programming! is say 3 times more powerful! the cpu is said to 1.5 times more powerful then the GC!

there should be better image quality!

the 360 cost $550.00 at launch to make! they have a deal to get the Ati GPU at less then cost so ati was losing money on the chip out of the box!

Ati or amd if you will has a licensing agreement with the 360 or MS to make aprox. $10.00 per game sold! thats one reason the the games went from $50 to $60 ea.

so now they make thier money back on the graphics chip!

The Wii cost about $200 to make at launch with Ati selling the chip at a profit to Nintendo with no licensing agreement on the games!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-autopsy-discovers-manufacturing-cost-221736.php

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=52214

http://www.techshout.com/gaming/2005/25/xbox-360-incurrs-thrice-the-cost-for-making-than-what-it-sells-for/

So in short ya the could probably port the game to run like crap kinda like running crysis on a high end pc to a low end pc

say one running a 8800 gtx to a 5950 superclock ! something like that

or in crysis sense more like 2 8800 gtx against a 7600gt with on getting a 6600 duo core and the other a 3500 athlon cpu! apples and oranges yes both can play the game what does it look like afterwards!

The question being asked by the OP is kinda dumb because lets face it, any game can be done on any console, the real question to be asked is, would the said game be the same as it was originally intended or would it change and end up being something completely different.

just my 2 cents

Daddo Splat said:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-autopsy-discovers-manufacturing-cost-221736.php

Wow, I don't trust the Inquirer at all, but that does seem interesting (yeah, first time I see it by component). That's sure an expensive GPU for a reduced and overclocked Flipper.

And I agree Daddo, it would (hypothetically) need to be scaled for optimal performance on the Wii.