By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could DMC4 be done on the Wii?

^Actually, you listed the Xbox effective data rata which is 400Mhz. Yeah, I've always said that almost every spec out there is 'assumed', but remember that 'some' people tend to forget that and take everything as fact :|

Around the Network

Geez this thread's gotten long. :p
I'd say Wii can do Halo 3. And Uncharted. Maybe even Crysis.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Lol, I didn't realize the Xbox RAM was that slow. *checked source* Feel like a moron for missing that now.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

fazz said:
^Actually, you listed the Xbox effective data rata which is 400Mhz. Yeah, I've always said that almost every spec out there is 'assumed', but remember that 'some' people tend to forget that and take everything as fact :|

Strange.. I have been inspecting your posts, it seems you think the wii is powerful enough to run both DMC4, and resident evil 5, and also state that people should not say anything about the wii's power, since they know nothing about it. Though when its talk about crysis on the ps3, you immediatly state that it cant even run on medium settings without having FR dips. I should have posted this on the other thread, but I would tell you that you know nothing about the ps3's power to speculate what setting crysis could run on the console.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
fazz said:

Strange.. I have been inspecting your posts, it seems you think the wii is powerful enough to run both DMC4, and resident evil 5, and also state that people should not say anything about the wii's power, since they know nothing about it. Though when its talk about crysis on the ps3, you immediatly state that it cant even run on medium settings without having FR dips. I should have posted this on the other thread, but I would tell you that you know nothing about the ps3's power to speculate what setting crysis could run on the console.

No, because pretty much every spec of the PS3 is out there, confirmed by Sony, IBM and nVidia and we know how demanding Crysis is on the PC. We know that the PS3 has less than 500 MB of RAM total to use on the game. We know that Crysis, even on medium, needs around 2048 MB of RAM on system plus at least 256 MB of video RAM. And a GPU like the one in the PS3 (RSX/GeForce 7800) is known to not being able to run Crysis that fast, even with faster memory bandwidth than PS3. In the case of DMC4, we don't know how demanding the game is on the PS3/360. Also, it's not even one of the best looking PS3/360 games out there, while Crysis is the best looking game ever. Plus, the architecture of the Wii is barely known at best.

Also, can you quote me where I said DMC4 or RE5 could be ported flawlessly to the Wii? I'm sure I said it on the RE5 thread, and probably on this one too: "480p, 30fps, less texture detail and less model detail". That pretty much sounds like what I said about Crysis on the PS3/360.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
Kryos, depends on a few things but if you were to draw a line with last gen at one and this gen at the other with increments of 10 between them, Wii would probably fall in the 4-5 range.

Based on what I know about the Wii and based on the games I've seen for the Wii (MP3 and Super Mario Galaxy mainly), I'm going to say it's more of a 3, maybe less.

One thing to mention is the resolution these consoles are pushing.  The Wii pushes anamorphic widescreen at 480p.  It outputs most likely at 640x480.  PS3 and XBox360 games push 1280x720 (yes, I know that some games don't go that high), which is 3 times the number of pixels.  GT5 Prologue is 1280x1080 which is 4.5 times as many pixels as the Wii pushes.  All while looking phenomenal.  Then there's Gears of War/UT3 with their intense shader use.  If you've ever played Gears of War, you probably noticed some texture loading issues where the game starts before all the textures have been loaded.  The game isn't that high poly.  What makes it look insanely good is the use of shaders, shaders the Wii GPU hardware most likely lacks.  The differences between the system's graphics are less noticeable when setting the output to 480p on the XBox360/PS3, but there is still a clear difference.

Anyways, this isn't a bash towards the Wii.  I just think some of you have unrealistically high expectations of what to expect from the Wii hardware, and are overestimating what it's capable of.

Cheebee said:

Yeah right, it can handle those kinda graphics. So you're saying wii is on par with PS3 or even more powerful. People who buyed wii don't really care about graphics. So why we see those treads of what could be done on the wii. I rather have some innovative games than some port from another console.

polishforlife said:
Cheebee said:

Yeah right, it can handle those kinda graphics. So you're saying wii is on par with PS3 or even more powerful. People who buyed wii don't really care about graphics. So why we see those treads of what could be done on the wii. I rather have some innovative games than some port from another console.

Lmao you know cheebee was joking right

polishforlife said:
Cheebee said:

Opps double post

"Wii would probably fall in the 4-5 range."

And here I would disagree if the range is not logarithmic or something. In my totally unscientific opinion the Wii is at best 2times as powerful as the GC and perhaps 1.5 times the XBOX. The 360 and PS3 on the other hand would be more like ten times as powerful. At least the CPU is for the PS3 theoretically even more. But I would think 10times is fair. They have 10 times as much memory. The clockspeed of a single core is 6 times that of PS2/GC and they have 3 or 7 cores.

So on a scale of 1-10, 10 being PS3, 360 and one being the Gamecube, the Wii is at best at a 2. Look at the games. But I think we can both agree that this is just guesswork on your side and on mine.