By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't Israel heavily sanctioned? (Double Standards!)

Richard_Feynman said:

1) More people die of flu each year than the total amount of palestinians killed by Israel.

2) If Israel wanted all the Palestinians dead then they'd have been dead a long time ago.

3.1) Western countries are allowing millions of refugees from Islamic countries into their borders. This includes substantial wellfare privileges. Taking England as an example, the entire country's economy and social structure is unravelling (in part) due to this.

3.2) Israel is (completely) surrounded by Islamic countries, yet these countries are not affording the Palestinians the same help that non-Islamic countries are. Clearly the Islamic states are operating at a lower level of humanitarianism than they could be.

4) There have been wars and disputes over land since the dawn of time. Why should the only small slither of land that is Jewish be given to people who have; the largest number of non-secular countries in the world, clear violation of human rights as part of their religion and the fastest growing religion in the world? If anything, the laws of nature allow a people to defend their own bloodline and land. Israelis are superior in every economical, social and intellectual aspect to every other social/genetic group on the planet. You may scoff at this, but a little research will astound anyone who is ignorant of this matter.

5) Persecution of Jews is a hallmark of humanity's history. At times it may have been warranted (to some extent), but clearly the other human population groups still harbour this disposition. Is it because of an inferiority complex? Are people ashamed that Jews are so much better at almost everything than their own genetic groups? Why not just take the position that Israel can keep that small piece of land that they've turned into an economic, technological and agricultural marvel in a few short decades?

6) Where is all this sympathy toward Muslims coming from? I don't understand. Muslims butchered India (oh the stories I could tell). They nearly conquered Europe a few centuries ago. Northern Africa is completely Islamic. It is a fundamental part of Islamic doctrine that the world should unite under Islam - by any means, including force, necessary. I've read the Koran and I am well aware of how many powerful Muslims are regularly preaching the doctrine that echoes the same ethos as this famous quote:

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades. "

Perhaps you should ask yourself if you would like to live in an Islamic world. If you do, then ok - move along. If you don't, then perhaps you'll sympathize more with Israel.

If anything, the advanced society and culture exhibited by the Israelis should incite more admiration than the history of Islam in this world. This is a religious war - deal with it.

And people should really start noticing what's happening in the US. Unbelievable how ignorant you people are about Obama.

Maybe when Britain falls then people will take things seriously. At least some people are:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCJ4KEsWkhzvvxftRf0FYw

Worst thing of all is that one cannot speak along these lines without being labled a racist and Islamophobe. Very ironic that the very culture who gave birth to liberty, free-speach and multiculturalism is being strangled by its own ideals due to (in the words of Winston Churchill) savages taking advantage of this weakness.

1) irrelevant. I do not like violence, but this I will say. More Palestinians men, women, and children die from Israeli attacks than Palestinian attacks on Israel. This you cannot deny.

2)

A well-known Israeli politician and parliament member said "Mothers of all Palestinians must be killed" http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/07/17/mothers-of-all-palestinians-must-be-killed-israeli-mp/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mothers-of-all-palestinians-must-be-killed-israeli-mp

Seems to me like they do want them dead...

3.1) So you dismiss their falling economic status due to other reasons before they started helping refugees..

3.2) Do you know where and what Gaza looks like on the world map? Do you want them to abandon their homes/land and make a swim for it in the mediterranean sea?

4) In case you didn't know, Israel was given to Jews in 1948.

5) I guess you didn't know this.. Even though Israel comprises just .001 percent of the world's population, and about the size of New Jersey, Israel receives approximately 10% of America's foreign aid budget every year. That is like 3 Billion dollars every year to a nation with a population of 7.8 million or fewer.

If they're so superior in every economical, social, and intellectual way then why the US government sending billions of hard earned American tax dollars to a small nation almost the size of NJ.

6) You seem way out of it. Let me put things in perspective for you. Christians came to America and butchered the Native Indians, and stole their lands. So many Indian tribes been wiped out for their land. Don't let me get started on the crusades..

Honestly I would be much happier if my tax dollars was being used here in the US. I'm tired of these useless spendings and the US should not get involved.

There is so many wrongs in your post.. I'm just gonna stop.. Go ahead and reply to this if you want but I wont reply.. It makes no sense, and I feel like I'm being trolled.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
McGilliguts said:
Why can't the palestinians just move on, like every other conquered people in history. Terrorism and hatred is their petulant response to their own failure and incompetence.

Because we've gotten to a point in history where somebody more than the winners have human rights.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

deskpro2k3 said:

There is so many wrongs in your post.. I'm just gonna stop.. Go ahead and reply to this if you want but I wont reply.. It makes no sense, and I feel like I'm being trolled.

The feeling is entirely mutual.

"Israel receives approximately 10% of America's foreign aid budget every year. That is like 3 Billion dollars every year to a nation with a population of 7.8 million or fewer."

The only middle eastern country that shares America's values (and one of the only in the world) and the leader in science and technology per capita by far. Maybe that's why.

Don't care if you don't respond - really, but I'm saying my say anyway.

Well done on ignoring the exact same statements by the multitude of Islamic leaders - really bravo. If I was surrounded by a set of nations that wanted everyone I've ever known to be exterminated then I'd sure as hell want to defend myself - violently if need be.

And well done in being oblivious to how the Palestinians use their own woman and children as human shields. Their own actions are the direct cause of those innocents dying, because, you know, "We love death more than you love life". So really, if people believe that dying is better for them then maybe they should graciously be afforded that end.

Their very culture and society is despicable to me (and I would argue objectively so). Let them kill their own children for wanting to not be Muslim (institutionalized in Muslim countries you know) and let them keep their woman as animals if they want. They can do that in Arab countries and that's fine (really it is), but the very essence of that culture is against Western ideals. And if people want to abondon the great advances that the West has brought to humanity then that's also their choice. I, on the other hand, yearn for a Western culture that is bold and brilliant - the one that gave us Mathematics, Physics, engineering, classical music, and almost all of the technology we have today.

The native Americans were slaughtered yes. But just the other day 1 million people in Rwanda were slaughtered by Africans and that doesn't matter? Humans have waged war since time immemorial, but the closest semblance of peace there has been is Western civilization. Give credit where it's due.

Western culture gets so abused for slavery as well, but people don't know this (because they're ignorant):

- Arabs were trading slaves almost a THOUSAND years before the Europeans.

- An estimated 200 MILLION African slaves were traded by Arabs.

- These people were castrized immediately. That's why there are no Africans in Arab countries.

- Arabs had (way) more white slaves than whites had black slaves

- These Westerners that bought slaves bought them from Africans who were waging war amongst themselves.

- Who was it again who opposed slavery? Oh yes, Western society put that to an end.

Not saying the Western man is some type of angel - there were many bad things done by people of all colours and creeds - but a little perspective goes a long way.

You want to dismantle this culture that stands for liberty and growth? Be my guest. Open US borders, raise the minimum wage and pay wellfare to all those "poor people" who are so oppressed. But I can tell you one thing for damn sure, if I was an Israeli then I'd sure as hell defend my people and my land till my last breath.

Richard_Feynman said:
Barozi said:
Because of history.

and that's a terrible reason, since it basically gives them the right to do almost anything without consequences.

Obviously some people in this thread are only thinking about the latest conflict from what I gather and not what has been going on there for decades.

It's not very clear at all what you are saying?

I'm actually curious to know what people think.

Too lazy to say everything, since it's been said time and time again in multiple threads.

Because of history (everyone treated Jews badly, especially under Nazi Germany) there's no Western power that could afford to say no to anything the Israeli government does. They've sworn to defend Israel due to what happened in the thousand of years before.

Israel has been increasing its borders every since it was founded, so to claim that they aren't guilty in this decade-long conflict is simply wrong.

They have (due to Western help) one of the best equipped military in the world. There's a multitude of ways to react to the rocket attacks from the Hamas.
a) do nothing at all and instead of spending money into other military projects, build more rocket defense systems (which are working quite well) and let the Hamas waste their multi-million valued bunch of rockets.
b) don't bomb back. Send military troops or spec ops teams. After all they knew where those rocket hiding spots and tunnels were.
c) actually do something to prevent giving the Palestinians a reason to vote for Hamas

What people seem to forget is that the Israeli government is quite radical and conservative themselves. They don't know any other way than to solve every crisis with war.

morenoingrato said:

Okay. I'll keep it simple.

Russia has received lots of sanctions for illegal border activity and violence. UN, USA, EU, NATO are all acting rapidly against their "threat", which hasn't even materialized yet.

Israel has stolen land and killed thousands of civilians, but aside from a few vocal warnings, everyone has shown horrible double standards and let their actions slide. Furthermore, the media coverage has been atrocious.

Yeah, IMO, Israel should be hit with devastating sanctions that affect its economy in a great way. I said it.

Pretext is irrelevant, if it's nor for this turmoil, it'd have been smth else. In fact even sanctions are irrelevant on the big picture, if anything EU is suffering more from the sanctions than anyone else looking how EU's PMI has plunged down at least for now when it's more of a pinch here and there rather than bringing big guns. What is relevant is European energy market falling off the cliff that is not out of question especially given the events in Ukraine -- that'd be one of the central aspects of the entire action and all interested parties in there.

As for illegal border violence, it's more about winning public opinion than anything else (akin to sacramental "who shot down MH17?", eveyone knows that because everyone knows that -- here goes entire reasoning). I mean I have better reasons to believe why this is what it is :D but I have info from the ground, how people from English part of the internet could have any kind of independent opinion on that is beyond me.

Around the Network

Double standards set by Western imperialism. A lot of them seem to involve Israel and its interests, which is very suspicious and conspiratory for such a small country...

Rebels in Syria fighting against a China-Russia oriented regime? Freedom fighters!

People in Ukraine defening a majority government aligned with Russia? Terrorists!

And all while the West succumbs to its demographic and economic contradictions while the interests of its financial elite and Israel keep well attended to, thank you.

Maybe there is still some hope for Europe with its nationalistic and anti-capitalism parties, but Murica will keep voting Democrat and Republican and keep placing the same morons on the White House, and defending the zionist state for a very long time...

Barozi said:

What people seem to forget is that the Israeli government is quite radical and conservative themselves. They don't know any other way than to solve every crisis with war.

That's funny, because I seem to have read somewhere that they've solved the problem of getting water even if you live in a desert. I don't think they used any rockets to do that.

I also seem to have read somewhere that they lead the field of medical research in curing diseases like, oh - you know, HIV and Ebola and... and... and. How many rockets did that take?

And how many rockets did it take for them to completely revolutionize agriculture? If the rest of the world had rockets like those then there'd be zero food shortage. So maybe it's worth it?

Because even if you are obviously right, any person thinking about that is anti-semitic by definition... Good lobotomy.

Like Obiwan would say " Only sith deal in absolutes"

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

haxxiy said:

Double standards set by Western imperialism. A lot of them seem to involve Israel and its interests, which is very suspicious and conspiratory for such a small country...

Maybe there is still some hope for Europe with its nationalistic and anti-capitalism parties, but Murica will keep voting Democrat and Republican and keep placing the same morons on the White House, and defending the zionist state for a very long time...

Firstly, that's a contradiction.

Secondly, if "Murica" changed their political viewpoint (as of now) then they'd become  nationalistic. This is another contradiction on your part since your calling for Europe to become nationalistic but you condemn America for not changing and hence not being nationalistic.

More imporantly, "Double standards set by Western imperialism. A lot of them seem to involve Israel and its interests, which is very suspicious and conspiratory for such a small country...". As I've said before, that little small country is leading the world in human achievement per capita in almost all fields.

Not really so suspicious then is it? Not to mention that Israel is literally the only country in the middle east that has a shared-value policy and a consistent foreign policy.

I honestly can't fathom all the anti-Israel voices in the world. Really - I can't comprehend how people reach such conclusions.

I'll leave this thread alone with one last thing:

I would like to encourage every liberal-minded person to forget about the media's opinions and go and look (long and hard) at the cold hard facts - about Islam, Israel (and specifically it's culture and achievements) and Obama's real allegiance.

Also, the OP (as others have said) is utterly flawed as the two scenarios cannot be compared whatsoever.