By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't Israel heavily sanctioned? (Double Standards!)

McGilliguts said:
Why can't the palestinians just move on, like every other conquered people in history. Terrorism and hatred is their petulant response to their own failure and incompetence.

Move on from what? A foreign country has invaded your lands, is stripping all your rights and arrests whomever dares protest! Is it any wonder those men and women feel they have little to lose and take their lives and the lives of others so horribly?

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:

If I was surrounded by a set of nations that wanted everyone I've ever known to be exterminated then I'd sure as hell want to defend myself - violently if need be.

Well done on ignoring my points. I guess you have nothing else to counter it with but with slander. Really, bravo.

If you want to kill people then you're no better than people who are terrorist.

What I quoted above is what I call the kettle calling the pot black. You seem like a well educated guy, maybe you'd get it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Richard_Feynman said:

Western culture gets so abused for slavery as well, but people don't know this (because they're ignorant):

- Arabs were trading slaves almost a THOUSAND years before the Europeans.

- An estimated 200 MILLION African slaves were traded by Arabs.

- These people were castrized immediately. That's why there are no Africans in Arab countries.

- Arabs had (way) more white slaves than whites had black slaves

- These Westerners that bought slaves bought them from Africans who were waging war amongst themselves.

- Who was it again who opposed slavery? Oh yes, Western society put that to an end.

I wish we weren't in the forum to tell you all you deserve to hear for this innacurate post (just to be polite).

You have no conclusive facts of of how many slaves Arabs trafficked.

Just because whites,blacks and yellow had slaves doesn't make it right for blue to have/had some. That's not an excuse of a reasonable human being.

Westerners did not buy slaves from Africans because the Africans that used to capture their brothers were already conquered by the Portuguese, Spanish,English, French, etc... this is what you hear here in US from people like you that tries to excuse the inhuman practice that was slavery.

The Portuguese still in the 1900, after forced by the UK to abolish slavery, created artificial famine in my country to transfer people to S.Tome and Principe to work on Cacao plantations for cents a day. That way they couldn't afford to buy out the contract and get a ticket back to my country.My great grandmother died while my grand father was very young (6-7) due to whip wounds, yes they used whips on the workers.

Reading your post and people comments of that nature, boils my blood to fury.

But it's all good, my grand father was a religious person (not me) and more tolerant than most peace loving folks I know.

My personal feelings regarding the middle east are summed up as follows..

Palestine - You don't bomb innocent civilians no matter the provocation.
Israel -You don't take already occupied land and drop white phosphorous on school kids then call it regrettable !

If I woke up and the TV relayed news of an asteroid that had impacted over Jerusalem causing massive devastation to the entire middle east. I would happily be able to finish my bowl of cereal !

binary solo said:
Israel as a state came into being under UN mandate in 1948. On the day it cam into being every Arab nation that bordered Israel attacked, militarily. And the region has been a hot violent mess from that point on. Israel's existence has been under threat from the moment is came into being. You can argue the merits of giving the Jewish people a piece of Palestine as compensation for the virtual genocide of Europe's (and Rusia's) Jewish population.

No doubt, Israel has done some unjustified things under the guise of self defence. But the situation with Israel is in no way comparable with the Russia/Ukraine situtation. Therefore it is pure ignorance to be claiming hypocrisy because Russia is being sanctioned and Israel is not.

In my view Israel should be forced to live within it's 1968 UN recognised orders and all the Westbank settlements should be depopulated, or the residents there should become citizens of the Palestinian state. And I think Jerusalem, unfortunately needs to become 2 cities. But by the same token all the Arab countries, Iran and the Palestinians need to officially recognise the state of Israel and vow never to take aggressive action against it.

Long term I actually believe a one state solution is the only viable situation for Israel and Palestine. But before that happens both countries need to properly secularise, and that's quite a way off.

Finally someone who understands what's going on in the world.  Anyone who compares the Ukrainian situation to the one in Gaza is simply ignorant or stupid...

Around the Network
Richard_Feynman said:
I'll leave this thread alone with one last thing:

I would like to encourage every liberal-minded person to forget about the media's opinions and go and look (long and hard) at the cold hard facts - about Islam, Israel (and specifically it's culture and achievements) and Obama's real allegiance.

Also, the OP (as others have said) is utterly flawed as the two scenarios cannot be compared whatsoever.

And AMEN to you as well.  People just need to look at the cold hard facts...

Mr Puggsly said:
Scisca said:

but at least one group tries to get to a positive destination and get civilized. The same can be said about neither Jihad, nor Russians.

Basically this.

I believe Israel ultimately wants peace, but their enemies are worse than the Nazis.

If you are killing 600 babies and under age children,

if 1 out of 2 people you kill is a child

if 4 out of 5 people you kill are civillian

if you are killing 20 times as many people

if you cannot show physical evidence for aan alleged rocket or a house demolished as a result

if you are bombing UN buildings or massacring children on the beach

YOU DONT WANT PEACE, YOU WANT GENOCIDE.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Lol I love reading posts calling all non-zionists anti-semitic (why does this term only apply to jews btw, aren't arabs also semites?) but in the same paragraph describe how superior israeli jews are as an ethnic group, as if that wasn't a form of racism.

Zarkho said:

I'm impressed by the immense ignorance of people posting here.

They say that Russia attacked Ukraine first, bombed Ukrainian civilians, annexed Crimea and even shoot down the Malaysia Airlines plane... Are you kidding me?

1. There was a Coup d'etat in Ukraine. Right wing protestors, backed by the violent neo-nazis of Svoboda party outed the government from Kiev and set a new right wing government where Svoboda (Again, NAZIS, people, learn a little) played an important role. The US, EU and FMI supported the new government because they wanted to harm Russia, and promised the new government millions of Euros in exchange of certain policy reforms (reforms that would lower the work and rights standards and harm sovereignty, which is the reason why the reforms were rejected by the parliament and the government recently resigned). You can Google a little and learn that this is all true (and, in fact, it would be nice to Google a little before you post the absurd things you're posting).

2. Because of this Euromaidan Coup d'etat (which was initially sold as a "struggle for freedom and against corruption", but the truth is that it was a bunch of nationalist, nazis and ultra-orthodox demonstrating against the pro-Russian government), the people of Crimea, Lugansk and Donetsk, regions populated by people of russian etnicity, declared independence from Ukraine. Crimea also organized one referendum in which the option of joining Russia won. IT WAS NOT AN ANNEXATION, it was a voluntary union that went through referendum.

3. The government of Kiev (capital of Ukraine), seeing the country loosing territory, started a war against the new independent terrtories, mainly the Republics of Lugansk and Donetsk. KIEV (not Russia) has been bombing the streets of the cities in these republics causing thousands of civilian victims. Russia has supported the rebels of Donetsk and Lugansk, but Russia HAS NOT started a war.

4. About the Malaysian Airlines plane bombing, IT IS NOT CLEAR what happened. People here is assuming that it was Russia or the rebels who bombed the plane, but here in Europe (lucky we still have plural media not as biased as the US one) lots of newspapers and agencies say that the rebels didn't have the capacity to fire planes at that altitude, and that in fact it was probably Kiev who shoot down the plane. What interest could Russia have in bombing a civil aircraft?? It would totally go against their interest. On the other hand, there is no proof that the Donetsk rebels have such weapons, but if they were the ones bombing the plane, it was probably a terrible mistake in which they mistook a commercial plane for a military one.

About Israel:

1. Israel was established in 1948 in an Arab territory in which Jews were less than 1/3 of the population and owed less than 1/7 of the land (this statistics come from te UN commision created at that time to research about the situation). Despite that, the Jewish state got more than 66% of Palestine. That's, partially, why Arab states rejected the UN plan; because it gave to a minority the majority of the land and clashed the arab's own wish for independence.

2. The UN in 1948 was composed of less than 1/3 of the world nations. Russia, who was against the creation of the state of Israel, was not present in the voting that approved the establishment of the Jewish state (which they would have vetoed). Therefore, pretending that the 1948 backing of the state of Israel gives them any legitimacy is absurd.

3. GAZA HAS NOT STARTED THE WAR. Since way before 1948 the Zionists have wagged war against the Palestinians, devastating Arab towns in the area, expelling their residents and occupying their land. There are now more than 3 million Palestinian refugees that were expelled from their lands by Israel. And Israel keeps occupying Palestinian land in the West Bank. THAT IS WHY some Palestinian armed groups (not all Palestinians) fire rockets to Israeli settlements built in what previously was Palestinian land. If Israel wants peace, they better stop acting as a colonist and give the Palestinian territories to their legitimate owners.

4. Of course, Israel won't be punished, despite he has wagged war with every neighbor country and committed thousands of human rights violations, because it is a key strategical ally for the US and the EU.

So PLEASE, PEOPLE, learn a little history and investigate the actual facts before coming with statements that are usually used to justify wars and war crimes and to forgive the executioner.

At least 1 rational post in a thread with Israel in the title, that's more than usual.

Anyway sanctions have been tried against Israel many times in the UN, yet always vetoed by the US. https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/UN/usvetoes.html They're not actually sanctions, just calls to end the violence and illegal occupation, can't have that. Israel is holding economic sanctions against Palestine by itself.

United States and Israel have enough man power and technology to infiltrate Gaza and operate with their Spec Op teams in order to eliminate rocket threats.
Why that is not done? Probably for the same reason we had Iraq war.