By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't Israel heavily sanctioned? (Double Standards!)

Simple, Israel is an ally and therefore they can do whatever they want. They can drop nukes and the west will congratulate them on their accomplishments.

Around the Network

The Israelites were in the land first, they just got kicked out be the Romans after they rebelled. And Jerusalem won't be split into 2, because the Jews would rather die than let their beloved Zion be split. It's times like this I wish there were more countries like Morroco.

deskpro2k3 said:
hard to say Israel is defending itself when its killing large sections of the population.

1) More people die of flu each year than the total amount of palestinians killed by Israel.

2) If Israel wanted all the Palestinians dead then they'd have been dead a long time ago.

3.1) Western countries are allowing millions of refugees from Islamic countries into their borders. This includes substantial wellfare privileges. Taking England as an example, the entire country's economy and social structure is unravelling (in part) due to this.

3.2) Israel is (completely) surrounded by Islamic countries, yet these countries are not affording the Palestinians the same help that non-Islamic countries are. Clearly the Islamic states are operating at a lower level of humanitarianism than they could be.

4) There have been wars and disputes over land since the dawn of time. Why should the only small slither of land that is Jewish be given to people who have; the largest number of non-secular countries in the world, clear violation of human rights as part of their religion and the fastest growing religion in the world? If anything, the laws of nature allow a people to defend their own bloodline and land. Israelis are superior in every economical, social and intellectual aspect to every other social/genetic group on the planet. You may scoff at this, but a little research will astound anyone who is ignorant of this matter.

5) Persecution of Jews is a hallmark of humanity's history. At times it may have been warranted (to some extent), but clearly the other human population groups still harbour this disposition. Is it because of an inferiority complex? Are people ashamed that Jews are so much better at almost everything than their own genetic groups? Why not just take the position that Israel can keep that small piece of land that they've turned into an economic, technological and agricultural marvel in a few short decades?

6) Where is all this sympathy toward Muslims coming from? I don't understand. Muslims butchered India (oh the stories I could tell). They nearly conquered Europe a few centuries ago. Northern Africa is completely Islamic. It is a fundamental part of Islamic doctrine that the world should unite under Islam - by any means, including force, necessary. I've read the Koran and I am well aware of how many powerful Muslims are regularly preaching the doctrine that echoes the same ethos as this famous quote:

"We have 50 million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah will grant Islam victory in Europe—without swords, without guns, without conquest—will turn it into a Muslim continent within a few decades. "

Perhaps you should ask yourself if you would like to live in an Islamic world. If you do, then ok - move along. If you don't, then perhaps you'll sympathize more with Israel.

If anything, the advanced society and culture exhibited by the Israelis should incite more admiration than the history of Islam in this world. This is a religious war - deal with it.

And people should really start noticing what's happening in the US. Unbelievable how ignorant you people are about Obama.

Maybe when Britain falls then people will take things seriously. At least some people are:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCJ4KEsWkhzvvxftRf0FYw

Worst thing of all is that one cannot speak along these lines without being labled a racist and Islamophobe. Very ironic that the very culture who gave birth to liberty, free-speach and multiculturalism is being strangled by its own ideals due to (in the words of Winston Churchill) savages taking advantage of this weakness.

Not even close to comparable.

Russia faces absolutely no threat from Ukraine (well they do now because of obvious reasons), while Israel is in constant danger from the 'religion of peace'.

It amazes me how anti-semitic the world, especially Europe, is. The only country that gives a damn about Israel is the US and the Obama administration may be the most anti-Israel we've seen.

As a US citizen my personal feelings on Israel are to let them do what they have/want to do to protect their citizens.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

morenoingrato said:

Okay. I'll keep it simple.

Russia has received lots of sanctions for illegal border activity and violence. UN, USA, EU, NATO are all acting rapidly against their "threat", which hasn't even materialized yet.

Israel has stolen land and killed thousands of civilians, but aside from a few vocal warnings, everyone has shown horrible double standards and let their actions slide. Furthermore, the media coverage has been atrocious.

Yeah, IMO, Israel should be hit with devastating sanctions that affect its economy in a great way. I said it.

Israel is under threat.  Dont forget nearly every middle eastern country  has attacked them.  Even african egypt joined in.  When they get their ass whooped they cry out to the world even though they were the aggressors.  I support israel completely and this is speaking from a completely non biased view as im an atheist and has no allegiance to anything when i comes to the religius dilemmas. 

Around the Network
ikki5 said:
Simple, Israel is an ally and therefore they can do whatever they want. They can drop nukes and the west will congratulate them on their accomplishments.

Thats funny..  I assume you are american like most here.. How many countries have ever launched a nuclear missile on humans? How many did they drop? 

dyremose said:
ikki5 said:

Thats funny..  I assume you are american like most here.. How many countries have ever launched a nuclear missile on humans? How many did they drop? 

Not American, Canadian. But really, that's not the entire point. The US is the only one that has used them once (or twice I guess on people) where they were actually used for warfare and they probably won't use them, but at the same time, they won't get rid of them either. So there is always that uncertainty for when the next crazy guy will get in there that will actually use them and that is all it takes, just one bad election.

But still, the point was that the west won't stop Israel if they decided to exterminate a people like the palastianians or even other muslims. Thy will urge them to stop and so far Israel has taken measures to do peace talks but again, all it takes it one person to be elected and that will all come to an end and the west won't interveine until after all the deeds are done because of the history that has happened with those people and that country.

Because of history.

and that's a terrible reason, since it basically gives them the right to do almost anything without consequences.

Obviously some people in this thread are only thinking about the latest conflict from what I gather and not what has been going on there for decades.

Barozi said:
Because of history.

and that's a terrible reason, since it basically gives them the right to do almost anything without consequences.

Obviously some people in this thread are only thinking about the latest conflict from what I gather and not what has been going on there for decades.

It's not very clear at all what you are saying?

I'm actually curious to know what people think.

BraveNewWorld said:

Not even close to comparable.

Russia faces absolutely no threat from Ukraine (well they do now because of obvious reasons), while Israel is in constant danger from the 'religion of peace'.

It amazes me how anti-semitic the world, especially Europe, is. The only country that gives a damn about Israel is the US and the Obama administration may be the most anti-Israel we've seen.

As a US citizen my personal feelings on Israel are to let them do what they have/want to do to protect their citizens.

echoes my sentiments exactly.

Except for the underlined.