By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - On MCC and remasters.

Nicklesbe said:
20happyballs said:

Microsoft is not getting a free pass. Halo 1 & 2 have new graphics rendering engines with completely new textures. That's why the annivsary editions look so much better and different than the original releases. The Last of Us, however, is basically the exact sames game with the same engine, but the difference is that the "Max Settings" was enabled. As mentioned in my earlier post, using my original release copy of KH2 I was able to emulate the game on my PC in 1080p. The results look just as good as the remastered PS3 version. It really makes you wonder how much work is really gone into these remasters.

They arn't running on a new engine...Look up a few posts to the ign link I posted it says the games are "Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a Xbox One game that brings together Halos 1,2,3 and 4, all on one disc, running at 60FPS, 1080p. Each game will have its full multiplayer suite, including all DLC maps, and each game will be running on its original engine" so its literally just improved textures with higher aspect ratios and frame rates... No different than any other remaster.

It's funny how you base an argument off of one desciption paragraph.

First of all, I specifically said "new graphics engines". The graphics engines (rendering engines) are built to run alongside the original game engines. So yes it is true that the games are running on the original engines (except for the Halo 2 annivsary pvp maps), but the graphics rendering is completely new. There's also a lot more that you obviously don't know about. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this argument.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014/11978-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bringing-New-Life-to-Halo-CE-an 

Around the Network
rik said:
But wouldnt you prefer a brand new ip being developed by mc instead?,I mean its still essentially the same game we all played 10 years ago just looks prettier?

Fans have been asking for Halo 2 ever since CE Anniversary came out. Everything that they're putting in here is a great service to the fans. It also includes 7 maps for the 3 week Halo 5 beta.

Also theres plenty of people who didn't have an OG Xbox so they never got to experience Halo 2

eva01beserk said:
20happyballs said:
eva01beserk said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I am not expecting that level of difference from a one year old game but Sony could have chosen any other game to remaster and made look just as amazing in terms of noticable differences but no, instead, they chose a one year old game which is why it got some flack. I mean, its fine, I get it, not everyone has played it which is fine but that doesn't mean I am not gonna say how much more of a difference MCC has cause clearly, MS is putting a lot of work on their MCC and its showing it cause the level of difference in this looks amazing compared to the Last of Us or WWHD and MS really do deserve a lot of credit for it

You serious with WWHD? You do know wind waker is almost 2 years older then halo 2 right? It might look like a bigger improvement, but thats due to halo being a realistic game, so with better power the game is easyer to see the improovements. Unlike wind waker wich is meant to look cartoony, but even so, you can really see the improovements. The caracters you can see a boost, but the scenary is almost a diferent world.

Here you can see so pics of it before and after.  http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker/HD_Screenshot_Comparison 

Microsoft is not getting a free pass. Halo 1 & 2 have new graphics rendering engines with completely new textures. That's why the annivsary editions look so much better and different than the original releases. The Last of Us, however, is basically the exact sames game with the same engine, but the difference is that the "Max Settings" was enabled. As mentioned in my earlier post, using my original release copy of KH2 I was able to emulate the game on my PC in 1080p. The results look just as good as the remastered PS3 version. It really makes you wonder how much work is really gone into these remasters.

That is excelent for them, but what does that have to do with my statement? Nothing. He clearly tried to downplay the WWHD in wich I showed that probably more work went into it then the MMC. Its harder to upgrade a game that its meant to look cartoony and keep the same look and feel, while for realistic games is almost a click of a button on the pc.

Sorry, I was actually just responding to a post earlier in this particular thread conversation. Not you.  

jlmurph2 said:
rik said:
But wouldnt you prefer a brand new ip being developed by mc instead?,I mean its still essentially the same game we all played 10 years ago just looks prettier?

Fans have been asking for Halo 2 ever since CE Anniversary came out. Everything that they're putting in here is a great service to the fans. It also includes 7 maps for the 3 week Halo 5 beta.

Also theres plenty of people who didn't have an OG Xbox so they never got to experience Halo 2

Fair enough. I gave up on halo after the second one. They were very good games on OG xbox though i just never played halo on 360 for some reason

JayWood2010 said:

Maybe its because i dont pay attention to what people say on forums as much as i use to but i havent really seen many people say anything bad about it.  

Halo MCC

Halo 1 Anniversary HD Upscale
Halo 2 Remake
Halo 3 HD Upscale
Halo 4 HD Upscale
Halo: Nightfall
100+ Multiplayer Maps including all DLC maps
8 Remade maps on Halo 2
Remade Cutscenes by Blur for Halo 2
Halo 5 Beta

Yeah Im not sure how you could say much bad about all that but more power to you if you do i suppose.......

As for other remakes like The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Metro Redux, etc  THeyre not bad or anything, though i understand the complaints as well.  Overall im happy they ported them though.  What im upset with is that both The Last of Us and Tomb Raider was full price.  Ill pick them up when theyre cheaper.  Metro Redux is $25 a piece(sperately through digital) or $50 complete, a much better deal for games that has been out for a while now.

Lastly LittleBigPlanet3 really shouldnt be on this list.  Its a cross-gen release much like Forza Horizon 2 and TitanFall.  Not really a remake/remaster

The Last of Us Remaster wasn't/isn't full price...

Around the Network
20happyballs said:

It's funny how you base an argument off of one desciption paragraph.

First of all, I specifically said "new graphics engines". The graphics engines (rendering engines) are built to run alongside the original game engines. So yes it is true that the games are running on the original engines (except for the Halo 2 annivsary pvp maps), but the graphics rendering is completely new. There's also a lot more that you obviously don't know about. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this argument.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014/11978-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Bringing-New-Life-to-Halo-CE-an 

What's really funny is how you assume there is a difference when there isn't and that you think the graphics engine wasn't redone for TLAOU:R. There is litterally no difference between the two remasters. in case ya didn't notice they completely rewrote the graphics engine for ps4. http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/29/5945427/how-naughty-dog-brought-the-last-of-us-to-the-PS4 "The big challenge was rewriting our engine to work on a multicore system like the PS4," notes lead programmer Sandeep Shekar, who worked heavily on CPU optimization and the game’s multiplayer features. "Our games have always been very heavily optimized towards the PS3 hardware — even though the PS4 is so much more powerful, it's a very different architecture. It was quite difficult."

So yeah..no difference between them after all.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
Jazz2K said:
Nicklesbe said:
yeah.. there is no real difference between the remasters. Well there is one difference. Most of the remasters has dedicated servers for their multiplayer while MCC keeps true to the old halo games and keeps p2p connections and needing to connect to a host to play multiplayer. That's really the only difference between them.

Source?

Because all over the internet it says dedicated servers.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/halo-master-chief-collection Unless IGN is mistaken? "Halo: The Master Chief Collection is a Xbox One game that brings together Halos 1,2,3 and 4, all on one disc, running at 60FPS, 1080p. Each game will have its full multiplayer suite, including all DLC maps, and each game will be running on its original engine with award winning new P2P architecture for multiplayer. A fan favorite mode, the Forge, will also return, and be available for maps found within Halo 2, 3 and 4."

Well IGN has it wrong, just look at the reveal from Dan Ayub on Youtube he says it right. Can't be more right than the devs themselves. Also you have to know that every exclusives on X1 run on dedicated servers now if it's not simply every games.

I don't understand why some people are so hateful to remasters in the first place! I REALLY enjoyed TLoU! I never played on the PS3, and was happy to have a better version on the PS4! Same with Diablo. I borrowed a copy of the PS3 game, and was happy to buy the new version (which also included the expansion).

Halo fans are in for a treat with MCC as well. Sales arguments aside, I think this game looks INCREDIBLE, and it is a great value for fans of the games...gamers will enjoy it, and that's all that should really matter here!

If you, personally don't like the idea of remastered games, fine, don't buy them! But when I see a game I like, optimized for the new hardware, I won't hesitate to buy it...and neither will millions of others.

Jazz2K said:

Well IGN has it wrong, just look at the reveal from Dan Ayub on Youtube he says it right. Can't be more right than the devs themselves. Also you have to know that every exclusives on X1 run on dedicated servers now if it's not simply every games.

Or maybe the devs are just using PR, or you misunderstood. It wouldn't be the first time a dev said something that was misleading, or untrue, or said one thing and had to change it to something else later. As i said only way to know for sure is to play the game. If there are hosts and host issues then I'll know 343 simply lied or meant something else.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

WrathofTank said:
JayWood2010 said:

The Last of Us Remaster wasn't/isn't full price...

I apologize, they were $50 when imo should have been $30-$40