By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U pro controller revision speculation

spemanig said:
They'll probably add an NFC reader for Amiibo, then hopefully sell a gamepad-less Wii U.

There is already a NFC reader in the Wii U gamepad why the hell do you want another accessory? Plus a pad-less sku is still out of the question considering they are utilizing the pad more

Around the Network
amak11 said:
spemanig said:
They'll probably add an NFC reader for Amiibo, then hopefully sell a gamepad-less Wii U.

There is already a NFC reader in the Wii U gamepad why the hell do you want another accessory? Plus a pad-less sku is still out of the question considering they are utilizing the pad more

It's not about wanting another accessory. It's about making the Wii U not need the gamepad. With a Pro Controller that has an NFC reader, all they'd need to do is make a firmware update to make the Wii U 100% operational without the gamepad (which they've already started doing; it's like 98% operational without it as is) and sell a far cheaper, Gamepadless Wii U. Then the gamepad will become the accessory, as it should be.

But I know it will never happen, not because they are "utilizing the gamepad more," but because they're stubborn.

The WiiU Pro Controller is good, but a revision would certainly be welcomed!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

toot1231 said:

I cannot find one anywhere they are out of stock online at practically every major retail.

amazon,gamestop,walmart

Whats the deal? Is Nintendo finally realizing that they screwed up with this controller by not including a headphone jack?

has anyone else noticed the shortage of these controllers and if you could please tell me whats up because I really want one just do not wanna pay 75+$ for 1 controller.

I saw one at Walmart for full price. However, the one I bought from K-Mart was only $29.99... so maybe you're on to something.

spemanig said:
amak11 said:
spemanig said:

It's not about wanting another accessory. It's about making the Wii U not need the gamepad. With a Pro Controller that has an NFC reader, all they'd need to do is make a firmware update to make the Wii U 100% operational without the gamepad (which they've already started doing; it's like 98% operational without it as is) and sell a far cheaper, Gamepadless Wii U. Then the gamepad will become the accessory, as it should be.

But I know it will never happen, not because they are "utilizing the gamepad more," but because they're stubborn.

They won't do it because without the gamepad, what is the identity of the console? It's basically a 360 that plays HD Nintendo games. You and I would be down but Nintendo, or at least the Nintendo that Iwata runs, doesn't see it that way. He wants your experience to be different from generation to generation and not just res bumps.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
toot1231 said:

I cannot find one anywhere they are out of stock online at practically every major retail.

amazon,gamestop,walmart

Whats the deal? Is Nintendo finally realizing that they screwed up with this controller by not including a headphone jack?

has anyone else noticed the shortage of these controllers and if you could please tell me whats up because I really want one just do not wanna pay 75+$ for 1 controller.

I saw one at Walmart for full price. However, the one I bought from K-Mart was only $29.99... so maybe you're on to something.

Ill have to check Kmart today ill let you know if I find one (im going to the actual store)

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
waltz said:
if they do a revision of the pro controller it should have
1.headset/phone jack
2. analog triggers
3. Rumble feature
4. the d-pad and action buttons in the bottom like ps4

agree with 1 to 3.

Not sure what you mean by 4. The Pro already has dpad and buttond at bottom. On PS4 they above the control sticks. 

I would add better grip nubs with a inverted middle to better place the thumb in.

prayformojo said:

They won't do it because without the gamepad, what is the identity of the console? It's basically a 360 that plays HD Nintendo games. You and I would be down but Nintendo, or at least the Nintendo that Iwata runs, doesn't see it that way. He wants your experience to be different from generation to generation and not just res bumps.

Well they could just push Amiibo as the new identity, but like I said, I don't think they'll do it because they're stubborn.

toot1231 and amak11, you both need to cool off here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

People really want a headphone jack? And not just standard Bluetooth wireless headset support?