By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U pro controller revision speculation

amak11 said:

They haven't been doing that. They've been giving you options. There is a difference between removing something and giving you options... and since you don't know that I'm not even going to bother explaining it. 

They're giving you an option... to remove the gamepad from your Wii U experience. There's nothing to explain. They aren't doing one or the other. They're doing both.

Around the Network
toot1231 said:
Cheebee said:
archer9234 said:

It's funny people are ignoring the JPN pro controllers on amazon. It's not like they won't sync.

Exactly. I have a white Japanese one I ordered there, too, mainly because my Wii U's white and they don't sell any white pro controllers in my country.

i had no idea his actually worked im going to buy a JPN one from amazon how long do you think it will take to get to the US?

Check the seller first. Lots of times they're in the US and not actually in JPN. If they are in JPN and if they allow expedited shipping, a week. Normal 2.

I never understood why the Pro Controller had digital sticks. Didn't Nintendo makes the first controller with an analog stick?

XanderXT said:
I never understood why the Pro Controller had digital sticks. Didn't Nintendo makes the first controller with an analog stick?

Probably to save space and or save on battery?

toot1231 said:
Cheebee said:
archer9234 said:

It's funny people are ignoring the JPN pro controllers on amazon. It's not like they won't sync.

Exactly. I have a white Japanese one I ordered there, too, mainly because my Wii U's white and they don't sell any white pro controllers in my country.

i had no idea his actually worked im going to buy a JPN one from amazon how long do you think it will take to get to the US?

Not sure, as I don't live in the US, but mine arrived within a week, from Japan to Europe. I guess shipping time to the US ought to be similar.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
spemanig said:
amak11 said:

They haven't been doing that. They've been giving you options. There is a difference between removing something and giving you options... and since you don't know that I'm not even going to bother explaining it. 

They're giving you an option... to remove the gamepad from your Wii U experience. There's nothing to explain. They aren't doing one or the other. They're doing both.

They're giving you an option. They aren't removing the gamepad. You can't be this dense when it comes to this. 

Nintendo has ALWAYS been about giving people as many control options as possible on a console since the Wii.  You obviously never owned a Wii so you shouldn't even bother with this conversation. Giving people options isn't so you can remove options. It's completely counter productive. It's equivilient to me selling you a keyboard without the enter/return buttons. Them updating the apps was only to enhance a user experience. 

amak11 said:

They're giving you an option. They aren't removing the gamepad. You can't be this dense when it comes to this. 

Nintendo has ALWAYS been about giving people as many control options as possible on a console since the Wii.  You obviously never owned a Wii so you shouldn't even bother with this conversation. Giving people options isn't so you can remove options. It's completely counter productive. It's equivilient to me selling you a keyboard without the enter/return buttons. Them updating the apps was only to enhance a user experience. 

Never ownd a Wii!? Ahahaha, I seriously don't get why people get so accusatory when they know nothing about the other side! The only system that I owned last gen was a Wii. Yeah, I played a lot of games on my sister's PS3, but the Wii was my main home console. Not that I have any reason to prove anything. If Nintendo was all about "giving people as many control options as possible," Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Metroid Prime 3, Mertoid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Other M, and more would have all had options to use a Wavebird/Classic Controller. But they didn't.

And it is not equivilant to you selling me a keyboard with out the enter/return buttons. It equivilent to you selling me a computer with a Wii U gamepad instead of a keyboard, then updating apps so they work with a real keyboard because even though some people like the novelty that you can doodle all over your homepage with the stylus, most people just want the to fucking type without needing to pay an extra $100 for what should be an optional accessory.

And agian, I never said they were removing the gamepad. I said they are giving YOU the OPTION to remove the gamepad. 

spemanig said:

Never ownd a Wii!? Ahahaha, I seriously don't get why people get so accusatory when they know nothing about the other side! The only system that I owned last gen was a Wii. Yeah, I played a lot of games on my sister's PS3, but the Wii was my main home console. Not that I have any reason to prove anything. If Nintendo was all about "giving people as many control options as possible," Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Metroid Prime 3, Mertoid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Other M, and more would have all had options to use a Wavebird/Classic Controller. But they didn't.

And it is not equivilant to you selling me a keyboard with out the enter/return buttons. It equivilent to you selling me a computer with a Wii U gamepad instead of a keyboard, then updating apps so they work with a real keyboard because even though some people like the novelty that you can doodle all over your homepage with the stylus, most people just want the to fucking type without needing to pay an extra $100 for what should be an optional accessory.

And agian, I never said they were removing the gamepad. I said they are giving YOU the OPTION to remove the gamepad. 

All those games, pretty much flawless execution of motion controllers. Twilight Princess was a cross generation release, you could have bought the Gamecube version. Considering NIntendo actually supports their main control schemes (Where *cough* Sony and MS barely even supported them as optional ones). Besides, lets look at the games. 

Skyward Sword - Proabably the best implementation of motion sword fighting in a game. The game was designed to feature motion controls. 

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 - Never used motion controls outside of shooting from blast stars and shooting star bits. The controls were natural for the game and it felt right. Also used the heavenly joystick on the Nunchuck for movement. 

Metroid Prime Trilogy - Gamecube ports updated to add motion support. It's a FPS with a motion controller. Those who master the game usually are the same ones who played CoD online on the Wii U and Wii with motion controls. 

Metroid Other M - It was to show off a game designed straight up for the Wii that used motion controls. 

The Wii menu, you can navigate with the Wiimote and classic controller.

Many VC games, Gamecube controller, classic controller and Wiimote

Let's say this, the more people complain the more I'll defend it. It's the main control scheme for the console. It's not the optional Wii U pro controller or the optional Wiimotes. 

Have you ever tried typing with a controller? The PS3 was trash for it unless you plugged in a USB keyboard. That gamepad is the easiest thing on the planet to use.

amak11 said:

All those games, pretty much flawless execution of motion controllers. Twilight Princess was a cross generation release, you could have bought the Gamecube version. Considering NIntendo actually supports their main control schemes (Where *cough* Sony and MS barely even supported them as optional ones). Besides, lets look at the games. 

Skyward Sword - Proabably the best implementation of motion sword fighting in a game. The game was designed to feature motion controls. 

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 - Never used motion controls outside of shooting from blast stars and shooting star bits. The controls were natural for the game and it felt right. Also used the heavenly joystick on the Nunchuck for movement. 

Metroid Prime Trilogy - Gamecube ports updated to add motion support. It's a FPS with a motion controller. Those who master the game usually are the same ones who played CoD online on the Wii U and Wii with motion controls. 

Metroid Other M - It was to show off a game designed straight up for the Wii that used motion controls. 

The Wii menu, you can navigate with the Wiimote and classic controller.

Many VC games, Gamecube controller, classic controller and Wiimote

Let's say this, the more people complain the more I'll defend it. It's the main control scheme for the console. It's not the optional Wii U pro controller or the optional Wiimotes. 

Have you ever tried typing with a controller? The PS3 was trash for it unless you plugged in a USB keyboard. That gamepad is the easiest thing on the planet to use.

Who the hell cares about any of that? Your arguement was that Nintendo ALWAYS has been about giving people "as many control options as possible." I just gave you 7 major examples of them literally doing the exact opposite. Nothing you brought up is relevant to the discussion, and even then they're hugely debatable on their own idividual merits.

It's becoming less and less the main control scheme of the controller, that's for sure. It's functionality is being phased out, that's for sure. And who care's if typing with a controller is trash? It's a video game console, not a computer. The amount of time you spend typing on agame console is not nearly work the $100 extra you're forced to pay for the "convenience" of typing on the gamepad, which if we're being honest, doesn't remotely compare to typing with a real tablet, which in turn doesn't remotely compare to typing with a real keyboard. You know, the one that you can currently connect to last gen consoles and type with right now?

More evidence that I found that supports my claim

On Amazon i was looking at the Nyko pro commander and it turns out that they do not stock it anymore
I also checked Afterglow Wii U pro controller neither their site or Amazon stock it anymore

some thing is not right you cannot get a pro controller anywhere.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~