By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Revelations? Why isn't it going to 3DS?

Tagged games:

Capcon is doing this because.....

they are idiots and don'... 44 100.00%

Total:44

Because capcom, thats why.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Soundwave said:
bubblegamer said:
Soundwave said:
It is actually funny the hypocrisy of console Sony/MS fans ... the nerd rage over Tomb Raider, yet not much of a peep over RE Revealtions even though it sold most on the 3DS.

Did you rage about MH move to 3DS?

Not really, but you take an exclusive away from Sony fans and they cry for weeks at a time. It really is a double standard.

That's the same reason we're not raging. Also i would watch it with generalizing as you're in a topic where people are hoping the game would flop because it's not on the 3DS. Talk about crying!

Yeah but the reaction is fairly tame ... compared to full on meltdowns and seething nerd rage that flooded the internet after the Tomb Raider announcement, lol. 

They didn't have the time to make a 3DS version. And on top of that, adding second screen functionality was going to take more time for an "early 2015" tentative date.

Soundwave said:
It is actually funny the hypocrisy of console Sony/MS fans ... the nerd rage over Tomb Raider, yet not much of a peep over RE Revealtions even though it sold most on the 3DS.

What's the similarity between those two situations?

Soundwave said:
bubblegamer said:
Soundwave said:
bubblegamer said:
Soundwave said:

Did you rage about MH move to 3DS?

Not really, but you take an exclusive away from Sony fans and they cry for weeks at a time. It really is a double standard.

That's the same reason we're not raging. Also i would watch it with generalizing as you're in a topic where people are hoping the game would flop because it's not on the 3DS. Talk about crying!

Yeah but the reaction is fairly tame ... compared to full on meltdowns and seething nerd rage that flooded the internet after the Tomb Raider announcement, lol. 

Cause you know, Resident Evil has been highly associated with Nintendo since its inception which makes it totally the same.  In all seriousness though, I personally think Capcom is done with handhelds period.  Monster Hunter may stay on, but other than that I don't see Capcom putting anything on handheld (I don't consider cellphones a handheld in the gaming sense).

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:

Cause you know, Resident Evil has been highly associated with Nintendo since its inception which makes it totally the same.  In all seriousness though, I personally think Capcom is done with handhelds period.  Monster Hunter may stay on, but other than that I don't see Capcom putting anything on handheld (I don't consider cellphones a handheld in the gaming sense).

Considering the main Monster Hunter series is exclusive to Nintendo currently I can assure you that many Sony fanboys bitch and moan on forums all the time because the main games are "meant to be on Vita" and whatever else. It's not Capcom's fault that Sony had rediculous policies when the PS3 first came out. 

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

I can totally understand why it isn't going to Wii U,  but 3DS? The console where the sub-series was birthed? A console which will probably sell more than Wii U and X1 combined? I mean,  Capcom isn't below porting way too powerful games to them 3DS considering they released Street Fighter IV there. This is like Rise of the Tomb Raider all over again, except there isn't a chance it's going to 3DS.

You really think a 3DS version would outsell Wii U and Xbox versions?  The audience for RE is on HD consoles, not handhelds, so it just doesn't make sense to release it on 3DS.  Not to mention that they probably never considered 3DS when making the second game in the series, so they'd have to down-port the engine and all of the assets to squeeze it onto 3DS. All of that extra worl to port it would mean they would need to see even greater sales in order to get a return on their investment.

Maybe with the New 3DS, Nintendo can get Capcom to make an RE game for them again, especially with the new c-stick for dual analog, but I just don't think the RE audience is really on Nintendo platforms.  That was more N64 and GameCube era.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

amak11 said:
darkknightkryta said:

Considering the main Monster Hunter series is exclusive to Nintendo currently I can assure you that many Sony fanboys bitch and moan on forums all the time because the main games are "meant to be on Vita" and whatever else. It's not Capcom's fault that Sony had rediculous policies when the PS3 first came out. 

Why post that here? So much bitterness. Oh and thank you Soundwave for opening the way to such posts.

Technical limitations. Anyway, the announce to the "NEW 3DS" and that strange power bump can happen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MRKs said:
Because capcom, thats why.

Yeah, that's pretty much all that needs to be said.  This is what Capcom does.