By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After the Wii U disaster, will you buy Nintendo's next console?

YES I WILL

Around the Network
padib said:

You bought the U? Were you surprised about the 3rd party support?

@OP. Obviously yes, since the WiiU isn't a disaster to me. I buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games first and foremost, with the rare 3rd party games on the side. I usually go for non-Nintendo indie games anyway.

I bought it 6 months after launch. Ill start by saying 3rd party support for both the Gamecube and Wii was much better than this.The support in the begining was decent, but now ports are practically non existent. The windows between big releases by Nintendo and 3rd partys is too big for my liking. Apparently restructuring at Nintendo HQ will address this issue but I'll need to see it to believe it. 

For the next system I'd rather wait it out and jump in when everything is cheaper and a huge collection of games are available, binge through it all in a few months and then move on.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I'm going to go ahead and title-comment on this one:

The Wii U is not a "disaster".

And yes, I will buy every console Nintendo makes until the day I die because I grew up with their games as a kid, and it's only fitting I pass away with their games as an old man.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

If you hit "reply" instead of quote will it still reply to a specific quote 

re job many holidays - I was responding to theoster I quoted who said Wii u 2014 was the 2nd holiday and Wii 2008 was the 2nd holiday 

Dunban67 said:

re job many holidays - I was responding to theoster I quoted who said Wii u 2014 was the 2nd holiday and Wii 2008 was the 2nd holiday 

No. All reply buttons do the same thing. Replies to the thread only. Quotes is the only way to reply to a comment.

Around the Network

It depends entirely on the console. I didn't buy a Wii U because I thought the Gamepad wasn't appealing to me. It just didn't "feel"fun, especially with the motion controls added in of NintendoLand.

If their next console has good technology and great software I'll buy one, just as I did the Gamecube. Regardless of sales.

I'll buy Nintendo Handheld next cycle ...

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

undergroundfrog said:
I'll buy Nintendo Handheld next cycle ...

Which will likely have the same games as their console, so that works just fine. 

archer9234 said:
Dunban67 said:

No. All reply buttons do the same thing. Replies to the thread only. Quotes is the only way to reply to a comment.

Ok thanks 

Yes.

(Next Handheld only with better screen-resolution. Does not need high-polygon-counts, but even cheap phones now have HD-Displays.)