By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After the Wii U disaster, will you buy Nintendo's next console?

torok said:
Nem said:

I have to ask. Why do you need third party support? Are you planning to buy multiplats for the Wii U? 

This is important for almost all players. The gamers that buy more than one home console per gen are a tiny share of the market, most will get one console and stick with it until the end of the generation. It's not just the price of the console itself, but after buying a new console you will want games for it and expending US$ 300 on other system actually means you could have bought 5 games at US$ 60 and now will have to buy games for two consoles. So, if you have to choose only one console, you'll want one with 3rd party support.

Looking at my case (remembering that consoles in Brazil are more expensive). I want a Wii U, but I primarily wanted a PS4. I got my PS4 at less than 2 months and it used a big part of my gaming budget. I bought it with 2 games and got 2 more after it. I will get Destiny now and Metro Redux in the next month. Driveclub and LBP3 will close the year. Then next year there is Bloodborne, The Order, Persona, Dying Light and others. And I still need a second DS4. So one console costs much more than the unit itself since I have to pump games on it like crazy. It's not like my PS3 that can go months without a game because I already have a huge collection, if I don't buy some games my new console won't be worth the investment. So that actually pushes a second console purchase and depending on other things (bills, laptops, etc) that use my money it will be pushed back more time or even cancelled because I already have a videogame so a lot of other things have a priority now.

Yeah, but that choice is not the Wii U. Its probably the PS4 unless those games dont interest you.

The WiiU as it stands, wich a system weaker than the others, is only good for the exclusives imo. Even if it had the third party ports, i dont think it would sell much more.

But, i see what you mean. If the Wii U was as powerful as the other two, it would definitly make a difference.

Around the Network

Absolutely.
It pained me to see retailers basically offering NSMB U for 5€ weeks after the console came out, but i`ll still be a day one buyer without a doubt.

I think Nintendo has learnt it`s lesson this time.

Yep i like most nintendo fans will buy the next nintendo console. I personally only buy nintendo hardware as i dont have much spare time so i choose only nintendo

DélioPT said:

It pained me to see retailers basically offering NSMB U for 5€ weeks after the console came out.

Wow, you should have bought them all. You can still get around 30 € for a new copy.

Unless they make their games multiplat, there isn't really a choice, is there?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
episteme said:
DélioPT said:

It pained me to see retailers basically offering NSMB U for 5€ weeks after the console came out.

Wow, you should have bought them all. You can still get around 30 € for a new copy.

I think it was only 5€ for the game if you bought the console aswell!

Well ... everytime a console launches I am telling myself "I buy it and i again start playing games like in the good old SNES/N64 times" The first month(s) I keep on playing quite a bit, but somewhen motivation slows down and I barely play at all.
I guess it will be the same with the next Nintendo home console.
I for sure will buy it at launch as i do not really care if it costs 399€ oder 1 year later 299€ or again 1 year later 249€.
150€ in the timeframe of 2 years is about 6€ per Month. And for sure I will hope my attitude towards gaming changes again, but i already now fear i will - as for WiiU - buy plenty of games, but do not really play them at all.
Despite Nintendoland and NSMBU (these really have been played a lot) i was playing like 0-hours MH3, 10-h LCU, 2-h Pikmin3, 2-h Rayman Legends, 0-h WindWaker, 5-6h ZombiU, 3-h WiiPartyU and maybe 15-h MK8.
Still the WiiU is no disaster for me as i know its simply my own fault.

So yes, actually it does not really matter what happens, but i will buy next Nintendo home console and hope this one will support WiiU-Pro-Controller AND WiiU-Gamepad.

Nyeguy81 said:
After this thread disaster, will you write another one?

lolllll

spurgeonryan said:

I am done with console gaming after this gen anyways, but if I was not I would still go Nintendo. Mainly because I feel they will fix many Wii U problems next gen.

What about you? Bad taste in your mouth?

Prefere if only Nintendo gamers post.

Disaster? Nintendo already released many great games for Wii U and announced many more ...

So from a gamer perspective the Wii U is a great console.

Why not ?

WiiU is really becoming an excelent option for me.