By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After the Wii U disaster, will you buy Nintendo's next console?

Im buying one unless they do somthing really stupid with it

Around the Network

For me Wii U isnt disaster, its much better console than Wii and one of the bests consoles.
And yes, probably will buy next Nintendo console.

Have not bought a Nintendo console since Gamecube and don't see my self buying another ever. Gamecube was the last good console Nintendo made. One of my all time favorites.

The Wii U is definitely not a disaster, I'm very impressed with its hardware and features. Having skipped the Wii (I owned the N64 and GC), the Virtual Console is also new to me. Basically, I use the Wii U as a hybrid SNES / GBA / Wii / Wii U, making it easily the best console I have owned considering the games I previously missed and can now play all on the same system. I'm talking about titles such as Fire Emblem, A Link to the Past, Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, DK TF, Metroid Prime 3, Mario 3D World, MK8, Minish Cap, Super Metroid, it's insane. Looking forward to Smash and especially Zelda U. And I'm silently hoping they will release a new or remastered F-Zero game. GX was so sick.

I will likely buy the next Nintendo system as well, although it seems that skipping 1 gen might pay off if the next one is backwards compatible

Have not bought a console at launch since GC (although got a Wii at launch because my brother wanted to buy it), and do not plan to ever buy a new console at launch.

In saying that, yes I will probably get the next Nintendo console much like how I got all my other consoles. A few years later, when games are actually released, and a price reduction happens.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Purple said:
Soundwave said:
Purple said:
Darc Requiem said:
You are confusing Wii U sales with consumer satisfaction. The people that actually bought the console seem satisfied with the product.

Eh, out of the five people I know who own one, not one of us are satisfied. I think (like the Vita), because it's very unpopular it is mainly owned by company die-hards who are more likely to enjoy the product, even if they have to convince themselves to do so.

OT: I love Nintendo but sadly, no. I feel at this point I'm playing more out of a misplaced sense of loyalty to the company rather than for personal enjoyment.

Meh. I'm enjoying it more than the Wii, and I've been highly critical of Nintendo and the Wii U. 

The game's from Nintendo (when they do come) are pretty f**king good and HD visuals + Nintendo is a slice of warm apple pie. 

And the online/eShop while still lacking in areas are such a huge step up from the Wii. 

Going from the Wii to Wii U is like going from a cheap, compact car to a decent mid-size luxury sedan. 

Is it a home run type system like the Super NES was that covers all the bases? Not by a long shot. But the Wii, if you didn't care for crap shovelware wasn't really much better, motion gaming was just more of a popular fad for a few years before it faded off into yesterday's news. 

Haha, I'm like the complete opposite. Outside of Wonderful 101 none of the Wii U titles have really caught me, but I've been loving the Wii library.

So far I've played SMG1+2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Rhythm Heaven, Zack and Wiki, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Muramasa, Sin and Punishment, Sakura Wars, Radiant Dawn, Trauma Team and I'm currently playing through Okami. 

Now I think about it, I am actually very satisfied with the Wii U but it's almost exclusively GBA and Wii games I've been loving.

None of the games you've listed there were available for the Wii in at this equivalent point the Wii U's lifecycle aside from Galaxy 1, Zak & Wiki, TP and Radiant Dawn. And two of them were basically repackaged GameCube games. 

I think you shoulda bit on that Mario Kart 8 + free Pikmin 3 (or Wind Waker) deal, if you're a Wii U owner it really was a no brainer. 

Notable Wii Games By the End of Second Holiday (2008)

Super Mario Galaxy, Twilght Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brawl, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, Animal Crossing. 

Notable Wii U Games By the End of Its Second Holiday (2014)

Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash U, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. 

IMO ... Wii U has a pretty decent edge by the time this year ends. Animal Crossing on the Wii was seen as a bit of a dissapointment by many too. 

This will be the Wii u s 3rd holiday, not 2nd 

Dunban67 said:

This will be the Wii u s 3rd holiday, not 2nd 

2008 was also Wii's 3rd holiday.

And avoid the long quote trees.

Wii U is one of the best Nintendo system, so... why not?

If the next Nintendo home console is the Nintendo "Fusion" then I might choke on my own throw-up and I won't have to make a decision. Win-win right there.

Nem said:

I have to ask. Why do you need third party support? Are you planning to buy multiplats for the Wii U? 

This is important for almost all players. The gamers that buy more than one home console per gen are a tiny share of the market, most will get one console and stick with it until the end of the generation. It's not just the price of the console itself, but after buying a new console you will want games for it and expending US$ 300 on other system actually means you could have bought 5 games at US$ 60 and now will have to buy games for two consoles. So, if you have to choose only one console, you'll want one with 3rd party support.

Looking at my case (remembering that consoles in Brazil are more expensive). I want a Wii U, but I primarily wanted a PS4. I got my PS4 at less than 2 months and it used a big part of my gaming budget. I bought it with 2 games and got 2 more after it. I will get Destiny now and Metro Redux in the next month. Driveclub and LBP3 will close the year. Then next year there is Bloodborne, The Order, Persona, Dying Light and others. And I still need a second DS4. So one console costs much more than the unit itself since I have to pump games on it like crazy. It's not like my PS3 that can go months without a game because I already have a huge collection, if I don't buy some games my new console won't be worth the investment. So that actually pushes a second console purchase and depending on other things (bills, laptops, etc) that use my money it will be pushed back more time or even cancelled because I already have a videogame so a lot of other things have a priority now.