By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White PS4 Destiny Bundle - #28 on Amazon.com Bestsellers of 2014

Already done.

Hopefully, VGC will update PS4 numbers faster than last time because i can bet they'll be undertracked by more than 700k next time

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Tagged.

DD_Bwest said:
38th!!!!! It just passed TF 360

Rejoice everyone! We have ourselves our first Bundle of the Generation!!

CosmicSex said:
Aerys said:
Oh m'y god , destiny bundle is a monster ! It has to be heavily undertracked in the US

After following their methods, it seems that their numbers are a mix of tracking and projections.  Their projection is actually logical and matches the known boost in the UK and Japan.   The 9/13/2014 172k is not a tracked number, it is projected.   In Lieu of not being able to distinush preorders from bundles, they did the nex best and most logical thing and made a projection based on PS4's performance around the world. Unfortunately, it was  a little sloppy, but the still get credit for trying.

Yep, likely that it's at least double that in reality. NPD will make people lose their minds lol.

number 38 and both ps4 bundles > all consoles. oh my god, this is crazy! the people love the ps4 hardware system.

Around the Network

When you see 360 Titanfall sales ( http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72892/titanfall/ ), PS4 +Destiny have to be undertracked by at least 100k, and the second week will be between 150-200k

I predict 600-700k npd

Aerys said:
When you see 360 Titanfall sales ( http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72892/titanfall/ ), PS4 +Destiny have to be undertracked by at least 100k, and the second week will be between 150-200k

I predict 600-700k npd

No way. Amazon isn't that reliable when it comes to hard sales figures, and do you seriously expect the PS4 with Destiny to do better in the US than the Xbox 360 did when Halo 3 launched (~570k iirc).

Teeqoz said:
Aerys said:

I predict 600-700k npd

No way. Amazon isn't that reliable when it comes to hard sales figures, and do you seriously expect the PS4 with Destiny to do better in the US than the Xbox 360 did when Halo 3 launched (~570k iirc).

Well Amazon is pretty reliable since the beginning of the generation, ok not so much on software but on hardware, they were never wrong. So i think it's safe to say PS4 is undertracked by a good amount

Yes, why not, it's very likely, 360 sold only 123k in the US during Halo 3 FW, then 130k second week, then 130k, then 110k ( but it was mostly october month so more releases to help) based on VGC

Aerys said:
Teeqoz said:
Aerys said:

I predict 600-700k npd

Well Amazon is pretty reliable since the beginning of the generation, ok not so much on software but on hardware, they were never wrong. So i think it's safe to say PS4 is undertracked by a good amount

Yes, why not, it's very likely, 360 sold only 123k in the US during Halo 3 FW, then 130k second week, then 130k, then 110k ( but it was mostly october month so more releases to help) based on VGC

Yeah, it's not reliable for software, yet you're using it to say that it outsold Titanfall on 360 (which is, you know, software).

No, it's not likely at all, the 360 was dominating the US far more than the PS4 is now, and it got it's probably most notable exclusive of the gen, in the market were Halo is the very strongest, yet it didn't sell more than 528k (NPD), but you expect the PS4 to beat by 70-170k? Really?

Teeqoz said:
Aerys said:
Teeqoz said:
Aerys said:

I predict 600-700k npd

Yeah, it's not reliable for software, yet you're using it to say that it outsold Titanfall on 360 (which is, you know, software).

No, it's not likely at all, the 360 was dominating the US far more than the PS4 is now, and it got it's probably most notable exclusive of the gen, in the market were Halo is the very strongest, yet it didn't sell more than 528k (NPD), but you expect the PS4 to beat by 70-170k? Really?

Even not using Titanfall 360, it seems obvious it's undertracked, i dont think Titanfall One bundle sold less than 200k this year.

Maybe not september NPD ( because the first week had no big release) , it will be close , but October NPD, it could be yes, if Destiny has legs as system seller like Halo 3 had  ( which seems to be the case ) , and with all the other releases, it could.