By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Comparison of Wii U and Xbox One tracking

Teeqoz said:
eva01beserk said:

I got confused then, I really thought you created the thread. I did read all of it but I must have gotten you mistaken for the creator since Im not good with names(unless boobs are presented with the name). But my comment looses a lot if it was not you, sorry about that. Not assuming you are narcissistic, evryone has theorys that cannot be prooven right or wrong untill way later that it does not matter anymore, even me. Was just trying to say that for the same reasons you cant prove him wrong, he cant proove you wrong. Again, sorry if that sounded insulting.

But the second part of the comment I made, with the other quote, That I do not regret. Like I said I still belive you are right that its overtracked, but not by a lot and the other guy had a really good explanantion as to why. So its not hard for me to see why he stood by his opinion.

But the guy in the second part of the quote wasn't the guy I was arguing with. That was someone else, whom I haven't responded to at all in this thread

I am just out of it today. Just ignore all I said. lol

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
eva01beserk said:
niallyb said:
Some points to consider:

retailers have been keeping much smaller inventories of Wii u because they just didn't expect it to sell. Shipments likely increased after MK8 release and inventory numbers were depleted. This wouldn't show yet in the nintendo figures to June 30.

X1 - We have all seen retailer comments about it not selling like they expected, indicating that they were sitting on a pile of inventory (especially in the EU). Retailer price discounting before the price cut corroborates this. 

That said , its unlikely my theory accounts for the entire difference........

This right here is gold. This is why it can be such a large gap betwen x1 shiped and sold while its such a small gap between wii u. I still belive the wii u is overtracked but not by a lot, 150k tops. While the x1 has to be over tracked a lot more than the 150k adjustment mad the other day. Considering that acording to Tak, it was overtracked in the US alone by 300k, wich is its strongest market, around the world it should be by a lot. I can say without doubt that the x1 is not at 4.5m yet, wii u close to 7m.

Yeah, no. This argument makes no sense, just because the X1 was overtracked in the US (post adjustment it's almost at NPD numbers now), doesn't in any way mean that it has to be overtracked in other markets as well. The Wii U was undertracked in Germany, but is clearly overtracked somewhere else in the world, for example.

No way in hell is the X1 below 4.5 million, MS had shipped 5.1 million of those at the end of March and then at the very least a couple 100k more at the end of June and by now another couple 100k more I'd say, retailers have no reason to hold over a million X1s in stock, that's ridiculous.

Maybe. But keep in mind that demand for the Kinect model is on the floor, so all those skus are still in stores. MS could ship more $400 skus all they want but that wont sell the other ones. So than inventory is almost frozzen on store shelfs and considering the instant drop of sales in may, I can see there being a few hundred K's in stores, While MS keeps shipping new $400 sku's that dont sell right away either so those are also piling up.

Since the x1 is only in 13 countrys I make that to be that a lot of retailers from the other countrys have imported a lot of them to their stores without any demand either, since the x1 only has demand in the US. So even if they count as a purchase in MS's books, since they have been sold by the original retailer, the reality is that all over the world are a lot of x1's on tier 2 and 3 countrys sitting on shelfs, because the demand is so low. All those should not count to the total sold through number.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
DerNebel said:
eva01beserk said:

This right here is gold. This is why it can be such a large gap betwen x1 shiped and sold while its such a small gap between wii u. I still belive the wii u is overtracked but not by a lot, 150k tops. While the x1 has to be over tracked a lot more than the 150k adjustment mad the other day. Considering that acording to Tak, it was overtracked in the US alone by 300k, wich is its strongest market, around the world it should be by a lot. I can say without doubt that the x1 is not at 4.5m yet, wii u close to 7m.

Yeah, no. This argument makes no sense, just because the X1 was overtracked in the US (post adjustment it's almost at NPD numbers now), doesn't in any way mean that it has to be overtracked in other markets as well. The Wii U was undertracked in Germany, but is clearly overtracked somewhere else in the world, for example.

No way in hell is the X1 below 4.5 million, MS had shipped 5.1 million of those at the end of March and then at the very least a couple 100k more at the end of June and by now another couple 100k more I'd say, retailers have no reason to hold over a million X1s in stock, that's ridiculous.

Maybe. But keep in mind that demand for the Kinect model is on the floor, so all those skus are still in stores. MS could ship more $400 skus all they want but that wont sell the other ones. So than inventory is almost frozzen on store shelfs and considering the instant drop of sales in may, I can see there being a few hundred K's in stores, While MS keeps shipping new $400 sku's that dont sell right away either so those are also piling up.

Since the x1 is only in 13 countrys I make that to be that a lot of retailers from the other countrys have imported a lot of them to their stores without any demand either, since the x1 only has demand in the US. So even if they count as a purchase in MS's books, since they have been sold by the original retailer, the reality is that all over the world are a lot of x1's on tier 2 and 3 countrys sitting on shelfs, because the demand is so low. All those should not count to the total sold through number.

How would MS ship all those SKUs if nobody is buying X1s? What store would keep ordering them? And why would retailers import 100s of thousands of X1s to their countries if there's apparently no demand for them there anyway?

The X1 is not below 4.5 million, the thing's sold 1.23 million this year in the US alone (according to NPD until the end of July) and another 70k in Germany until the end of June, that already puts it at 4.3 million, the X1 has easily sold more than 200k in the rest of the world in 2014.

Xbox one is way under track right now. It is at least 5.2- 5.3 million. Retailers can't afford to lose millions of dollars ( almost half a billion dollars) by ordering all these xbox one and no one is buying them. There has to be some kind of demand for xbox ones for retailers to keep ordering them.

Wii U isn't overtracked. Xbone might be slightly undertracked, but quite frankly, what is there on it so far that people would actually want? There is no "must have" games on the system yet, I'm surprised it's sold around 5 million already as it is. It's not that big of a mystery at all.

Around the Network

Sold numbers are from the closest VGC week:
Shipped/sold/gap 2012-12-31: 3.06/2.23 (0.83)
Shipped/sold/gap 2013-03-31: 3.45/2.82 (0.63)
Shipped/sold/gap 2012-06-30: 3.61/3.16 (0.45)
Shipped/sold/gap 2013-09-30: 3.91/3.53 (0.38)
Shipped/sold/gap 2013-12-31: 5.86/5.27 (0.59)
Shipped/sold/gap 2014-03-31: 6.17/5.90 (0.27)
Shipped/sold/gap 2014-06-30: 6.68/6.60 (0.08)

It's over tracked for sure going by past numbers, but only by 200-350k, not 500-900k like some are saying.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

DevilRising said:
Wii U isn't overtracked. Xbone might be slightly undertracked, but quite frankly, what is there on it so far that people would actually want? There is no "must have" games on the system yet, I'm surprised it's sold around 5 million already as it is. It's not that big of a mystery at all.

In your opinion entirely. Plenty of people evidently disagree.

WiiU is overtracked.

Never mind. I misinterpreted what the OP meant.

I would say: Is it a really big deal? What matters are the number from today and the Wii U did have a sales spike with MK8.

Seece said:
DevilRising said:

In your opinion entirely. Plenty of people evidently disagree.

WiiU is overtracked.

we know that silly

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

It was overtracked in US and undertracked in europe, meaning it was spot on. now europe was adjusted up but US wasn't adjusted down, so it's very slightly overtracked.