By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Comparison of Wii U and Xbox One tracking

Wha-huh? I thought that Xbox figure in April was units SHIPPED, not SOLD...

Around the Network
Shootdatrupee said:
Wha-huh? I thought that Xbox figure in April was units SHIPPED, not SOLD...

It is shipped.

Yes, he next batch of shipments will be very interesting!!

DerNebel said:
Symbios63 said:
Wasn't there a thread a few days ago suggesting that, based on NPD, mediacreate and official sold numbers in europe, the WiiU is unlikely to be overtracked by more 100-200k ?

Isn't that better evidence than shipped vs VGC numbers ? (genuinely asking)

200k seems like a decent guess I'd say, but that thread wasn't really better evidence since it only had data for the US, Japan, France and Germany I think.

Ok thanks. There was data for most of the big markets in the other thread though (except UK where I agree WiiU may be overtracked).

Anyway, from data we have WiiU can be anywhere between very slightly (50-100k) to mildly (200-300k) overtracked.

Concerning XBO, the difference between shipped and sold sure is strangely huge. But here again, I think it's overtracked in the US based on NPD...That would mean it is massively undertracked in Europe where XBO does not seem to do good based on the (limited) indicators we have... Do we know if the 5 million shipped include the new countrys XBO has to launch in ?

Symbios63 said:
DerNebel said:
Symbios63 said:
Wasn't there a thread a few days ago suggesting that, based on NPD, mediacreate and official sold numbers in europe, the WiiU is unlikely to be overtracked by more 100-200k ?

Isn't that better evidence than shipped vs VGC numbers ? (genuinely asking)

200k seems like a decent guess I'd say, but that thread wasn't really better evidence since it only had data for the US, Japan, France and Germany I think.

Ok thanks. There was data for most of the big markets in the other thread though (except UK where I agree WiiU may be overtracked).

Anyway, from data we have WiiU can be anywhere between very slightly (50-100k) to mildly (200-300k) overtracked.

Concerning XBO, the difference between shipped and sold sure is strangely huge. But here again, I think it's overtracked in the US based on NPD...That would mean it is massively undertracked in Europe where XBO does not seem to do good based on the (limited) indicators we have... Do we know if the 5 million shipped include the new countrys XBO has to launch in ?

The 5 million shipped number for the X1 is from April, so it doesn't include the new countries, with the X1 we have to consider that MS stated at the end of March that they will slow down production of the system since there was a lot of stock at retailers that had to be sold first, so a big difference between shipped and sold isn't that surprising there.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Cobretti2 said:
Teeqoz said:

Because it has only shipped 80k more than it sold, which is nigh impossible. It's normal for a console to have shipped 400-500k more than it sold, and in the Xbox Ones case it had an immense overship in Q1 so that number got higher than normal ( but I won't rule out the possibility of a slight XBO undertrack).

Also, I obviously reported you for insulting other users.

Normal yes. However Wii U is not a normal situation. The console is selling so bad do you think retailers would take so much excess stock upfront these days?

I reackon for Wii U it be close to 250K tops.

But the gap in shipped/sold is only 80k. And that doesn't even take in account that shipped consoles usually takes ~ 1 month to arrive at stores, which means that of those 6,68 million, perhaps only 6,64 million (and I'm being generous) had actually arrived to stores at that point in time.

Let's not forget that only 20k of those 80k are supposedly on shelves outside of Japan...lol. So Japan, where WiiU sells about 8-12k per week, has 60k on shelves but the rest of the world, where it sells around 40-50k per week, has only 20k on shelves (less than half a week)...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

niallyb said:

As an aside - the Nintendo report has the Wii at 101.15million WW and 896 million software units sold (VG has 878million to Aug 23).

Wii U software: The nintendo report says 44 million. VG chartz says 28. Can the difference ALL be the eshop?

The biggest gap though is in 3DS software. The nintendo report as of Jun 30 has 171 million games sold. VG has 143.7 as of Aug. That's a pretty big gap.

Nintendo's own forecast for Wii U is 10.5 million by March 31.  I think they'll do that by christmas.

No, the 16m software is both digital sales and what they have on shelves around the world.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DerNebel said:
PigPen said:
Teeqoz said:
PigPen said:

This thread is full with people talking out their rear-end. I'm still waiting for a link as to where you getting your information from. This is not a hobby, report me. Till then I want to see proof.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

just check the shipment figure there. The only one talking out of their rear-end here is you.

Edit : incase you don't trust wikipedia, here's nintendos official financial report:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140730e.pdf

shipment numbers are on page seven.

What, you're a parrot.  You say the exact same thing I say.  I read it, what did you read?

Geez, the irony of your posts in this thread is brilliant, calling other people dense while displaying such a huge lack of understanding of the subject at hand is hilarious.

OT: Don't know about the X1 but the Wii U is overtracked clear as day, especially if you consider that 60k of the 80k supposed worldwide stock are located in Japan.

dernebel xbone was undertracked,i made a thread with a mistake in undertracking number( i owe it to a bad npd thread...grrrrr),at least forced ioi to reduce it!now is on spot! 

Seece said:

i forgot to answer you ,yesterday :P! nintendo could overship...:P would you be surprised,if it does?:Pyou had said me that nintendo shippefd 810K GC in the same time frame,cant do the same with wii u :P?

tak13 said:
Seece said:

i forgot to answer you ,yesterday :P! nintendo could overship...:P would you be surprised,if it does?:Pyou had said me that nintendo shippefd 810K GC in the same time frame,cant do the same with wii u :P?

No, since WiiU is even behind GC. Maybe 600-700k is possible.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com