By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 v XB1: 6 million lead by October 1st?

It could wind up being close. Wouldn't put money on it but it wouldn't surprise me.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Well that seems kinda of unlikely to me. Yes PS4 has the Destiny boost, but Destiny will boost XB1 as well (just not as much), plus there's XB1's tier 2 launch to take into account, we're looking at a likely couple hundred k between those tier 2 countries during September. It'll be quite the challenge to sell 900k more than Xbox One during September.

It is very improbable that XOne will sell a couple hundred K in Tier 2 countries in just one month, when it's barely at that number in Germany or France after 9 months. And each if those two markets is about the size of the entire Tier 2 contingent. 

XOne will receive a very minor boost, it will not even be noticed come October, as it could be attributed more to Destiny, FIFA or Forza Horizon than to the magic of hundreds of thousands of XOne fans patiently waiting for an official launch, instead of picking the console up during the past 9 months that it's been on their shelves available to buy anyway.

I don't think it will.

No not quite.

Like others though I have been following the Destiny bundle on the Amazon US store and can't wait to see how much it sells launch week and how high it climbs in the yearly bestsellers list.

DD_Bwest said:
Zanten said:
On a somewhat related note, PS4's White Destiny bundle's finally cracked the Amazon Top 100 Sales of 2014 list! =O (To be clear, the list that details TOTAL sales in 2014, not the 'trending at the moment' list. It was at 98 yesterday, checked just now and it's bumped up to 94. We still have about a week or two before the console even hits, so- unless there are some spots on the list separated by particularly large gaps- looks like there's good times ahead. :3

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/2014/videogames#5

I see im not the only one tracking that lol  i guess ill share this :P

Amazon spot in top 100            VGC YTD US Sales
>100 now -   NBA2K14 - ps4          241,588
99 -   Lego marvals -360                   288,242
96 - yoshis new island - 3ds                   213,557
95 - BF4 - 360                                         462,242
94 - DESTINY BUNDLE PS4!!!!!          ??
91 - Kirby triple delux                           232,700
89 -  stick of truth 360                            307,830

its now at 90. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

its now at 90. 

yup, it seems to update at 2pm.   although im not sure if they do it sat/sundays aswell.     should be interesting to see where it is come mid week next week.

i really think 800-million could be possble for that week worldwide,   even if it takes ioi 8 months to adjust the numbers lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
CosmicSex said:

its now at 90. 

yup, it seems to update at 2pm.   although im not sure if they do it sat/sundays aswell.     should be interesting to see where it is come mid week next week.

i really think 800-million could be possble for that week worldwide,   even if it takes ioi 8 months to adjust the numbers lol

Thats alot of consoles for one week :P

2008ProchargedGT said:

It is, but its also a global number.   the launch of a white console that comes attached with a hot game lol   the bundle is tracking very well, and when you add to them a week of larger sales to the regular sku, it really starts to add up.  my prediction is 350-400k for north america,  same for europe.   The rest of the world will take it past the 800k mark lol

I could be way over, but i like to stay positive ;)

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

It is, but its also a global number.   the launch of a white console that comes attached with a hot game lol   the bundle is tracking very well, and when you add to them a week of larger sales to the regular sku, it really starts to add up.  my prediction is 350-400k for north america,  same for europe.   The rest of the world will take it past the 800k mark lol

I could be way over, but i like to stay positive ;)

Read your number again. I lso think 800k is possible.  800million not so much XD

By 1 October:

PS4: little less than 12 million.
XO: little less than 6 million.

I don't know.
Possible.