By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 v XB1: 6 million lead by October 1st?

Aura7541 said:

Oh man... PS4 vs X1 is already lopsided for this month. It's going to be a bloodbath next month!!

yup,    destiny week could very well see 300k bundles for each NA and Europe at launch,  add on the regular sku boost the game will cause, and the fact its a 5 week month.. lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

My guess would be late october to mid november.

DD_Bwest said:
Zanten said:
On a somewhat related note, PS4's White Destiny bundle's finally cracked the Amazon Top 100 Sales of 2014 list! =O (To be clear, the list that details TOTAL sales in 2014, not the 'trending at the moment' list. It was at 98 yesterday, checked just now and it's bumped up to 94. We still have about a week or two before the console even hits, so- unless there are some spots on the list separated by particularly large gaps- looks like there's good times ahead. :3

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/2014/videogames#5

I see im not the only one tracking that lol  i guess ill share this :P

Amazon spot in top 100            VGC YTD US Sales
>100 now -   NBA2K14 - ps4          241,588
99 -   Lego marvals -360                   288,242
96 - yoshis new island - 3ds                   213,557
95 - BF4 - 360                                         462,242
94 - DESTINY BUNDLE PS4!!!!!          ??
91 - Kirby triple delux                           232,700
89 -  stick of truth 360                            307,830

Considering the potential for variation on the list, probably no way to make even an educated guess. xD Not many other listings to compare and see if the bundle is tracking as highly in other retailers, so Amazon could very well be a positive outlier. Still, if its position DOES have any correlation to its sales figures, between 200k and 250k pre-orders at this very moment in the U.S. alone miiiight be a safe bet, lowballing it to factor in any potential unavailability-for-preorder in other stores, compared to a typical game release. Given the spike that is BF4, though, could be higher. xP Any bets?

(Also, took a glance at the flavor-of-the-hour list, and interestingly the Destiny bundle is ABOVE the base PS4 console for the first time in... a good long while. xD Though it's in part because the PS4 is a bit lower down the list than usual. Too late in the month for my starry-eyed first prediction to have a hope in hell of coming true, but oh well!)

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:

Considering the potential for variation on the list, probably no way to make even an educated guess. xD Not many other listings to compare and see if the bundle is tracking as highly in other retailers, so Amazon could very well be a positive outlier. Still, if its position DOES have any correlation to its sales figures, between 200k and 250k pre-orders at this very moment in the U.S. alone miiiight be a safe bet, lowballing it to factor in any potential unavailability-for-preorder in other stores, compared to a typical game release. Given the spike that is BF4, though, could be higher. xP Any bets?

(Also, took a glance at the flavor-of-the-hour list, and interestingly the Destiny bundle is ABOVE the base PS4 console for the first time in... a good long while. xD Though it's in part because the PS4 is a bit lower down the list than usual. Too late in the month for my starry-eyed first prediction to have a hope in hell of coming true, but oh well!)

its hard to make any accurate guess yes lol  but a ball park is possible.   the lowest and highest on the list is behind it lol   Since the bundle came out it never once fell past 25,  so needless to say it never fall behind the xb1 on amazon lol I figured if it stayed bove it for 3 months,  it should in theory sell atleast as many lol   the madden bundle screwed up things lol.   now im going to chart it with the games it passes and use VGC numbers.   lol right now it could be anywhere between 215k-330k lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
Zanten said:
On a somewhat related note, PS4's White Destiny bundle's finally cracked the Amazon Top 100 Sales of 2014 list! =O (To be clear, the list that details TOTAL sales in 2014, not the 'trending at the moment' list. It was at 98 yesterday, checked just now and it's bumped up to 94. We still have about a week or two before the console even hits, so- unless there are some spots on the list separated by particularly large gaps- looks like there's good times ahead. :3

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/2014/videogames#5

I see im not the only one tracking that lol  i guess ill share this :P

Amazon spot in top 100            VGC YTD US Sales
>100 now -   NBA2K14 - ps4          241,588
99 -   Lego marvals -360                   288,242
96 - yoshis new island - 3ds                   213,557
95 - BF4 - 360                                         462,242
94 - DESTINY BUNDLE PS4!!!!!          ??
91 - Kirby triple delux                           232,700
89 -  stick of truth 360                            307,830

Very interesting... I think its safe to say that its at about 200k and will probably gain another 100k before launch. 

Around the Network

Because of Xbox One launch in tier 2 countries I find this a bit difficult. But the way the PS4 Destiny bundle is charting on amazon best seller and even on gamestop best seller, there is a tiny chance that this might happen.

Wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

I seriously find it hard to believe Destiny will push any Xb1's Ps4 has better exclusives for it and the game will preform better/did preform better in the beta. Sure those that already bought a xb1 and not a ps4 will likely buy the game on xb1, or it's just as likely they finally become convinced to buy a ps4 and use destiny as an excuse. For gamers that haven't bought either yet I find it hard to believe they would choose the inferior version that comes with less stuff. Considering those Sony exclusives I think it's more likely Destiny will sell more ps3's then Xb1's.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

shikamaru317 said:
Well that seems kinda of unlikely to me. Yes PS4 has the Destiny boost, but Destiny will boost XB1 as well (just not as much), plus there's XB1's tier 2 launch to take into account, we're looking at a likely couple hundred k between those tier 2 countries during September. It'll be quite the challenge to sell 900k more than Xbox One during September.

Tier 2 countries wont do a couple hundred k, the X1 will be DOA. As for Destiny, it'll provide a small boost but I don't see it doing much. It's being marketed as a PS4 game. It'll sell very well to current X1 owners, it's just not going to bring many new owners in.

My forecast is more than 6m gap by 15-31 october.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.