By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata lays down the law with DLC on Nintendo Platforms – ‘We will not Deceive with DLC’

David_Hernandeez said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
David_Hernandeez said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
That's a load of BS. If they made a full game then they would used the max amount of data that can be stored on the disc. Its common sense people

You know if Mario Kart 8 was 1gb on a 25gb disc with the same content wouldn't be a full game?  When they make a project they have limited Money, Time and maybe in this case more presure from Nintendo, This dlc could be on the disc but the game would be release it on may 2015!!

Limited time, money and etc when you going to learn that big companies have all the resources, time and etc they need to do the job? Most nintendo games are cheaply made compared to the average game, so money isn't the issue, time?  All they got to do is work harder or hire more people. DLC shouldn't be allow unless they maxed out how much the disc can hold and I'm wouldn't be surprised if half their games don't even make the disc 50% full. DLC is clearly delayed projects they delayed on purpose to get extra money from you because they know you are   gullible enough to buy into it. If nintendo was working so hard then the wii u wouldn't be dying.

Lets fill all the 25gb with garbage, it doenst matter if is good content the game will be awesome and full because you know the Disc now is 100% full :)

You can fill 25GB with good content and you know it. Quit acting like it won't work

Started gaming on PS3 3/6/14 :)

Around the Network

Iwata and Miyamoto are on fire! Everything from them lately has been music to my ears. Now they just need to announce Metroid.

Its good that there saying this, but it doesn't ring entirely true, Mario Golf certainly felt like it had levels chopped out just to sell as DLC as it only came with 3 courses in the main mode.

MoHasanie said:
That's good news. But the way MK8's DLC is reportedly selling, we will probably see Nintendo games have much more DLC in the future.

How is it selling? Have i missed any numbers?

Switch!!!

Sounds good. That's how DLC is supposed to be done.

Around the Network

Is their any dev that stated that they will cut some of their game to make it DLC?

Nintendo living in the past again. DLC IS THA FUTURE

GamechaserBE said:
Is their any dev that stated that they will cut some of their game to make it DLC?

Are you waiting for devs to tell you "we thiought you where getting too much content with this, so you got to pay us a little more for this thing we took out. Why you ask? because we deserve more money from our hard work".  Keep dreaming buddy, they have all done it and EA is the king of that.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

KylieDog said:
Every dev says this.

Yep.  Nintendo are following suit and being treated like heroes for it.

Sure, Luigi U was a great deal since it was an extra game, but the Mario Kart DLC could have been included in the original game.  I can't wait for more and more Mario Kart DLC... 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

eva01beserk said:
GamechaserBE said:

Are you waiting for devs to tell you "we thiought you where getting too much content with this, so you got to pay us a little more for this thing we took out. Why you ask? because we deserve more money from our hard work".  Keep dreaming buddy, they have all done it and EA is the king of that.

That is the point, Iwata says what every dev says but doesn't mean anything.