By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8's DLC influence any further Downloadable Content from other devs?

What do you think will happen?

EA is getting nervous 26 40.00%

Ubisoft will stop microtransactions 2 3.08%

Everyone will get good DLC for decent prices 16 24.62%

See Results 21 32.31%

Total:65
Roma said:

once consumers see what Nintendo has as DLC they will realize they have been cheated on with content worth less than it is by other devs. They will either stop buying unless more is added or keep on being idiots and suck on whatever is given to them

lol No. America will never stop to buy EA's DLC. Never

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

No, they will get worse as long as consumers are willing to pay for it.

Everything will continue being as shitty as ever!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

What's special about this dlc?

Nintendo has the power to set a standard on DLC pricing in a way almost no one else can. They're competitive on content/$ -- it'll prompt others to stay competitive

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

How is nintendo coming into the fold supposed to change anything for other developers?

Raziel123 said:

Dunno if your referring that question to the opening, cuz i have no answer. That said this DLC is a very huge thing overall though.

Yeah this will not stop them. Nintendo's design philosophy is great but it doesn't endanger them any, most of the big DLC/Microtransaction companies don't do business on Nitnendo's consoles anyways. And if it would of caused change it would have been when Fire Emblem came out.

I could see Ubisoft being influenced, but it's highly unlikely. EA on the other hand will continue doing what they do.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Raziel123 said:

cheap as hell. Best dlc ever. 

Click HERE and be happy