By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8's DLC influence any further Downloadable Content from other devs?

What do you think will happen?

EA is getting nervous 26 40.00%

Ubisoft will stop microtransactions 2 3.08%

Everyone will get good DLC for decent prices 16 24.62%

See Results 21 32.31%

Total:65
fleischr said:
Nintendo has the power to set a standard on DLC pricing in a way almost no one else can. They're competitive on content/$ -- it'll prompt others to stay competitive

Sorry, but they don't really have that power.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Raziel123 said:
What's special about this dlc?

cheap as hell. Best dlc ever. 

I've seen better value before and it didn't change anything, i don't know why this one would change

If you were to ask your typical COD player if they'd rather pay 15 bucks for 2 maps or this DLC they'll say the 2 maps because COD > Nintendo "kiddy stuff" (not my words)

ea has made a billion dollar this year already with dlc, they will change when the consumers change, not when nitendo does something

Raziel123 said:
EricFabian said:
Raziel123 said:
What's special about this dlc?

cheap as hell. Best dlc ever. 

I've seen better value before and it didn't change anything, i don't know why this one would change

If you were to ask your typical COD player if they'd rather pay 15 bucks for 2 maps or this DLC they'll say the 2 maps because COD > Nintendo "kiddy stuff" (not my words)

So I'm gonna ask to YOU: tell me one with better value. NIntendo is selling another half game for just $12. I don't remember any DLC that cheap.

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:

So I'm gonna ask to YOU: tell me one with better value. NIntendo is selling another half game for just $12. I don't remember any DLC that cheap.

half game? It's just tracks and racers

Guerrilla has released 8 maps and 1 game mode for free on Killzone Shadow Fall

3 weeks from now i'll be receiving free DLC for Shadowrun Returns which includes 5 new missions, alternate story endings, overhauled turn based combat, new interface, 10 new music tracks and a free OST with all music for base game + expansion

For Dawn of war 2 i remember getting a whole new game mode for free (The Last Stand)

There were several other examples, specially on PC.

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
EricFabian said:

half game? It's just tracks and racers

Guerrilla has released 8 maps and 1 game mode for free on Killzone Shadow Fall

3 weeks from now i'll be receiving free DLC for Shadowrun Returns which includes 5 new missions, alternate story endings, overhauled turn based combat, new interface, 10 new music tracks and a free OST with all music for base game + expansion

For Dawn of war 2 i remember getting a whole new game mode for free (The Last Stand)

There were several other examples, specially on PC.

Yes. Half game. 8 new cups and 6 new characters. We are talking about paid DLC's. 

Also I can use your own words: It's just maps for Killzone, just new missions, etc

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:

Yes. Half game. 8 new cups and 6 new characters. We are talking about paid DLC's. 

Also I can use your own words: It's just maps for Killzone, just new missions, etc

I didn't call them half games did I?

And it's better cause it's paid? ok.

I think the MK8 DLC is great value but no, I don't think EA even gives a shit.

tbone51 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Wait what's the difference? I mean its a good value (I just preordered the 2 pack) but it's also judged differently from an adventure game like AC

How about NSLU? Is that a better comparison? (just asking^^)

Still doesn't really answer my question.  It's just DLC with a good value it's been done before.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Raziel123 said:
EricFabian said:

I didn't call them half games did I?

And it's better cause it's paid? ok.

no, it's not better because is paid. It just has the better value to date. Just it

Click HERE and be happy