By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Splatoon: "If it were mario, we wouldn't be able to create a new IP"

don´t worry my friends..

mario, yoshi, donkey, link, etc.. will be included in this game by DLCs...

Around the Network

Good to see them making some (or atleast 1) new IP!
I hope they will do that more often from now on!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Because a character skin determines whether an IP is new or not....

cheryl said:

don´t worry my friends..

mario, yoshi, donkey, link, etc.. will be included in this game by DLCs...

No F.L.U.D.D.!? Psssshhhhtt!

Clyde32 said:
Mad55 said:
Glad they went with this approach. Let the guy rest. also is this page broken.

?

Lol when I first tried to post the page was split weird, its not doing it anymore. 

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Cobretti2 said:

you'd be the only person. THose abominations is what makes the concept more interesting and qwerky.

No. The ink is. If they were replaced with Mario characters with paintballs, it would have way more attention, and the characters wouldn't look stupid.

what is wrong with the ink? you can transform into a squid to swim in it to move around faster. That is the qwerky part of it that makes it a bit different to the other FPS.

Glad it turned out this way, I'm ok on Mraio games. They're cool, but I got plenty. And they can't and shouldn't rely on Mario so much. Splatoon looks cool in its own right, so *shrug*

I could tell from the trailer that it had something to do with Mario Sunshine...Hopefully we won't be getting a sequel to that game cause what we need is Galaxy 3!

At this point a new IP does more for their image than another Mario game.
Short term loss, long term gain.

Cobretti2 said:

what is wrong with the ink? you can transform into a squid to swim in it to move around faster. That is the qwerky part of it that makes it a bit different to the other FPS.

I never say anything was wrong with the ink. I said there's something wrong with the squid abominations. They look stupid. You could have literally everything you discribed and still call the game Mario.