By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XB1 below 50k this week

foodfather said:
How many markets is the Xbox One released in?

10 too many.

Around the Network
Burek said:
foodfather said:
How many markets is the Xbox One released in?

10 too many.

This.

This is funny.

WiiU-Dude said:
NewGuy said:
WiiU-Dude said:

On another thread, I tried to tell a guy that Xbox One will never recover fully there. The Wii U will win the 2nd console prize in Europe. Xbox One will eventually recapture 2nd by a wide margin in America. We all know the console market is and will continue to track weak overall. Once a couple key Japanese centric games release on PS4 it will over take Wii U. Xbox One will again be nonexistent in Japan. While I love all systems, this is coming from a Nintendo diehard.

I'm not convinced the PS4 will overtake the WiiU in Japan unless Sony can get MH5 and DQVIIIR/DQX/DQXI combo. FF has lost a LOT of its appeal and I'm not sure XV is enough for it to get its mojo back. KH is a big question mark on how it'll do at this point.

I wrote about this on the thread asking if Sony has lost Japan. I said it was Nintendo's to lose. However, I do believe the Japanese game market is simply waiting for a real reason to buy the PS4. They aren't that far behind the Wii U on weak titles, once something meaningful releases they likely will over take Wii U. I think if Nintendo would do something substantial with Pokemon for Wii u and I don't mean Pokken - though that will be fun.

What thread is that?

teigaga said:
alabtrosMyster said:

Yes, the PS3 is about to catch up to the XB1 in weekly sales!

It happens often that the XB1 is below 50k a week, there are even weeks where it's around 35k... those who think this is a sure shot that it will over sell the Wii U over its lifetime are overly optimistic, there are real chances if it never reaching second position (however I would not bet the other way around either).

Its still a pretty sure bet. Remember the Wii U  dropped to 20k during its lowest weeks... Respectively the Xbox is doing more then 2x what the Wii U was doing, if you pay close attention to sales, you really wouldn't put any bets on the Wii U being second. Obon week and a Major release gave the Wii U a 8k boost in Japan last week and that has since faded based mediacreate's data. The system sales is continually falling in Europe just like the Xbox's and its about fall below 20k in USA.

The Xbox and Wii U will be 5k apart next week and the Xbox Hasn't had a flagship release since Watchdogs or an exclusive since March. Do you really think its gonna stay behind the Wii U Wordwide? Lets imagine that when it launches in all territories in september they add an additional 3k to its baseline, the Wii U's lead will mostly be diminshed without the Xbox having had any new games. Finally we know for a fact Destiny, Madden, Fifa, Assassins Creed, Sunset Overdrive are all gonna have some positive effect on its baseline between september and october. Whether its 10k or 50k boost we don't yet know, but it won't take much for it to surpass the Wii U again. Beyonetta may push some systems but otherwise we're waiting till November for the WIi U to see another significant push in terms of hardware.

This summer will be the Xbox One's lowest just look at the games coming out.... In short its really not surprising that one systems lowest baseline (Xbox One 45k), is slightly below another systems highest (Wii U 60k) 

Because the wii u only has that game coming out, right? The thing is that all those games you think will bump x1 are multyplats that generaly dont help the x1, so even if  a bump is seen it wont be significant. Reasons are that they will sell great software on the consoles already purchased, but people interested on that game will not pick up the inferior console, for the same price to get that game.

Now everybody knows exclusives move a lot more hardware then multiplats. So even if sunset overdrive looks bleek and wont move much, and everybody interested in halo MCC probably already bought the console, they will still move a lot more hardware then multiplats, even that huge list of multiplats combined won move more hardware than these 3 exclusives combined. This is where the wii u will shine. When the x1 releases those 3 games sunset overdrive, halo, quantom brake, that are all shooters atracting the same audience, the wii u will release sonic,smash,bayonneta,hyrule wariors, mario kart, camptain toad, mario maker, devils third, skylanders, and more than I remember, and since exclusives move more hardware, even niche titles like some think to brand nintendo games, they will have a lot more positive affect on hardware then the x1.

So no, the x1 is likely to dip below 40k, while the wii u will be over 80k next year. The holiday boost will come crashing down on january for the x1, so it will be more humiliating.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Aerys said:
Ka-pi96 said:
It is only a temporary thing. Soon the Xbox One will be lighting up the charts again

No, Xbox One lighting up the charts will be the temporary thing, after christmas, it will go back to these numbers until next christmas...

Except Q1/Q2 2015 are looking pretty good so far, it should be able to keep up way above current sales then.

Why? Havent you realise by now that multyplats dont move x1's? Next year will be the sadest year for the x1. One exclusive alone untill the holidays. It will be below 30k at some weeks, maybe most.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Ka-pi96 said:
eva01beserk said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Except Q1/Q2 2015 are looking pretty good so far, it should be able to keep up way above current sales then.

Why? Havent you realise by now that multyplats dont move x1's? Next year will be the sadest year for the x1. One exclusive alone untill the holidays. It will be below 30k at some weeks, maybe most.

Except for the part where they do... Multiplats have always given Xbox One a boost as well as the PS4. Ok, some recent ones such as Watch Dogs and probably Destiny gave/will give PS4 a bigger boost but they do have exclusive PS content and marketing yet still give the Xbox One a boost as well. When the multiplats with equal marketing or even Xbox exclusive stuff release the boosts will be much closer for both consoles.

LOL always... theres only been like one and its WDs.

Oh man. It's outsold 3 to 1 this week. That's gotta hurt.

Even Wii U is outselling. Not good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

eva01beserk said:
teigaga said:

Its still a pretty sure bet. Remember the Wii U  dropped to 20k during its lowest weeks... Respectively the Xbox is doing more then 2x what the Wii U was doing, if you pay close attention to sales, you really wouldn't put any bets on the Wii U being second. Obon week and a Major release gave the Wii U a 8k boost in Japan last week and that has since faded based mediacreate's data. The system sales is continually falling in Europe just like the Xbox's and its about fall below 20k in USA.

The Xbox and Wii U will be 5k apart next week and the Xbox Hasn't had a flagship release since Watchdogs or an exclusive since March. Do you really think its gonna stay behind the Wii U Wordwide? Lets imagine that when it launches in all territories in september they add an additional 3k to its baseline, the Wii U's lead will mostly be diminshed without the Xbox having had any new games. Finally we know for a fact Destiny, Madden, Fifa, Assassins Creed, Sunset Overdrive are all gonna have some positive effect on its baseline between september and october. Whether its 10k or 50k boost we don't yet know, but it won't take much for it to surpass the Wii U again. Beyonetta may push some systems but otherwise we're waiting till November for the WIi U to see another significant push in terms of hardware.

This summer will be the Xbox One's lowest just look at the games coming out.... In short its really not surprising that one systems lowest baseline (Xbox One 45k), is slightly below another systems highest (Wii U 60k) 

Because the wii u only has that game coming out, right? The thing is that all those games you think will bump x1 are multyplats that generaly dont help the x1, (1)so even if  a bump is seen it wont be significant. Reasons are that they will sell great software on the consoles already purchased, (2) but people interested on that game will not pick up the inferior console, for the same price to get that game.

Now everybody knows exclusives move a lot more hardware then multiplats. So even if sunset overdrive looks bleek and wont move much, and (3)everybody interested in halo MCC probably already bought the console, they will still move a lot more hardware then multiplats, even that huge list of multiplats combined won move more hardware than these 3 exclusives combined. This is where the wii u will shine. When the x1 releases those 3 games sunset overdrive, halo, quantom brake, that are all shooters atracting the same audience, (4) the wii u will release sonic,smash,bayonneta,hyrule wariors, mario kart, camptain toad, mario maker, devils third, skylanders, and more than I remember, and since exclusives move more hardware, even niche titles like some think to brand nintendo games, they will have a lot more positive affect on hardware then the x1.

So no, the x1 is likely to dip below 40k, while the wii u will be over 80k next year. The holiday boost will come crashing down on january for the x1, so it will be more humiliating.

1. As I said the Xbox won't need a significant bump to start outpacing the Wii U.

2.Yes, some will. They are called Xbox Fans and they exist, even if many are shifting to PS4.  For example Watchdogs provided a 27% boost to Xbox One sales (also available on 360 and Ps4), Imagine that but on an almost weekly basis because thats how often big releases are going to be occuring on Xbox starting september. Also AC is next gen exclusive and COD comes with a pretty impressive bundle.

3. lol, thats like saying everybody who was interested in Mario Kart probably bought a Wii U at launch. Silly.

4. Remember how many systems Pikmin 3 sold, or Wonderful 101, or Sonic Lost Worlds? Oh right, they didn't sell much at all. The only game on that list is a garunteed system seller is Smash Bros. I will bet sooo much money that Assassins Creed and COD pushes more systems then pretty much all of those exclusives bar Smash Bros.

P.S: Devils 3rd looks so bad, I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea tha the game will sell...