By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XB1 below 50k this week

StarOcean said:
ExplodingBlock said:
StarOcean said:
Is this bad or been the average for a while? I havent payed close attention to X1 for a bit of time.

It was usually around 50-60k most of the summer so this not that good

Ah. Has it been tracking ahead of the Wii U or below it in the same time period?

I don't recall there being a time this summer that XB1 has outsold Wii U but the gap is usually pretty small, sometimes it would be like

Wii U: 59k

XB1: 54k

But this the biggest gap between the two I have seen with Wii U in the lead but that is expected since HW launched in JP this week

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
StarOcean said:
ExplodingBlock said:
StarOcean said:
Is this bad or been the average for a while? I havent payed close attention to X1 for a bit of time.

It was usually around 50-60k most of the summer so this not that good

Ah. Has it been tracking ahead of the Wii U or below it in the same time period?

I don't recall there being a time this summer that XB1 has outsold Wii U but the gap is usually pretty small, sometimes it would be like

Wii U: 59k

XB1: 54k

But this the biggest gap between the two I have seen with Wii U in the lead but that is expected since HW launched in JP this week

Ah so not too much better. Alright, thanks for the info!

jakemania said:
leo-j said:
399 xbox one.. now a 399 xbox one with a free game.. we'll see if the bundles do anything

XBox One has been bundled with various free games pretty much since it first came out. I'm wondering if the latest PSN attack will have any affect on sales numbers or if Destiny's nearing release will help buffer any impact from that... I keep waiting for the PS4 numbers to drop, but have been impressed with the consistency. It's too bad Sony doesn't bundle a free game with the console like Microsoft does, though I understand why their reasoning seeing as how well the PS4 is selling by itself.

I think the fact that the console is selling so well is more reason to bundle it with a free game. Kind of like a thank you I guess. Or maybe a free retail game on PSN. That would be cool. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Aura7541 said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Playstation_prophet said:
US PS4 outsold Xbox One worldwide? I'm gonna pass on my Xbox purchase this gen and go PS4 only. Maybe pick up a WiiU later on.

imo PS4+ Wii U is best combo

Definitely agree with this notion.

But with this combo you can't play all the great X1 exclusives :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

jakemania said:
leo-j said:
399 xbox one.. now a 399 xbox one with a free game.. we'll see if the bundles do anything

XBox One has been bundled with various free games pretty much since it first came out. I'm wondering if the latest PSN attack will have any affect on sales numbers or if Destiny's nearing release will help buffer any impact from that... I keep waiting for the PS4 numbers to drop, but have been impressed with the consistency. It's too bad Sony doesn't bundle a free game with the console like Microsoft does, though I understand why their reasoning seeing as how well the PS4 is selling by itself.

with xperia falling apart again, Playstation may be the only truely successful thing at sony right now....

mM
Around the Network
vivster said:
Aura7541 said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Playstation_prophet said:
US PS4 outsold Xbox One worldwide? I'm gonna pass on my Xbox purchase this gen and go PS4 only. Maybe pick up a WiiU later on.

imo PS4+ Wii U is best combo

Definitely agree with this notion.

If you have 1100$ to spend on all the consoles be my guest!

alabtrosMyster said:

Yes, the PS3 is about to catch up to the XB1 in weekly sales!

It happens often that the XB1 is below 50k a week, there are even weeks where it's around 35k... those who think this is a sure shot that it will over sell the Wii U over its lifetime are overly optimistic, there are real chances if it never reaching second position (however I would not bet the other way around either).

Yeah I still think it will overtake the Wii U, but it isn't gonna happen nearly as soon as I thought it would.

ExplodingBlock said:
vivster said:

If you have 1100$ to spend on all the consoles be my guest!

I already spent 700 and have 400 to spare. The problem is I don't have enough room anymore :(

I could pack in my PS3 for good but it doesn't feel right.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wii U has 2nd place

I'm starting to wonder if the xbox one really is going to outsell the wiiU.