By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 16th August HW up; + adjustments; PS4 at 9.9M

Well, I can understand the sometimes heavy handed moderation...these threads get NASTY some days! (and I have been just as guilty as anyone here of perpetuating it)

Basically, the best thing to do is to point out facts when others use opinions or wishful thinking, and when they get vile, abusive, or make otherwise moronic comments, just leave them be. They look foolish enough without anyone pointing it out.

It took me a while, but then I realized, I can get my point across without being a total douche about it, and I don't really have to engage in pointless arguments with people who will NEVER come around to my point of view anyway!

I enjoy debate...which is why I post here frequently...but there are enough intelligent, open minded people to talk with here that it's really not necessary to "feed the trolls".

Around the Network

This weeks Mario Kart 8 numbers were adjusted up around 1K

benji232 said:
Smear-Gel said:
benji232 said:
And wiiU is going to drop like a rock next week to sub 50k because of Japan. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. It's probably going to be in the 40k region in 2weeks.

People have been saying this will happen for 3 months. Dont see much of a reason for next week to finally be the time.

Quite simple... It dropped by 10k in Japan which would put it at around 54k. Then you have Europe that is steadily dropping. It's not going to be in the 40k region next week, but it's very likely that it will be there in 2-3weeks unfortunetely because of Japan and Europe.

But Hyrule Warriors in the west and Fatal Frame in japan is a few weeks away. I think it's dropping too slowly to get that low before then.

greenmedic88 said:
Smear-Gel said:
Smeags said:
1. Quote trees. I've been nice and removed them from this page. I'm going to stop being nice now. Stop the massive quote trees or you will be moderated for it.

2. Enough of the "LOL UR SALTY" "NO UR SALTY LOL" "NO WAI MR. SALT!". If you think someone is unnecessarily flaming/trolling, then report it. The inane chatter doesn't add anything to the discussion (but it does add to my headache).

@_@

The recent obsession with calling people salty has become the most annoying thing on the site.

It has become the new butt-hurt.

With regards to ridiculous statements that are not backed by anything substantial, I prefer the term "delusional."

Delusional makes the person saying it seem incredibly self centred though.

CGI-Quality said:

Front page adjustment:

Wii U and PS4 adjusted up, Xbox One adjusted down. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
greenmedic88 said:

It has become the new butt-hurt. 

With regards to ridiculous statements that are not backed by anything substantial, I prefer the term "delusional."

That sounds much more insulting than butt hurt or salty though...

And salty and delusional don't mean the same thing. One is about crying because of something not going your way, the otherwise about believing something very improbable is certain to happen.

Anyway. We can see that Xbox fans are really getting upset about the state of things when someone who started out in the thread with an intention to calmly point out a few things about why PS4 doesn't deserve its sales ends up getting banned.

In some respects I think PS4 is selling more on anticipated future games than on the current library. I'm not playing much ps4 right now, but that's going to change very soon when I get Diablo III and Dragon Age Inquisition. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Clyde32 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Front page adjustment:

Wii U and PS4 adjusted up, Xbox One adjusted down. 

Wow. Interested to see how this translates to the actual numbers in the charts. They don't seem to have updated yet, at least not for me.

Say goodbye to your life once you get Diablo! :)  It will suck you in and won't let go! ESPECIALLY if you have an extra DS4 or two...couch co-op is a BLAST!

Did you notice that the chart said "Hardware numbers through Aug 26th"?  My guess is they still aren't counting some of the ones that were missing....and it also sounds like we are about to see last weeks numbers...

CGI-Quality said:
False alarm, no adjustment. New numbers:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189267&page=1#

There actually was an adjustment. Xbox One used to be at 5.1