By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 16th August HW up; + adjustments; PS4 at 9.9M

Arkaign said:
jnemesh said:
overman1 said:
jnemesh said:
Its a shame NPD numbers dont include Amazon, or any other online retailer....

really?

i didnt know that...

Yeah, NPD only counts physical "brick and mortar" retail sales.

I have good news for you :

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_Group

They don't count Amazon (or other internet) direct download game sales.

But any physical game sales and hardware sales DO count with NPD :)

The sales for the long-building Destiny bundle will all count in September NPD (announced in October). With the thing being ranked so highly for so long (more people are STILL preordering the PS4 destiny bundle than are buying XB1s day to day!!), I'm expecting possibly near 1M PS4 sales for September. More likely 600-750k, but anything is possible.

okay that makes sense because that would be a lot of PS4 and Destiny Bundles not taken into account.

Around the Network
vivster said:
And people wonder why I don't like Xbox. If it continues this path it's gonna make me lose my bet.

And your first one too.

tsk tsk, not a good track record.

That is indeed good news!  I thought they were not tracking them at all!

overman1 said:
jnemesh said:

really?

i didnt know that...

Yes they do

sully1311 said:
mornelithe said:

In my area (Northeast USA), the XB1 Madden Bundle is at 17th, and the Stand alone XB1 is at 81st, PS4 stand alone 7th, Destiny Bundle 8th.  For software the XB1 version is 10th, PS4 version is 11th.

Amazon.com will be USA as a whole, not done on area.

Oh I thought it was separated by region, my bad.

Around the Network
jnemesh said:
overman1 said:
jnemesh said:

really?

i didnt know that...

Yeah, NPD only counts physical "brick and mortar" retail sales.

NPD do track Amazon and many other online retailers. They don't track digital downloads.

Looking at some people history it seems like they just "loose it" or "snap" in this thread. Now the bigger question for Sony now is have they produce enough PS4 for the holidays season cause if I remember correctly they were projecting 17 millions by fiscal year 2015. Meaning only 7 millions in the next 7 months with 2 holidays month.
Sony better make sure they meet demand on those holidays.

1. Quote trees. I've been nice and removed them from this page. I'm going to stop being nice now. Stop the massive quote trees or you will be moderated for it.

2. Enough of the "LOL UR SALTY" "NO UR SALTY LOL" "NO WAI MR. SALT!". If you think someone is unnecessarily flaming/trolling, then report it. The inane chatter doesn't add anything to the discussion (but it does add to my headache).

@_@

jnemesh said:

That is indeed good news!  I thought they were not tracking them at all!

Definitely. The numbers are going to be stunning I think.

The Destiny bundle for many months now has tracked higher almost always than any XB1 SKU (or perhaps always?). Given that Amazon has shown to be an incredibly reliable predictor/tracker for sales order in the US regarding PS4/XB1, that should mean that :

More Destiny Bundles per month have been building up as preorders than total monthly XB1 sales each month. How much more? Nobody knows. But they will all cash in as sales (other than cancellations of course, which I don't expect to be a problem, as demand should be strong enough to sell them to waiting buyers at Destiny launch timeframe) in a single NPD. It should be a stunning blowout.

Maybe 3-1+ in the US NPD for September. I'll be shocked if it is just a 2 to 1 number.

Smeags said:
1. Quote trees. I've been nice and removed them from this page. I'm going to stop being nice now. Stop the massive quote trees or you will be moderated for it.

2. Enough of the "LOL UR SALTY" "NO UR SALTY LOL" "NO WAI MR. SALT!". If you think someone is unnecessarily flaming/trolling, then report it. The inane chatter doesn't add anything to the discussion (but it does add to my headache).

@_@

*offers a totally-not-sucking-up-to-authority cookie* =D

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.