By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most FPSs are bad, most devs are clueless.

Tagged games:

Most FPSs are bad, most devs are clueless?

Yes, they are really bad. 93 75.61%

No, they are amazing. 29 23.58%

Total:122

QuintonMcLeod said:

The purpose of a game is to have fun. If you're not having fun, then the game has failed. A lot of these FPS games are just made to create a money tree for some of these developers and publishers. Many of these FPS games are hollow and lack any sort of depth. No one tries to innovate. Everyone is trying to be a realistic military shooter. It's sad, really.

not really...

Around the Network

QuintonMcLeod said:

The purpose of a game is to have fun. If you're not having fun, then the game has failed. A lot of these FPS games are just made to create a money tree for some of these developers and publishers. Many of these FPS games are hollow and lack any sort of depth. No one tries to innovate. Everyone is trying to be a realistic military shooter. It's sad, really.

not really...

Faust said:

QuintonMcLeod said:

not really...

I don't often agree with that one, but... if the purpose of gaming isn't to have fun, then what is it suppose to provide?

I want a remake of Killzone 2 (exactly same gameplay and style) but with better graphics and and an expanded Story that blends in with KZ3 (but not KZ3 remake but a retelling in KZ2).

KZ2 was the best FPS that I have ever played. Heavy feel, gritty atmosphere and a challenge both in SP and online.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Some FPSs are good. Some are bad. This goes for all game genres.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Faust said:

QuintonMcLeod said:

not really...

I don't often agree with that one, but... if the purpose of gaming isn't to have fun, then what is it suppose to provide?

just for reference. Journey is one of my alltime favorites, nevertheless, is not fun at all. Spec ops the line is way 2 depressing (the opposite of fun), yet i love the game. Silent hill, Shadow of the colossus, nier, blablaba, etc etc i guess you have the idea.

Danman27 said:
Some FPSs are good. Some are bad. This goes for all game genres.

you are right, but to hate on fps s the cool thing to do

Come on does anyone really count chrysis as an actual game. It was more like a tech demo so players who could run it on high could gloat about it all over web forums.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I agree.

Ever since i played the first one (Doom/Quake/Wolfenstein) that everytime i try a new one, it feels like playing the same game all over again, except somehow a bit worse because theres no novelty to the gameplay or it deteriorated into corridors. This is seemingly inexcusable in JRPG's but in FPS's it seems to somehow be alright and everyone gobbles it up.

The only exception for me are games like Fallout, Borderlands or similar wich take a more RPG and open world aproach to the game. The rest... trash i stay away from.

The concept of ''open world'' and ''rpg'' elements have killed modern day FPS as well as the focus on MP in military shooters.

Thats why Halo will always be a winner for me. Not trying to be COD. Not trying to be Fallout. It 343 wanted to do open world, I am sure they will pull it off.