By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most FPSs are bad, most devs are clueless.

Tagged games:

Most FPSs are bad, most devs are clueless?

Yes, they are really bad. 93 75.61%

No, they are amazing. 29 23.58%

Total:122

most FPSes have been bad for over 10 years

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:.

how did you play metro 2033 on ps3? It was never released there!! Also fps are a lot of fun, but not for everyone, that´s the reason different genres exist, there are popular so there a lot of them like platformers in the 90s and when you have a lot you normally have more bad games but that doesn´t mean there are no original or good fps just play bulletstorm, borderlands or metro (which has a way better story than mgs4, by the way)

Squeezol said:
Teeqoz said:
In that case 40% of all gamers have bad taste. You think you could make better and more fun games?

Please don't use this sentence.. It's silly and doesn't make sense. You're pretty much saying only people who are better than others at something can criticize, which is not really true.

I'm sorry, I understand it doesn't really make sense. But Wagner has such an extreme point of view, he says FPS's aren't fun even though they obviously are enjoyed by some 30-40 million people. Even though he doesn't have fun doesn't give him the right to say that FPS's in general aren't fun. Saying that you don't enjoy FPS's and saying that most devs are clueless are two different things.

A fun game doesn't really need to have strong narrative Wagner.
For example, I play the hell out of Titanfall and I never, ever, ever,ever... touched it's campaign.
By nature, FPSs are designed to be FUN because of its game mechanic and competitiveness. Why do you think Goldeneye was so successful? Mostly because of its mp.
Quake series, Unreal series, Halo series, COD are all found to be FUN by their user base mostly/solely because of their mp and their tight game controls.
And "bad" is a very relative adjective.

Most FPS titles are great.

I just feel bad for you that you can't enjoy and respect different genres of gaming. There's no agenda or blueprint these developers have to push. They're making these games because there's a market where people enjoy them. I'm one of those people.

With respects to Metro 2033, it's based off of a great novel and in terms of gameplay and creating a believeable world, its ideas are pretty original when compared to other FPS games. 

Squeezol said:
Teeqoz said:
In that case 40% of all gamers have bad taste. You think you could make better and more fun games?

Please don't use this sentence.. It's silly and doesn't make sense. You're pretty much saying only people who are better than others at something can criticize, which is not really true.

It definitely makes sense in the context of the original post. Calling them "douchebags" gives off the impression that he knows better than they do.

Around the Network

I like FPS games, both single player and multiplayer. Some of them are really dumb and boring but there are a few really great ones as well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's more the community that makes an fps bad, most fps games are actually good. People often generalise them to be just cod and battlefield but the genre is really incredibly varied. 

What with games like Far Cry and Bioshock, both fantastic series' which couldn't be more different to the likes of metro or cod eg.  

Personally i have fun with fps games that tend to not try to be realistic or futuristic but there's so many out there. it's good to see a variety. 

Although i think you don't like fps games for some reason. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Maybe you should take up soduko or chess.

Metro 2033 isn't on PS3.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Some people would say the same about MGS series.