By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well duh, Pokken Tournament is on Arcades first

Can you calm down about Pokken Tournament coming only to Arcades and the usual "Nintendo dumbness strikes again!" comments please.

Street Fighter, Tekken, Persona 4 Arena, Blazeblue and many other games release in Arcades first and then release later on consoles with the bugs ironed out.

This pretty much always happens. And arcades are still pretty big in Japan.

I've seen people say that a fighting game coming to consoles before arcades is actually the odd situation.

It's like we are at the point where Ninty is out of touch for  doing something everyone does.

And why would an English language trailer be made for a Japanese only arcade game?

A lack of a confirmation doesn't mean much. In fact, from what I've heard in the fighting game community, the creator of Persona 4 Arena said it WOULDN'T come to consoles and yet here we are.

So like, remain calm. And excited. And also vote for Smeargle to be a character.

Around the Network

Its interesting how companies are still making games for Arcades in Japan since most of them are basically dead in NA

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, I don't think they would release an English trailer if it was never going to be released on Wii U

I just want it now. Arcades make me wait longer than I want to... I seriously hope that it's part of Nintendo's Pokemon initiative of simultaneous worldwide releases.

#BELIEVE

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Its interesting how companies are still making games for Arcades in Japan since most of them are basically dead in NA

I actually had no idea arcades were dead in NA.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I just want it now. Arcades make me wait longer than I want to... I seriously hope that it's part of Nintendo's Pokemon initiative of simultaneous worldwide releases.

#BELIEVE

I have a feeling thier aiming for a 2015 holiday release. Pokemon and Holidays go together like Pokemon and Holidays.

I agree. They're just using the arcades to drum up hype then release the complete game with more pokemon and different modes on consoles. Didn't they do the same for Tekken?

Edit: wrong thread.

It will be on Wii U, Nintendo can't afford to turn away any content at this point.

Even if they release every game they have planned for next year (roughly 1 game per month after January), they still are looking at maybe only 20 games total for the Wii U for the entire year.

That's horrible for any system.

Fatal Frame V will come out in the West for the same reason. 

Smear-Gel said:

I have a feeling thier aiming for a 2015 holiday release. Pokemon and Holidays go together like Pokemon and Holidays.

Not if it's an Arcade game. I'd say early summer to late spring like Mario Kart 8. That may give them time to get it out world wide by Holiday 2015 if they manage it well enough.