By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why isn't the media covering the killing of an unarmed white youth by a black police officer?

mjk45 said:
Because there isn't a riot attached to it , also it doesn't come with a community feeling it's being targeted because of race.

So every black victim is caused because of race? Whereas every white man deserves it?

Around the Network

Dumb.

Why dont we report on every shooting that ever happens?

There's tonnes of unarmed black youth shot by white policemen that aren't reported. Is that also because of a liberal reason?

Maybe the back lash it sparked is the reason? We don't pick and choose what gets media attention.

Also, racial profiling is still a huge problem for black people.

And now to leave this discussion because talking about race on the internet is doomed to end in me reading a lot of generalised or incorrect information.

huiii said:
Because obviously only white people can be racists

/s

Fixed.

Smear-Gel said:

We don't pick and choose what gets media attention.

You cannot possibly be serious.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Smear-Gel said:

We don't pick and choose what gets media attention.

You cannot possibly be serious.

None of us decised that this shooting would be the one to spark riots and looting over any other, whether it was a white or black person who got shot. No, not even news stations are that good.

Around the Network

because it was a white person that died, You are allowed to kill a white person without being called racist. Remember, you are only allowed to hate a person if they are White or Christian (though Muslims are getting to that point as well).

Smear-Gel said:

None of us decised that this shooting would be the one to spark riots and looting over any other, whether it was a white or black person who got shot. No, not even news stations are that good.

That isn't the problem. I realize the protesting started immediately, and quite frankly, had nothing to do with the news.

But there was an emphasis placed on this situation by familiar faces such as Sharpton, etc. And they DO choose which situations they will use to push their agendas. I have never, in my life heard Al Sharpton raise up a case of a black being racist towards a white. Ever.

The reason for this is quite simple. They pick and choose what they want to use to push their agendas.

So what happened on the scene? How did the situation developed until the shooting?

Goatseye said:
So what happened on the scene? How did the situation developed until the shooting?

There was a police call from the gas station reporting an armed individual if I'm not mistaken, but we aren't even fully sure. If I recall correctly, some people are even saying the cop (which ironically enough is not having his name released until appropriate) may have shot the completely wrong person.

Smear-Gel said:
Dumb.

Why dont we report on every shooting that ever happens?

There's tonnes of unarmed black youth shot by white policemen that aren't reported. Is that also because of a liberal reason?

Maybe the back lash it sparked is the reason? We don't pick and choose what gets media attention.

Also, racial profiling is still a huge problem for black people.

And now to leave this discussion because talking about race on the internet is doomed to end in me reading a lot of generalised or incorrect information.

+1 and I will also take my leave