By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma in EDGE: Zelda Wii U won't be open world the same way other games are.

He basically means it's open world but not a sandbox like GTA.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
spemanig said:
Vincoletto said:
Please, dont make zelda open world. Why does everything needs to be open world?

Zelda was the first open world game. And any game where you explore a world needs to be open world. The better question is why not?

Ultima says hello. -___-

As for what Aonuma is saying, I take it he means it will be open world, but not sandbox.

If by open world you mean you can look at the world in all directions and move in a 3D enviroment then OK, its just like Ocarina or any other Zelda game.

But there was is a linearity to it, you can't just go anywhere you want from the beggining, so you have to follow a certain path to the game. And anyway, the "world" in zelda games usually are small so it's more like space between the dungeons where you can have side quests or other stuff. Like the Arkham city for example. Thats is perfect for me.

Hynad said:

Ultima says hello. -___-

As for what Aonuma is saying, I take it he means it will be open world, but not sandbox.

Well the first mainstream one. No one knows Ultima.

maybe he means you can spawn right from the start wherever you want lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spemanig said:
Hynad said:

Ultima says hello. -___-

as I said in my previous post ..LoZ first non linear open world.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

This is a much better definition. Open world like OOT instead of GTA

spemanig said:
Hynad said:

Ultima says hello. -___-

Nice excuse. But you're wrong. You may have no idea what Ultima is. But that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't know what it is. And even if nobody here knew what Ultima is, that doesn't make what you say any more true. Don't you like looking at things without blinders? Or is Nintendo God to you and everything must come from them first?

Well, with a little luck we'll only have to wait until next E3 to discover what he really means. After all, we only have to wait ...

Scrap that! I hope they explain what they mean a lot sooner than that.

But I hope what some have already said is true and he means just Open World but not Sandbox.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Vincoletto said:
Wyrdness said:

This is a much better definition. Open world like OOT instead of GTA

OoT is not open world. It's connected to feel open, but it isn't. Wind Waker is the only open world 3D Zelda.

Interesting, wonder what he means. Really want to see some gameplay now

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC